Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2003, 11:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Mutant X #1: Stopped For a Beer and a Bucket of Wings

Hey just thought since there wasn't already a Mutant X thread that I would get one going. Thanks for the suggestion Miss Cranky Pants.

I think the show has vastly improved in the 2nd season all around. It still drives me crazy that none of the Mutant X team has not hooked up yet. Im still rooting for Jess/Emma
Old 03-10-2003, 11:39 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Howdy Gleebo .. I don't watch regular cause it airs at such different times here. But the concept I like. And the shows I've caught were good. I can't keep the folks straight .. but I always thought the brunette gal with the control power and the blonde guy with the density power looked nice together .. and maybe throw in electric guy too .. cause the lady shouldn't have to pick just one. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

But yeah it seems they've kept their love things outside the group. Wonder why? Guess it keeps the eps more stand alone if there isn't big arcs. Too bad.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah the fact that there are soooo many stand alone episodes, almost all of them, is my one gripe about the show. I think that they need to delve into the mythology of the show and keep a season long arc going.

That and the show occasionally has an uncanny knack for putting me to sleep. And im an insomniac. I dont know what it is about it, maybe the camera work.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gleebo:
<STRONG>Yeah the fact that there are soooo many stand alone episodes, almost all of them, is my one gripe about the show. I think that they need to delve into the mythology of the show and keep a season long arc going.</STRONG>
That was why I quit watching during season one. I was enjoying the sghow and the characters for a while but then I realized nothing ever changed within the main character group and storylines. Is it still that way?

Can someone fill me in on what's been happening?

~Kat
Old 03-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Loyal Fan

That's my biggest gripe too... I love the premise for the show about genetically altered super humans.. but they haven't really delved into the background... Continuity sucks big time. I am still watching giving it a chance. I love the characters and I love the idea for the show. I'm hoping that with time it will get better. Most eppys are pretty good but they do need some work.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:51 PM
jjt
Master Fan

ps today's comic continuum has tons of pics for upcoming eps .. http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...3/10/index.htm
Old 03-12-2003, 01:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well at the beginning of Season 2 it looked like they were gonna carry an arc with Ashlocke, and then bam it was over and back to stand alone eps. I just dont like it when they bring in a love interest for one of the characters each week and kill them off. Although I loved the Sebastian Spence guest spot, and the Mark Lutz spot last season. This show has potential, i just wish they would bring back Eckhart back and go all arcy on me.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yep. I hate the "romance of the week" plot almost as much as other certain shows' "freak of the week" plot. Though as long as there seems to be a developing and continuous story, I don't mind either as much. And it just wasn't happening with Mutant X. Great characters, but no ongoing stories to keep me coming back...

Who's everyone's favorite characters?

[ 03-12-2003: Message edited TheCheshireKitten ]

~Kat
Old 03-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Emma is easily my favorite character. I also loved the hair color change for the second season. I think she is the most rebellious of the Mutant X team and wonder how long they are gonna be able to contain her powers.

The black flash from her mind she made in "No Man Left Behind" could have been foreshadowing.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Okay my favorite character in regards to power would be Emma.

Favorite because I want to be shallow.. Season 1 it was definitely Brennan with Shalimar a close 2nd.. Season 2 Jesse has inched up there and I can't decide who I like more Jesse or Brennan.

Personality wise.. Adam & Jesse are my tops..
Old 03-14-2003, 01:01 AM
Master Fan

Eh yes. I caught a few episodes in its first season. Thought "Hey, this is filmed in Toronto! Maybe I should...show some support for it or something". Didn't really have high hopes or expectations for and from it, considering the constant barrage of bad shows that are shown here in Toronto...but, it was remarkably similar to X-Men and I thought that maybe it would be a show that I could watch in the meantime until X2 came out. Anyways, to cut the story short, I lost interest with the lack of continuity. It was always the bad guy of the week or the budding romance of the week. I couldn't get past that, so I just stopped. I hope that it'll eventually get better (seeing as it apparently still is like that)...but yeah.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think the stand alone story episodes have got much stronger in the second season, but still I think they would have a much better show if they had season long villians. Ive heard speculation about the return of one villian for this season but dont know if it is gonna happen.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:28 AM
Elite Fan

i watch this show when i can, but it's usually on when i'm getting ready for work. I'd buy the DVD set if it had one.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Word has it that Season 1 should be out on DVD very soon.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have heard mixed reports about either single 2 episode DVDs and season sets.