Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Locke & Key - Each key comes with danger around every corner

This is a thread for the six part volume series - Locke & Key by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez.

1 - Welcome to Lovecraft

Locke & Key tells of Keyhouse, an unlikely New England mansion, with fantastic doors that transform all who dare to walk through them. Home to a hate-filled and relentless creature that will not rest until it forces open the most terrible door of them all...

2 - Head Games

Following a shocking death that dredges up memories of their father's murder, Kinsey and Tyler Locke are thrown into choppy emotional waters, and turn to their new friend, Zack Wells, for support, little suspecting Zack's dark secret. Meanwhile, six-year-old Bode Locke tries to puzzle out the secret of the head key, and Uncle Duncan is jarred into the past by a disturbingly familiar face. Open your mind - the head games are just getting started.

3 - Crown of Shadows

The dead plot against the living, the darkness closes in on Keyhouse, and a woman is shattered beyond repair, in the third storyline of the Eisner-nominated series, Locke & Key! Dodge continues his relentless quest to find the key to the black door, and raises an army of shadows to wipe out anyone who might get in his way. Surrounded and outnumbered, the Locke children find themselves fighting a desperate battle, all alone, in a world where the night itself has become their enemy.

4 - Keys to the Kingdom

Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez's Locke & Key unwinds into its fourth volume in Keys to the Kingdom. With more keys making themselves known, and the depths of the Locke family's mystery ever-expanding, Dodge's desperation to end his shadowy quest drives the inhabitants of Keyhouse ever closer to a revealing conclusion.

5 - Clockworks

Colonel Adam Crais's minutemen are literally trapped between a rock and a hard place; in the first days of the Revolutionary War, they find themselves hiding beneath 120 feet of New England stone, with a full regiment of redcoats waiting for them in the daylight... and a door into hell in the cavern below. The black door is open, and it's up to a 16-year-old smith named Ben Locke to find a way to close it. The biggest mysteries of the Locke & Key series are resolved as Clockworks opens, not with a bang, but with the thunderous crash of English cannons.

6 - Alpha & Omega

The shadows have never been darker and the end has never been closer. Turn the key and open the last door; it's time to say goodbye.

The final arc of New York Times bestselling Locke & Key comes to a thundrous and compelling conclusion.

An event not to be missed!

Collects Omega #1-5 and Alpha #1-2.

Fanlist -
1. Atomicempress

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
AtomicEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:26 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Adding this to our thread guide.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thank you! Interesting! Is this a horror/suspense series? Did I see a mention of H.P. Lovecraft?
Old 05-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Yes it is a horror and suspense series, it for sure has shades of lovecraft but you don't get that pay off until I'd say about vol. 5 when alot of the questions that haven't been answered start to get answered via flashbacks. Joe Hill is also a novelist, who happens to be Stephen King's son.

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Old 05-15-2014, 03:56 PM

Thanks. I'll have to search for it.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:56 AM
Elite Fan

I took a long gap between reading and then did a re-read and am now on the one I stopped on #5.

ETA - I finished vol. 6 Alpha and Omega about 20 minutes ago. It was for sure the most graphic, violence wise. I really enjoyed the character's and they were, even in a fantasy story, very human and flawed and believable.

Last edited by AtomicEmpress; 06-19-2015 at 03:05 AM
Old 06-23-2015, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember when Fox was making this into a show with Josh Friedman and then they didn't pick it up.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmmm...doesn't ring a bell to me
Old 06-26-2015, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They shot the pilot, but it wasn't picked up.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:28 AM
Elite Fan

is the girl in the well Ksenia Solo? It sounds like her voice.

Also the tone of that trailer doesn't really match the graphic novels. For the most part they are whimsical and full of wonder about the discoveries their making (Apart from some tragic deaths) until about vol. 4 when crap gets real.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, that's Ksenia Solo.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:59 AM
Elite Fan

I love her. I would have been interested to see what she would have done with the character especially since in the graphic novels, she goes from female to male several times.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

New news -

http://www.themarysue.com/locke-maslany/

Old 07-08-2015, 03:10 PM

Awesome news! If I can I'll check it out on audio.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link.