Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Scott Speedman #63: The Adoration Continues...

In addition to Weirdsville and The Strangers, we'll soon have another Speedy project to look forward to. Scott will begin filming Adoration for Atom Egoyan next week (hence, the thread title! ). We wish him all the best!

Don't know if this will work, but...

Larger versions of those thumbnails.

Clean-shaven or bearded. plaid shirt or blue tee, he's still pretty darn cute! Let the adoration continue.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks, mjw11, for the new thread.

Quote:
Don't know if this will work, but...

Larger versions of those thumbnails.
The link doesn't work, but here are the pictures. Thanks.

Quote:

It was up north that Drew Barrymore’s new boyfriend, Justin Long, was telling Scott Speedman, “No more,” at the Motorola Late Night Lounge party.

I’m told Speedman tried to entice Long onto the dance floor by flashing some skin. “Scott was dancing toward him and lifting up his shirt and rubbing his abs,” a fellow partygoer reports. “Justin ran away.”

Planet Gossip - Northern Exposure: Tinseltown Toronto

Last edited by dune; 09-12-2007 at 12:59 AM
Old 09-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Total Fan

mjw11, thanks for the new thread. I the title. dune, thanks for the pics. I am not entirely fond of this look. He really needs to shave. Can I do it for him? mjw11, I hope you enjoyed "Weirdsville" today. Please give us your full report when you get home. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Tumblr
Old 09-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey, I'm back from my Toronto adventure. I'm tired, but I had a great day! I'll skip the movie review for tonight and just talk about Speedy. First, my chronological account of the day, and then a few observations and impressions of him. It's going to be VERY lengthy, so I hope I don't put anyone to sleep. Please be gentle and don't judge me!!!

I got to the theater an hour early (it's one of those huge multiplexes), picked up my ticket and headed up the escalator. I was about the 10th person in line. When they finally let us into the theater, the first thing my eyes honed in on was the reserved seats... in particular, the one that said "Mr. Scott Speedman". I promptly sat two rows behind that one, even though I figured there was no way in hell he was going to sit there and watch himself on screen (and I was right... none of the main cast sat in their reserved seats). People began filing in and I recognized alot of the cast. The actor who portrayed the little mall security guard was right next to me talking to someone. Then I saw it... the PLAID! He was down at the side of the theater and he was looking up and sort of scanning the audience. He had a bottle of water in one hand and his cell phone in the other. A couple of times, he looked down at his phone, but for the most part, he just stood nervously rubbing his beard and looking around. Taryn Manning and Wes Bentley were chatting away with each other, but Scott wasn't talking to anyone.

They introduced the film, told us the director and most of the cast would be holding a Q&A after the screening and the movie began.

After the movie, lots of people left the theater and didn't stay for the Q&A. Scott was standing to the side again watching the people leave. They introduced Allan Moyle and he introduced the cast. The Q&A was pretty lame... not ONE question for Scott. He never uttered a single word. He was standing, then eventually sat on the half-wall behind him and looked like he couldn't wait to get out of there. I watched him and recognized so many of his mannerisms, it was downright scary! He was very fidgety. He picked at his fingers, scratched his arms, but mostly... he kept dropping his head down and running his hands through his hair. At one point, Allan Moyle sort of rubbed his back as if to say, "it'll be okay". They asked Wes Bentley about the great chemistry between him and Scott and he pretty much told the same story we've already heard. He said that Scott tried to get in touch with him a few times before filming, but Wes was busy "doing his own thing". When they finally met, Wes showed up at Scott's room wearing a bathrobe and thought if Scott laughs, they'd get along just fine. He said they became kind of like brothers. (Wes was very personable and cute and self-confident. He seems like a great guy.) Allan Moyle tried to hand the microphone to Scott, but he wouldn't take it. Allan said that Scott was very shy, but his nickname for him on the set was "Uncle Scott".

Then it was time to leave. I saw Scott go over and hug Raoul Bhaneja and Matt Frewer and a couple others from the cast. I left the theater, but I lingered outside in the lobby. Taryn Manning came out first. She looks like a very tough cookie! Wes Bentley came out next and a few people were congratulating him. He's pretty short and small (thin) and was dressed very nicely (no plaid!). Then Scott came out. This was the closest I got to him... probably about three feet away at this point. He talked to Wes for a minute, put his hand on his shoulder and said he'd see him at the party. Then he left... he was walking with an older woman and let me tell you, he moves fast! Before I knew what I was doing, I started following him down the escalator. He left the theater and he started walking in the opposite direction of the parking lot where I'd left my car, but... I followed! He was all by himself... no one noticed him or stopped him. Then he looked both ways as he crossed the street. When he looked in my direction, he looked right at me and I did it! I spoke to him! I said, "Congratulations, the movie was great!". He said, "Oh, thank you. Thank you very much." Then he crossed the street... and I thought, oh $h*t, I have to turn around now and head back to my car, but I didn't want him to see me again and think I was a crazy stalker lady. I blended into a crowd, but it wasn't necessary because he was already talking to a couple of people across the street by then. The next time I turned around to look, he was walking down the street with a skinny guy who had a man-purse. That was it... the plaid shirt and the blonde shaggy hair went off into the sunset!

My random observations:

- It sounds strange... everyone always says he's way more gorgeous in person, but to me, he looked exactly as I thought he would. His hair is very long right now, the beard is quite thick, and he has a small cut on the bridge of his nose. His height is what I thought it would be ... he didn't look short at all, easily close to 6 feet. The only difference is that he looks thinner in person. From the front, he actually looks broad-shouldered, but from the back, he's very... narrow, thin. He has an amazing walk. Very, very sexy.

- He seems like he has so much energy, he doesn't know what to do with it. Like he's ready to just burst!

- These observations may sound strange... partly because I feel maternal towards him, and partly dime-store psychologist, but I think he's an odd, quirky sort of guy. On the other hand, I think there is a real sweetness and genuineness in him that made me feel like crying for some reason. It seems like he knows alot of people, but I sensed an alone-ness about him. On the drive home, I found myself hoping that he will someday find someone great to be with, someone who will be able to calm him. Crazy, huh?!

Well, that's it! Thank you for anyone who hung in there and read this. I can finally say, I had my very own "Speedy sighting"! Goodnight everyone.

ETA: dune, thank you for posting the pictures!

Last edited by mjw11; 09-12-2007 at 08:12 PM
Old 09-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

mjw, Thanks so much for telling us your great story. It sounded so familiar, very much like when I met him at the Weirdsville premiere in Park City. I'm glad you had your very own "Speedy sighting". It helps to see he is just a regular person, doesn't it!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks so much!mjw11 for your detailed report. I enjoyed to read it
Old 09-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the encounter story! Scott sounds like a great guy.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you so much for your report you have been great but it makes me very sad..it seems tha scott is a very lonely person is he?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:43 AM
New Fan

mjw11, thanks for the report. Sounds like good times. Did you enjoy the movie at all?

I think on the last thread I asked what fans' (who have encountered him) impressions are of his personality. Your account definitely satisfied my curiosity.

Although, someone said, I guess on the last thread that he was immature as well. Or seemed it. Did you get that impression?

The poor guy kinda seems like a duck out of water in the industry he's in.
I hope your wish comes true, that he finds a decent person to help balance him out. Perhaps someone not in the film industry.

Toronto is so much better than L.A. It's gotta be tough.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:38 AM
Total Fan

mjw11, I am so excited for you after reading your Speedy encounter!! I am happy that you got to see him in person. at last. Thanks for sharing all your impressions and I am positive they are dead on. I was struck by how shy and separate he is from everyone else when I saw him at TIFF in 2003. I can't believe it was that long ago now! I knew you would talk to him, when push came to shove. How could you not? Is your crush even stronger than before now that you've seen him in person? And how did you like the movie itself? We await your full review.

Thanks for sharing your great story!

Tumblr
Old 09-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

I just watched eTalk and they showed a clip of Scott walking down Yorkville talking on a cell phone (I think it was from yesterday). He smiles when he sees them filming and tells them that he's talking to his mom. It was really cute. He seems like sucha sweetheart.

Vincent Augusto Spiederman Jennifer Margaret Williamson
Old 09-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I just watched eTalk and they showed a clip of Scott walking down Yorkville talking on a cell phone (I think it was from yesterday). He smiles when he sees them filming and tells them that he's talking to his mom. It was really cute. He seems like sucha sweetheart.
Thanks for the info! I searched this video but I can´t find it.

New pic: found in :ctv site

Below the pic: "The pensive and ruminating Scott Speedman. Please let us know what you come up with."
Old 09-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Thank you for the picture mili. The big question... will he be shaving it off this week when he starts filming Adoration? (Yes please!)

You can see a little bit of video of him walking/talking on this website if you click on the day 8 update.

Here are a couple of cute pictures of Scott from last week. Apparently, the National Post reporter invited Speedy to join him in the hot tub. He politely declined, but was nice enough to bring the guy a drink!

For my capsule movie review of Weirdsville... it would have to be mixed. I really enjoyed the performances and loved the chemistry between Wes and Scott, but other scenes weren't nearly as funny or interesting and dragged the movie down a bit for me. It's extremely "indie" and very low-budget. It's also very offbeat and wry, so my opinion could change with subsequent viewings. I think I missed alot... that might have been due to the fact that I was still reeling from having just seen Scott in person for the first time! One thing is for sure... it's a great role for him and he plays "Dexter" very well. He's funny, sad, sweet, smart, loveable, and the one with the "conscience". He's very protective of "Mattie" (Taryn Manning's character) and they have a really nice scene together. But more than anything, he and Wes made a great screen-team.

My official rating: *** out of *****
Old 09-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

MJW.... im so very excited for you!!! Everyone needs at least one Speedy sighting in their lifetime to be complete.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

sorry double post
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top