Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 09:23 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
He's quite adorable being stubborn about it.
I agree!! Even though I want him to accept the money because I don't want Downton to go, I'm glad to see he is sticking to what he believes to be right. He's being nice about it, but not caving. I like a guy with a backbone.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

So what will he do with the money ? What's the plan ? As Martha said, "You have to spend it on something"

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love how happy he was when he came back from honeymoon.
Wouldn't you be if you had spent an entire month away from everyone and only in the company of your very sexy and foxy wife ? I was surprised the man could walk straight .

folie à deux
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyShipperHeart (View Post)
I agree!! Even though I want him to accept the money because I don't want Downton to go, I'm glad to see he is sticking to what he believes to be right. He's being nice about it, but not caving. I like a guy with a backbone.
EXACTLY! With a high-minded wife, you have to be firm on what you want. I'm actually surprised he hasn't had a major quarrel with Mary yet about this. I think honeymoon is still rubbing off on him tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
So what will he do with the money ? What's the plan ? As Martha said, "You have to spend it on something"
He's not keeping the inheritance for now, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrinha (View Post)
Wouldn't you be if you had spent an entire month away from everyone and only in the company of your very sexy and foxy wife ? I was surprised the man could walk straight .
I'm very much as surprised as you actually. Oh and Matthew's taking heat at calling Alfred a "clot" even if he said no one died when Alfred lost his dinner suit. He's rather a bit confident now, isn't he? I do love it. Matthew's always troubled and kind of lost especially in S1 when he found out he'll be a future Earl. And now he's preparing for it and it probably hit him when he married Mary (the realization of what his life is to become). This financial trouble will affect him a great deal and his being stubborn about it will hopefully pay off soon whether he decides to take the money or not.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Matthew's taking heat at calling Alfred a "clot" even if he said no one died when Alfred lost his dinner suit.
What's a "clot"?
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He's not keeping the inheritance for now, that's for sure.
No but I mean, who will keep it then ?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
What's a "clot"?
It's British slang for fool or an oaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
No but I mean, who will keep it then ?
We still have an unfinished business with Mr. Pullbrooke so if he's alive he keeps it but the thing is he completely vanished (which I find impossible) so it's looking as if Matthew will inherit it. If he doesn't keep it, then I guess no one inherits? Matthew should know the legalities of this though if he doesn't keep the money because I think even if he declines, the will stipulates that he inherits so whether he likes it or not, the money is his.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Elite Fan

I think if there are no heirs, the Gov keeps the money.

Ooooh what if Richard Carlise inherits the money? (ofc it won't happen) but I would love to see him back

Old 09-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Moderator Manager

LOL if he inherits. That will cause a stir for M/M.

I've already mentioned this on one of the threads here but I'm so glad that Matthew is what he is: very noble, decent and a good man. I mean if someone like Larry inherits Downton, that would be so sad. And he truly loves Mary too and it's not because of the title either. But of course he has his flaws, like right now he's being stubborn about this inheritance. And he is still guilt-tripping over Lavinia. I would've thought honeymoon would take his mind off that.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

downton stills
Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Ugh, I didn't want Lavinia to die.

Quote:
There is a video clip of Shallow, the short film with Dan as Richard Dove, on the cinematographer Mattias Nyberg's website. The British Film Council have a synopsis and this photo on their website, as does the IMDb page.

When newly elected MP Richard Dove runs over a young girl on a deserted forest road, he must decide to what lengths he will go to save his blossoming career…
Mattias Nyberg

Old 09-29-2012, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's British slang for fool or an oaf.
Oh that's pretty tame considering what Mary is being called . He may be a fool but he is OUR fool and we adore him .

Quote:
And he is still guilt-tripping over Lavinia. I would've thought honeymoon would take his mind off that.
The honeymoon took his mind of a lot of things but i think he still needs to address his past issues with how the war affected him and how he dealt with the entire Lavinia affair. We often see these issues be dealt with very fast and swept under the rug and i think this is a very good opportunity to see Matthew deal with these past obstacles.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The honeymoon took his mind of a lot of things but i think he still needs to address his past issues with how the war affected him and how he dealt with the entire Lavinia affair. We often see these issues be dealt with very fast and swept under the rug and i think this is a very good opportunity to see Matthew deal with these past obstacles.
ICA IMO JF should have addressed that rather than having Robert lose the money and have Matthew inherit Swire's magical money. Right now, it seems like Lavinia is only good for her money which would save Downton.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 09-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Oh that's pretty tame considering what Mary is being called . He may be a fool but he is OUR fool and we adore him .
No Matthew called Alfred a "clot" in the episode and since Alfred is a likeable character on the show, Matthew's been taking heat at saying this.

Quote:
He needs to talk about this with Mary. One thing those two should work on is their communication skills. Now that this inheritance is up in the air, it's really taking it's toll on him and his relatiionship so yes like you I'm glad he's dealing with this now than let it all be swept under the rug once again.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
No Matthew called Alfred a "clot" in the episode and since Alfred is a likeable character on the show, Matthew's been taking heat at saying this.
Oh ok but i've seen some nasty remarks as well being thrown his way so i assumed he was also called that, and not just Alfred.

I hope i'm very wrong about tonight's episode because i really don't want to be right about something i'm thinking regarding Matthew .