Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Granger Geeks: The Future Sexiest Tomboy- Beanpole on the Planet!

Brunette, bushy-haired and formerly bucktoothed, Hermione was at first a bossy know-it-all who irritated Ron and Harry tremendously, that is until a shared traumatic experience with a troll. After that, she became an appreciated and vital part of "the trio". Though often referred to as "the brain" of the outfit, she is also "the glue" that holds the three of them together (especially when Ron and Harry fight)
Hermione was born to muggle parents who happened to be both dentists, oblivious to the excistence of the wizarding world until the arrival of her letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But her muggle upbringing did not hinder her from being the top of her class, knowing charms above her level, and casting jinxes that even highly trained witches can't counter.

As the best student Hogwarts has seen for many a year, she can be uptight about rules and school work, she often chastised Harry and Ron's constant and often careless rule-breaking. But although she has "loosened up" a great deal in recent years, she has kept a good head on her shoulders. Now, she doesn't hessitate to "bend" a few rules if she knows it's necessary for a good cause. She has also developed a social conscience. During her fourth year she makes great humanitarian efforts towards house elf liberation.

The years have been kind to her as well. Though oftentimes dismissed by Ron and Harry as "one of the boys" by her fourth year, she has proven that she is indeed a pretty GIRL,

catching the attention of famous international Quidditch superstar, Triwizard champion and hero of the Quidditch World Cup, Viktor Krum.

Speaking of Hermione's love life...

[img]smilies/hp_hermione.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]The loves of Hermione Granger [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hp_hermione.gif[/img]

I'm sorry, but we have to disagree with that, now, don't we?
*wink*

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hp_hermione.gif[/img] [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Hermione Ships [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hp_hermione.gif[/img]

As "the #######" of the series and basically the only girl around tons of available guys, Hermione became known as "the most shippable" HP character. Fans have been known to read and re-read the books numerous times and spot these so-called "Hermione's shippy moments"

There's

Justin Finch-Fletchey : "And you're Hermione Granger, always top in everything"

Terry Boot: "With a mind like yours, you should be in Ravenclaw"

Oliver Wood: "He could have kissed her."

Neville Longbottom: "She's always been really nice, helping him out with work and stuff- "

"Professor" Remus J. Lupin: "You're the cleverest witch of your age I've ever met, Hermione."

Viktor Krum: "He'd never felt the same way about anyone else."

Sounds like she has quite the impact doesn't she?

But the most popular thus far is pairing her with everyone's favorite
Blonde, Brunette (technically raven- haired) and Red head.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Miss Emma Watson [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

Ms. Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson's first foray into the world of professional acting came at the tender age of 10, when she made her superb debut in Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, though her natural ability has been evident since an early age with highly praised performances in several school productions.

Inspite of her inexperience as a professional actor and the fact that it's often said she's "too cute" to play the "supposedly" plain Hermione, Emma portrayed her adorably, making it possible for us all to see a litle of ourselves in her character, and earning rave reviews from critics and fans alike.

TRIVIA: Although she played the part of bosy know-it-all quite effectively onscreen, in real life, Emma is a bit shy.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Granger Geeks [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

A-Addicted to love,ABG(Kieu), /./ Aya /./(Nellie), Ashli (Ashley), **Andrea**,Anica, *antarian angel*, Anoel, AI: Momo (Joey), Airie75

B- Blueangel (Din), BuffyAngelFan04 (Jessie), Bookish Hermione(Amanda), belotien, Bloody Brilliant, Butters (Kel), *Ben* (Ben),
**Benji's Trucka Hat**(Emm), b r o k e n, bency (Pavla)

C-Cate,~Catrina~ Clash City Rocker (Layne), Canadian_Moocow (Mel), Candy_Auror, *Catie*, Cold-Blooded Piece of Toast, ++Clara++, Clevland Rocks,clm, CherryChica87, Cloudburst2000

D-~*Dancer in the Dark*~, DCDevotee (Siobhᮩ, -Delilah-, Dreaming Liz (Ann), dixieland dreamer(Jenna)

E-Emilydc (Emily0), Eme, Eyes on Jackie, Eowyn Evenstar

F-fingerless (Amy)

G-guerinschick (Lisa), *Ginger Laura* (Laura), Gilmoracholic, Gardenia (Heather), ~*Gabriela*~

H-Heero Yuy (Lukas), *He_stole_my_heart*(Nye), hollytiger

I- IMweirdINaGOODway??, ickleGRASSHOPPER (Erika), In Fair Verona (Sibby), Intrceptr350 (Kathy), igloo155

J- Just Tracy (Tracy)

K- KervyQT16 (Mandy), KatieHolmes1981 (Amanda), Kat B

L-Lady_Hatchkoff (Liv), Lightstar Angel (Shar), legolasbloom, *Ledi* (Ledi), Llei (Nikki),lilaanzangel_17 lilstarzz, Lizzie1986 (Liz), *LittleWillow*

M-Marauder's Child ([i]Sad雯i]), Mila_Masterson, Mina Potter, Mithvingiel, Moaning_Myrtle, mnlfan, MichaelVartanIsSexy, Mila_Masterson, MBfan19 (Wendy)

N- **nzchick** (Cindy), Neila (Ellie), Natalyly, NYCity boy, *_*Nanda*_*

O- Occie/Caleniawen (Divya, OrlandoNYC (Orlando)

P-Pure Bliss (Ashley), PokeyOoOky, platelet (Sarah), *Pixie Dreamer* (Kik)

R- rachel_19, rOsWeLlBABY, Rodneyz,Rain Sierra (Heather), *Rianna*(Rianna)

S- Scabbers9 (Jo), Siobhᮬ * *sami* *, sirenashbee (Ashlee), Squishy, Sallyna

T- The Verbi (Liam), Tery, Tin? (Eli), Time Cannot Erase (Erin)

V- **Vilandra** (Lisa)

W- waking empty, wizardwitchvampseer

X- X5- 101

So we'll ignore how long it took to do this opening post becasue in Sade'sinfinite wisdom she decides to alphabetize EVERYTHING...

Hence the reason she is a GEEK. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

But it is convienient, I'll give her that. If you need to get a hold of a fellow geek just click on the name and it will direct you to their profile.

Too easy, no?

If you're name hasn't been linked I'm working on it. If you don't see your name on the list and would like to be a Granger Geek just PM me and I'll add you asap.

Thank you's

Thank you to: BuffyAngelFan04 (Jessie), Just Tracy (Tracy), scabbers9 (Jo), and Ashley_316 for the banners. To Sade for organizing the opening post
...and to Kathy for having the patience to do it. *wink*

Also, you'll notice that some pics didn't show. Cause these pics no longer work so if anybody has a any, would you mind sending them my way?

Scabbers9 was awesome enough to open her own Emma Watson site filled with tons of amazing pics. You can find them at www.Emma-Watson.net

If anyone else has some great Emma Watson sites to share, by all means send 'em, and I'll see if I can add them to the opening post. (as if it wasn't complicated enough [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

Whew!

previous thread: Granger Geeks: Because She's Perfect...er- Prefect

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.

Last edited by Pav; 11-21-2004 at 09:43 AM
Old 07-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Aww, gotta love Emma!

May I be added, please? My name is Erin, btw.

I love the opening post! It has about every possible detail you would want to know about Hermione or Emma in it... Very awesome!
Old 07-28-2004, 02:23 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Welcome Erin! You're already on the list!

Reposting my 1st Emma avatar. Hope you like it.

Old 07-28-2004, 02:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Hey

I love Hermione. Next to Snape, she's probably my most fave character, so I'd love to be on the list.

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:51 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudburst2000
Hey

I love Hermione. Next to Snape, she's probably my most fave character, so I'd love to be on the list.

Wish fulfilled!

Click on the image to enlarge.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi all!

I'd just like to remind everyone (or inform you if you don't already know) that the Mod Application for the Harry Potter Board has been extended.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry D
Hi everyone. We're extending the application deadline on this board to July 30 to see if we can get a larger pool of candidates to select from. Thank you.
It officially ends 11:59pm PST (or your your time zone, whichever is later)
July 30.

So to those of you who are interested to apply (but didn't send in your application because you thought the application period has elapsed), send in your applications to ffmodapps@kaxy.com right away!

Please send each email with a subject line of Board Applied For - Currently Displayed Name

And Don't forget to include:
  • 1. Your Currently Displayed Name.
  • 2. Your Age
  • 3. Your Gender (this way, if you get appointed, we can post our welcome thread for you properly, as many posting names are ambiguous, and it’s hard to tell if someone is male or female)
  • 4. If you are a current moderator here, please indicate the message board or boards that you moderate. If you were a former moderator here, please indicate the message board or boards that you used to moderate.
  • 5. Your AIM, ICQ, or MSN ID Number so one of us can talk to you one on one about your candidacy (AIM/AOL is preferred). Note: We will only talk to you one on one if we have questions about your application. Everyone is in different time zones, and some candidates may not be available to talk to us, and we may not be available to talk to them, so we don't intend to talk to everyone individually through one of the above chat programs.
  • 6. A link to your profile here at Fan Forum. (You can get this by clicking on the "Profile" icon on top of your username in your posts.) This will enable us to check your posting frequency on the board that you want to moderate.
  • 7. A brief paragraph describing why you want to be a moderator, and what you can bring to the board that you want to moderate.

If you have any questions, you could ask it at
a) the Moderator Application Process thread at the Q & A Board,
b) the Moderator Opening Announcement here at the Harry Potter Board,
or if you're shy ,
c) simply PM either Ben or Me (Sade).

I'd also like to say that it wouldn't really hurt to try.
And that only a handful of people would know that you did, anyway. (The 3 managers and Ben & me) so don't be shy. *wink*

Also, there really isn't any post count requirement nor minimum number of years you've been a member of FanForum (I myself was only "6 months old" when I applied).
What matters here is the "quality" of your posts, how well you deal with your fellow posters, your "overall impact" on the Board, how crazy you are and how well you rate in the "obsession meter" when it comes to Harry Potter... that kind of thing

But seriously, you should apply!

Best off luck to everyone, and continue posting like crazy to keep our board one of the most active ones in all of FanForum. (Go us!)

&
~ Sade
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé

Last edited by * Marauder's Child *; 07-28-2004 at 04:31 PM
Old 07-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks, bency!
Old 07-29-2004, 12:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by bency

Wish fulfilled!

Click on the image to enlarge.
Thanks

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:43 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Time Cannot Erase
Thanks, bency!
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudburst2000
Thanks
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally posted by * Marauder's Child *
...how crazy you are and how well you rate in the "obsession meter" when it comes to Harry Potter... that kind of thing.

But seriously, you should apply!

&
~ Sade
Thank you for update, Sade! I think I'm HP-crazy enough, anyway, I won't apply this time. I'm sure this board already has many qualified applicants, I have a secret choice.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:41 AM
Banned

I'm a big Emma/Hermione fan. She rocks.

Can i be added to the Geeks list please? Thanks!

That pic of Emma is gorgeous *sigh* From the NY PoA premiere if im right.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Passionate Fan

FINALLY!

A new thread! Thanks for starting it bency! But you might want to edit the opening post because well, you stared it this time. (hint- look at the thank-you's)

I also noticed the lake of fan art that appears in the opening thread compared to some of the other appreciation threads? There's tons of gorgeous pictures out there of so maybe we can remedy this?
Team Britney
Old 07-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love hermione...add me, i'm not sure why i'm not on this list yet
Old 07-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

Intrceptr350-I love your sig! I've got the American version of PoA, and Hermione says "kick the bucket" instead of "pop my clogs"-but "pop my clogs" is SOOOOOOOOO much better!!!! Thinking of Hermione using that phrase just has me rolling.

Hi, I'm new to the thread...I think. (?) I'm TOTALLY a Granger geek. Then I'm a Remus geek, but that's a different story for a different time. Emma's cute, but I'm really FAR more book-focused. I have loved Hermione since her introduction and have never found her annoying and was rather frustrated with the boys for thinking so.

My Hermione actually looks nothing like the books description of her...mine's dark blonde, blue-eyed, short, and...well, skinny it has in common with the thread title.

And since when has she been "plain"?! Pfffft.

So, two Hermione songs for y'all:

"Sweet Child O' Mine"-Guns 'N' Roses (Because she is the boys' pet/security blanket.)

"Killer Queen"-Queen (Because of her commanding presence and also because there's a line in the song about perfume that reminds me of Ron's Christmas present to her in OotP.)

Add me to the Granger Geek list! I would feel underfulfilled if I wasn't on it!
Old 07-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

New Granger Geeks added!

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrceptr350
FINALLY!

A new thread! Thanks for starting it bency! But you might want to edit the opening post because well, you stared it this time. (hint- look at the thank-you's)

I also noticed the lake of fan art that appears in the opening thread compared to some of the other appreciation threads? There's tons of gorgeous pictures out there of so maybe we can remedy this?
I think thank you's are OK, you're the brain of this thread. I just quoted your opening post from the previous thread because you weren't around for a while. I agree, more fan arts would be nice.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by bency
New Granger Geeks added!

I think thank you's are OK, you're the brain of this thread. I just quoted your opening post from the previous thread because you weren't around for a while. I agree, more fan arts would be nice.
Oh! Okay, Thank you!

Never Really thought of myself as the brains of this thread, but thanks just the same!

Airie75- LOL thanks! I burst out laughing when I read that. My mom looked at me like I grew a second head. I had hoped Steve kloves would have written that in the movie cause I would have fallen out of my chair if Emma had said that.

Bless Hermione and her dry wit!

Oh and on the subject of "Hermione songs" I've always thought Just a Girl by No Doubt fits quite nicely.
Team Britney
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top