Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2004, 01:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Come to "The Mountain" board- Nice people and great discussions!

Hey everyone!

I, along with Philosphist, just wanted to invite you to come check out the board for the new hit drama "The Mountain".

We have lots of great people and good times. We really look forward to seeing you there.

From the WB:
Quote:
Boundary Mountain is an escapist playground for wealthy tourists and extreme sports enthusiasts, but to the Carver family, it's home. The Mountain chronicles the larger-than-life saga of the Carvers, whose colorful patriarch, David Carver, Sr. (guest star Chad Everett, Mulholland Drive, Medical Center), founded the town and its internationally famous ski resort after winning the land in a poker game. When this legendary man unexpectedly dies, his choice of an heir sends shockwaves throughout the community.

Free-spirited David Carver, Jr. (Oliver Hudson, Dawson's Creek) left home years ago to pursue his dream of becoming a world-class motocross racer, while his older brother Will (Anson Mount, Tully, Crossroads), diligently attended business school with every expectation of taking over the family empire. No one, least of all the brothers themselves, expected David to inherit Boundary Mountain. David finds himself saddled with a responsibility he never wanted and a brother who rightly feels betrayed. On top of this, he is torn between two women and suddenly immersed in a power struggle with a neighboring family. David just wants to run, until he realizes his grandfather may have had bigger things in mind.
Part of the complicated history that both connects and separates the brothers Carver is Maria Serrano (Alana De La Garza, All My Children). Once David's partner in teenage rebellion and now Will's girlfriend, she is the half Irish/half Mexican daughter of one of Boundary's first employees. As Boundary's director of special events, Maria spends her days with both the hard-working locals and the wealthy jet setters who flock to the resort.

Through the episodes to come, David will begin to reconnect with his mother Gennie (Barbara Hershey, Hannah and Her Sisters, Beaches) and teenage sister Shelly (newcomer Tara Thompson). With the death of her all-powerful father, Gennie may finally allow herself to emerge from 15 years of self-imposed emotional exile. The secrets Gennie carries about her father, her husband, even her own children, will eventually come back to haunt them all. Just like her older brothers, Shelly lives to compete. A champion snowboarder, she appears destined to become the world champion athlete her mother was. A sweet and natural flirt, Shelly is oblivious to the fact that her best friend Sam Tunney (Penn Badgley, Do Over) carries a torch for her.

As they work on their new personal and professional relationship, David and Will also have to deal with the ambitious Colin Dowling (Mitch Pileggi, The X-Files), who has built a real estate empire to rival Donald Trump's. The jewel that has always eluded Colin is Boundary Mountain. Now that the Carver patriarch is gone, Colin feels his opportunity has come, and he will use everything and everyone he can, including his own children, to swallow The Mountain whole.

Colin's daughter Max (Elizabeth Bogush, Titans) is a graduate of Harvard Business School, bright and merciless on the surface, with a deep need to win her father's approval. When Max's parents divorced, her mother got custody, and Max was torn away from her father and brother. Of the two Dowling kids, Max thinks of herself as "the tough one," ready to take whatever life or her father can dish out. However, it is her brother Michael (newcomer Tommy Dewey) who is being groomed by his dad to take over the Dowling empire. Michael is being trained as a corporate shark, and so far, he hasn't been very good at it. Growing up under his father's watchful eye has not been easy, and Michael envies Max as much as she envies him.

Finally, the Carvers have to contend with one of Boundary's shadiest characters, Travis Kurri (Johann Urb, Zoolander). Rumor has it that David Carver, Sr. had a torrid affair with Travis' mother, and shortly after her death, Carver Sr. brought the teenaged Travis back to Boundary. Though Travis is adept at the business side of things, he is sorely lacking when it comes to ethics, morality and character.
David Carver's return to Boundary Mountain uncovers long-buried secrets about his town, his co-workers and even his own family mythology.

A production of Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television Production Inc. Executive producers are McG (The O.C and the Charlie's Angels blockbusters) Stephanie Savage (The O.C.) and Shaun Cassidy (American Gothic). David Barrett (Fast Lane) directed.

Boundary Mountain exteriors were filmed at the Lake Louise Ski Hill in Alberta, Canada. The footage was provided by Travel Alberta. For additional information on skiing in Alberta and to enter a contest to ski Lake Louise click on: www.travelalberta.com/ski.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:07 AM
Elite Fan

oh good idea setting up a newbie "the mountain" thread.

kenny | credit
Old 10-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by @ L L S T @ R
oh good idea setting up a newbie "the mountain" thread.
Well thank you Ken

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Welcome here

I cannot see the Mountain, so I won't be following anytime soon
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 10-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - cris -

I cannot see the Mountain, so I won't be following anytime soon
Oh that's too bad. Why can't you see the show?

Old 10-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

I live in Spain, so they don't show it in here.

If it has lots of popularity maybe we get it this summer, but I don't think we will.
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 10-21-2004, 12:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - cris -
I live in Spain, so they don't show it in here.

If it has lots of popularity maybe we get it this summer, but I don't think we will.
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that, - cris -

Well, even if it's not as popular as it has to be to go international, with McG backing it up, I have a feeling he'll push for it's success as much as possible. We can always hope it'll spread to wider audiences
Old 10-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Hey

I just wanted to let everyone know that "The Mountain" is being moved to Sunday nights at 9 PM EST on the WB. It is switching places with "Jack & Bobby".

Old 10-26-2004, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, even if it's not as popular as it has to be to go international, with McG backing it up, I have a feeling he'll push for it's success as much as possible. We can always hope it'll spread to wider audiences
Yeah, thanks. I don't know...we'll never know how do they decide what to air and what not.

They air the most famous series (for instance Friends, Sex and the City, The Sopranos, CSI, BtVS...) and they usually buy the ones that have good reviews and are claimed by the critics such as Six Feet Under, 24, The West Wing...etc

Then, when they tried luck with Smallville and it was a complete BOOM and everyone wanted to marry Tom Welling, they decided to use the prime-time schedule and they tried buying new series...

But I just don't understand how they decide it. I thought that buying The OC and the popularity it has gotten we could get OTH since it's pretty similar and it's for young people, with beautiful boys and girls and that...but nah. And they haven't been airing much "young tv-series" so...I really don't know.

Wow, that wasn't necesary at all
Old 11-28-2004, 01:07 AM
Absolute Fan

The Mountain board is currently taking a poll on what graphic we would like for our board. We would like anyone who watches the show to participate.

Vote here

Thank you!

Lisa

Old 12-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Absolute Fan

to all you newbies

definatley visit the mountain board! It's a great show! and it's a fun board. it would be great to get more people postin on there, i love posting there everyone's nice and the mods are great!! see ya round

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
Old 12-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Hey! Hope yall check out "The Mountain" board! Its the best message board out there for the show!!!