View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 08:49 PM
-sick jag-
Master Fan

Hey all

Here's another writers' view of this morning's GG conference (I think he and MA were actually in a little war to ask questions, if you read the full article, heh). Anyway, it's not really spoilerish, just interesting (unless you count the news that Paul Anka (the dog) will definitely be back, lol):

Quote:
At one point, one critic asked about the rumor that Graham can't stand working with the dog that plays Lorelai's neurotic pet, Paul Anka. She copped to it (while expressing a deep fondness for the human Paul Anka), and said she'd rather the dog never appear again. One of the few concrete answers Rosenthal gave was that the dog would, sadly, continue.

In the Scrum with Graham afterwards, Graham was asked about the long-standing rumor that she and co-star Scott Patterson (who plays Luke) don't get along, and whether that had anything to do with the decision to break up Luke and Lorelai.

"I can't kill the dog!" she protested. "What power do you think I have? I don't have any kind of influence on the story like that. I think it is one of those Sam and Diane relationships where, if they're together for too long, the show has to end. So that's not true."

Thjere was fierce debate afterwards about whether the "that's not true" was her debunking the rumor about her disliking Patterson, or just her debunking the rumor that because she dislikes Patterson, she asked Amy to split up the two characters. If the latter, it was as artful a non-answer as I've heard on this tour.
And there's more, here

LP