View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 09:41 AM
caf123
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykateo
i liked all of lauren graham's comments.. what ones make you all upset?
I dislike how she says Lorelai acted out of character in being so passive but that the finale still made sense. Because you couldn't have one without the other. And I have trouble respecting next year's storylines because I didn't find the behaviour that led up to them convincing either. They should have persuaded me as a viewer last year, then whether it made me happy or sad, at least I could swallow it better.

But I wouldn't say I'm upset, because storylines are the writers' job not the actors. I do pay more attention to how the actors feel their characters would behave, because it seems like they'd understand the personalities of the parts they play.

~ ~ ~

More TCA tidbits, from Jam! Showbiz:
Quote:
GIRLS TALK:

Lauren Graham says hold on, Gilmore Girls fans. Last year’s finale made perfect sense.

The popular WB drama moves to the new CW this fall and Graham and co-star Alexis Bledel were at that networks’ sessions yesterday. Fans have been burning up the blogs with negative reactions to last season’s cliffhanger, which found Lorelai (Graham) ditching fiance Luke (Scott Patterson) and winding up in bed with ex-hubby Christopher (David Sutcliffe).

“I thought it was great drama,” Graham said after the session. “That’s what people do (in times of conflict, confusion and pain).”

Besides, she told critics, if everything had gone the way the fans wanted it to go, “the show would be over. I would just be calling Rory going, ‘What are you doing tonight?’ ”

As it stands, Graham and Bledel are contracted for one more season. Graham wouldn’t rule out more, saying she wanted to give the production team a fair shot to reinvent the series.

As for the departure of husband-and-wife series creators Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino, it’s all good, said Graham. While she didn’t want it to sound like she was dumping on her old bosses, she said she was looking forward to scripts arriving on time.

“Amy and Dan were last-minute writers,” she said, adding that hefty Gilmore Girls scripts often arrived the night before a shoot.

She also hoped the new writing team, led by executive producer David S. Rosenthal, might lead to a loosening up of the “word perfect” readings, a painstaking process which led to multiple takes.

“It was a point of pride for them,” she said of the Palladino’s read-every-word edict. And while they aren’t the only strict showrunners in Hollywood (Graham also singled out David E. Kelley and Aaron Sorkin), “It made for a really long day.”
click

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.