View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 07:19 AM
Bootie
Total Fan

Thanks for the tour info, Gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni
I'm not sure, but I think that maybe the cotillion lesson was at the Inn, but the actual dance was elswhere.
I'd go with that too - in the sides, tea is set up in the DFI library, and the ballroom was much more formal. It had blue damask wallpaper, a stage, a wooden dance floor in front of the stage, and round tables set up all around the dance floor, with, I think, blue tablecloths and ivory overlay - and a set dresser was up on the stage ironing ivory coloured napkins when we peeked in. As Gen said, there was white organza draped up at the ceiling with white christmas lights. Our tour guide asked a crew member if he knew what it was for. He was a bit gruff and not a wealth of information, said it was a ballroom and didn't know what for - he did say we could take a look at it.

The statuary in front of the TH is new since Tuesday, and the wicker furniture is still on the porch. The crane was there, but the newspaper stand in front of the restaurant is new....hmm. Could be they'll use close up shots of just the TH porch, and the newsstand, and pretend they're in a different town.

Here's a close-up of the sad chuppah - not sure about the woodshavings, but I don't think they're from the chuppah...it's not wood, except for the feet. lol. They're building an Ocean's 13 set in the parking lot next to that, so probably blew over from there.