lorelaisgirl
Loyal Fan

PODCAST SEPTEMBER 15TH, 2006

START 24.19

DM: Daniel Manu
MA: Michael Ausiello
AC: Angel Cohn
MMcD: Maitland McDonagh

DM: Mike, we have, as always, some people wanting to get some Gilmore scoop from you. A lot of people were intrigued by your ‘no comment’ last week, regarding the trip to Paris, that somebody supposedly said Christopher and Lorelai are gonna take. Remember we had a question?
MA: Yes, I do.
DM: And you said ‘no comment’.
MA: Yeah.
DM: And that caused a lot of intrigue out there; do you want to elaborate on your ‘no comment’?
MA: Uhhh, no.
DM: Okay… you should’ve said ‘no comment’.
MA: Can we edit back?
DM: Yeah.
MA: And I’ll just do ‘no comment’.
DM: Let’s edit back.
MA: Let’s start now.
[Silence]
MA: No comment.
DM: Okay.
MA: Now, we’ll just edit that.
AC: I just watched the first episode. Dan, you watched it too right?
DM: Yeah, before we get to that, let’s finish the question(s), then we’ll talk about the first episode in advance and spoil it for everybody.
MMcD: Shut up, Angel.
AC: I’m not gonna spoil it.
DM: Uhm, Mike, someone wants to know if David Sutcliff will be on for longer than 13 episodes this season.
MA: No comment.
DM: Okay…and this is coming from a very dubious source, Katie noticed this on the Internet Movie Database, which you know you can’t trust, unlike our database, she says that Jared Padalecki and Milo are listed as appearing.
MA: Not true.
DM: Not true.
MA: Not true.
DM: So, so folks, please, do not even use IMDb anymore.
MA: Chewbacca is also apparently gonna be in the Gilmore Girls season according to IMDb.
AC: Oh really?
DM: We have an audioclip of Chewbacca and Sookie.
MA: [with a voice that should sound like Sookie’s] “Hi Chewy, [grunting]”
MMcD: Wow, I’m tuning in for that.
DM: I won’t be Sookie-ing that scene if Chewy is in it. So, Angel, let’s tiptoe around spoilers getting into the Gilmore Girls--
MA: What did you think of the premier?
DM: I didn’t like it.
AC: He didn’t like it; I thought it was interesting, but I ended up switching sides on who I liked and who I didn’t like and who I felt sympathy for and not felt sympathy for. And I watched it with a good friend of mine, who was just sitting on my couch crying through the whole thing.
MMcD: Really?
AC: Yeah.
DM: It’s definitely gonna spark a strong reaction among the fans because of some certain events that happen with certain key characters. Definitely.
MA: But I mean, just in terms of the first script post-Palladino did you not feel that Dave Rosenthal did an amazing job?
AC: Oh he did an excellent job.
DM: I thought it was as good as script as you were gonna see, I mean I thought it would have perfectly fit within any other season.
AC: If I didn’t know about this whole controversy and I didn’t know what was going on behind the scenes, I’m not sure, I like --, it was pretty seamless, as far as I--
[phone rings]
MA: Oh for the love of God, can we not put the phones on mute?
DM: People are trying to call you, Mike. That may have been a shot that rhymes.
MMcD: Maybe it’s about that lobsterclaw thing? They’re already on the phone?
MA: If that episode had said ‘Amy Sherman-Palladino’ I wouldn’t have not conferenced [two people talking at the same time doesn’t make this easier. The gist is that if ASP was listed as the writer of the ep, MA hadn’t noticed a difference] about it.
DM: No, I totally agree. But, but it still wasn’t—
MA: It still wasn’t spectacular.
DM: No, it wasn’t spectacular.
MA: There weren’t second thoughts. [????]
DM: It was a good Gilmore Girls script.
MA: That it definitely was.
AC: Yes, yes.
DM: No fan can complain about the fact that the Palladino’s didn’t write this script.
AC: You’re right.
MA: Absolutely right.
AC: Paris, was fantastic. Fantastic.
DM: She needs to, that actress needs to get her own show somewhere. Not the character, but the actress.
AC: Do you think you can take a whole hour of her?
DM/MA: She’s too good for this.

[Then it’s about Liza Weil being engaged to ‘the dude from Prison Break’ (Ausiello’s words, not mine). If you want to hear it, you can listen; I didn’t feel like transcribing it, because it has no real additional value to Gilmore scoop/stuff].
[And then I had to laugh, because someone wrote a letter (or email) and said that Daniel’s laugh ‘might sound like a dying hyena mixed with the second world war bomb siren, but it is quite endearing’.]

END 27.10