View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 10:48 AM
lorelaisgirl
Loyal Fan

CW Launch Party
The Lauren Graham Interview

MA: I’m with Lauren Graham, from Gilmore Girls, one of my favorite people in the entire world.
LG: That’s nice.
MA: Hello. How is it, being with me at this moment?
LG: I am overwhelmed, I’m nervous, I feel like a little girl. I would say it is the most important day of my life. Network – shmetwork, I’m standing here with you.
MA: What did you do last night to commemorate the passing of the WB?
LG: Uhm, well, I put away my Buffy shrine, finally, and I took down my Scott Wolf poster, because he’s on a new show, bye Everwood. And I uh, you know, I made out with the wrestler, because that’s the way you rate the new CW.
MA: Good for you, you’re a team player.
LG: Whatever. I just do what I can, for the, you know, the new people.
MA: So you know, I broke a little news on TVGuide.com to be scow about—
LG: Oh my God, what is it?
MA: Just the actress Lauren Graham appearing on the hottest new show this season, I think it’s called Studio 60?
LG: You, like, live in my kitchen. It’s so weird. I love Studio 60, I’m totally bananas for it, I did, like, a little thing but I play myself. This is my first time playing myself. I’m the best character ever. And uh, I love that show, I love this writing, you know, I have friends on the show and it’s just really, really fun, and I love my show, but I had a great time over there.
MA: So, what’s Lauren Graham like in real life?
LG: God, I couldn’t even begin to tell you, she’s so complex and deep, God, is she deep. No, I do nothing, except, I have a fun scene with Matthew and I introduce Sting, I – oh! Wait, I’m not supposed to say that!
MA: Oh no, that’s great, something exclusive, keep going. What else can’t you say?
[Lauren is bend over, laughing]
MA: No, no, don’t worry about it, we’ll cut that, we’ll cut that.
LG: No, you won’t, I know you, you so won’t!
MA: No, no, no, we will. Okay, so you introduce Sting.
LG: I introduce Bono. Which one is the truth? I introduce Bruce Springsteen; why are all my musical references from the eighties?
MA: So, aren’t you in a scene with Matthew?
LG: Yeah.
MA: Okay. That’s great.
LG: So, now I’m fired from, like, every job I’ve ever had.
MA: [to someone trying to pull Lauren away] okay, they’re backing away. [to Lauren] they’re telling you it’s time to go. [to someone pulling Lauren away] no, no, real quick.
LG: I guess I’m in trouble now.
MA: I have a question about Gilmore Girls. I never had a chance.
LG: Oh, okay, all right, fine. [to the one who was trying to pull her away] It’s okay, I can talk to them.
MA: Are you enjoying the season?
LG: Yes, I am.
MA: A little bit more creative control? Like, can you go in there – I read a story –
LG: You read the Entertainment Weekly.
MA: I read the story, yeah.
LG: He’s there on the day—
MA: “She’s back there writing lines”.
LG: Well, he was there on a particular day, that’s not what happens all the time, but yeah, it’s a little looser, but it’s still – these are amazing writers and, you know, it’s – the scripts are really remaining intact. It’s like once in a while, if something runs long or, you know, whatever, we can move it a little bit more, but I don’t know, is that better or worse? It’s nothing necessarily.
MA: Have you talked to Amy and Dan, recently?
LG: Yes. Well, I – I mean like an email-thing with Amy and, you know, I know about her new pilot, and you know, yeah.
MA: And uh, a big event coming up in November, we can’t really say what it is.
LG: Thanksgiving?
MA: No, not Thanksgiving. A big event in Lorelai’s life, we don’t want to give it away, I happen to know about it, because I know everything.
LG: Her birthday?
MA: No, no, no, can you tease anything about it?
LG: I don’t know what it is! Literally you know things before I know them!
MA: [whispering in Lauren’s ear] She gets married to Christopher.
LG: I don’t know that!
MA: You don’t know about that?
LG: I don’t know about that.
MA: Okay, that’s fine, can you say anything else is coming up?
LG: [Southern Belle accent?????]Suddenly I’ve gone blank, I don’t remember anything.
MA: We’re not gonna give it away.
LG: I certainly didn’t talk about anybody who plays any music. Grrr.
MA: Can you say anything else about what’s coming up?
LG: About the show? No, I don’t even remember it, you know, like, I spend the whole day memorizing things and then I leave and then it’s a little like birds chirping, it’s like there’s nothing there anymore.
MA: But you’re having a good time?
LG: Yes. I’m having a really good time.
MA: Is this gonna be the last season?
LG: I’ve no idea. I’ve honestly no idea. It depends on so many things and I – it’s not up to me and no-one has talked about it one way or the other, I’ve no idea. I will tell you first, you know I will.
MA: You promise?
LG: Yeah.
MA: Okay, Lauren, this has been wonderful.
LG: It’s been really great.
MA: They’re pulling you away now, so, bye.
LG: Bye!