View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 01:02 PM
lorelaisgirl
Loyal Fan

CW Launch Party
The Matt Czuchry Interview

MA: With Matt Czuchry from Gilmore Girls, and, you know, we go way back.
MC: Yeah.
MA: I feel like I’m partly responsible for—
MC: -- my career, yeah! Yeah, my first TV Guide cover, my first cover ever, thanks to the warp this guy has given the show, so I’m very, very grateful and I’ll always remember that.
MA: Have you framed it yet? You put it up on your wall?
MC: I don’t, but I went to a wedding with some of my friends from Tennessee, some buddies and one of my childhood friends, was like “hey man, I got your TV Guide in plastic, I got your Seventeen magazine in plastic”, so I have some friends who got it in plastic back home, but you know, I don’t have it framed. My parents definitely have it out, you know, like, in a proper place, so it’s definitely something I’ll always remember. I’m very, very grateful to you. You’re a huge fan of the show and that’s always very much appreciated.
MA: So, last time we spoke back at press tour, you said you were gonna get in touch with Amy and Dan, just to say ‘hi’, has that happened?
MC: No, I have not talked to Amy and Dan. I haven’t talked to them, they’re definitely, you know, I wanna, I asked like, how’s--- and people have been talking to them, and I think I’m gonna give them a little bit more time. I think another month. Maybe after the network launches and the show’s on and stuff like that. But like I said to you there, they’re- they’ll always be in my life, they are mentors to me. I mean our huge reason we’re, in fact, the reason I’m here tonight, so … and I’ve learned so many skills and have had the opportunities that I’ve had, because of their mentoring and guidance, so they’re always gonna be in my life, with every audition I have and every movie, with everything I do, they’re the things, their talk that will run through me, so they’ll always be in my life and I think, I think I give it a month after the show comes on and then we’ll see.
MA: How are Rory and Logan dealing with this long distance thing? Is it working?
MC: It’s difficult, it’s very, very difficult, you know, uh, it goes well. I think every long distance relationship, you have these farce goes really well and then you have these times, especially over the phone, you don’t know what’s going on. You can’t see the other person’s face, you don’t know how they’re acting, she could be having a party or something, basically could be just friends, but you interpret that over the phone as her boyfriend as like ‘what’s going on over there’. So, there’s a lot of that in a long distance relationship, which is difficult with the obstacles and uhm, I think people who are in college, and kids who definitely had those experiences, where one person is in a different place in their lives. Which is happening with Logan, he’s going out and discovering himself with the business and Rory’s in college discovering new friends. They’re kind of into different places in their life, so there’s some obstacles going on with that, but Logan is gonna come back and ensure that nobody takes his girl away, so there you go.
MA: Have they had that reunion yet?
MC: He uh, we uh, we’re uh, he uh, he comes back, he comes back, he comes back, and you know, he definitely is aware of things; he doesn’t wanna lose this girl. He knows how special she is, so we’ll see if the distance is gonna cause too much problems, but he’s aware, he loves this girl.
MA: I love the rocket ship thing in the first episode.
MC: Oh, that was cool, right? That was very, very cool. It was great, great episode, very well written and it’s gonna be a good season, so yeah.
MA: All right man, have fun tonight.
MC: I will!