View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 12:37 PM
lorelaisgirl
Loyal Fan

It took a while, but here we go, the podcast of last Friday.

PODCAST OCTOBER 6TH, 2006

DM = Daniel Manu
MA = Michael Ausiello
AC = Angel Cohn
MMcD = Maitland McDonagh

Start 17.42

DM: Gilmore Girls, I have to say this week, 2nd episode, I thought it was fantastic. I thought it was really really perfectly written, on point with the characters. I loved the stuff with Luke and his sister and his brother-in-law. I thought that whole scene was just, just ---
MA: Mhm. You’re joking.
AC: Really?
DM: No, I really liked it.
AC: Really? ‘CuzI almost Sookie-ed through anything with the brother.
DM: I felt it was a lot being unsaid there and I liked seeing Luke, he’s just comfortable being around them, he’s not really needs to say what on his mind.
MA: I agree, but I thought it didn’t need to go on for as long as it did.
DM: I kind of liked—it was very relaxing and I kind of understand Luke being soothed by it, because he’s in a lot of emotional turmoil, maybe I’m sympathetic to Luke.
MA: Let’s give props to the show for actually going to a real supermarket to shoot that scene.
AC: Yes.
MA: And not putting up like two shelves with some Sanca on it.
DM: You know what---
MMcD: Oh you mean like the supermarkets in my neighborhood.
[They all talk at the same time, doesn’t sound important]
DM: You know, I have to say I’m all very pro-big buck store, I hate all this you know, neighborhood mom ‘n pap stuff, I’d never go to Doose’s if I had a real supermarket within driving distance. You’ve gotta be kidding me, you know, you’ve gotta be kidding me. I wouldn’t want to know the name of the person who owns the place I buy groceries. I just like […]
AC: That’s so weird. I think that’s just you.
DM: No, I just want quality professional service.
MA: I don’t wanna go to any grocery store where when I’m walking around, there are half-drunken cans of soda with straws in them just laying around on shelves. One supermarket over in my neighborhood does that. Half-eaten, like, bonbons laying out---
MMcD: I mean, let’s not forget the open trap doors. Those are my favorite parts.
DM: That’s not good.
AC: I mean I liked, I mean some of it I thought was really good, but I definitely, I don’t know, I wasn’t in love with them, even with the brother-in-law. It kind of I felt went on a little long and it was a little, I don’t know.
MA: I was glad that Lorelai had her little breakdown over Luke at the end.
AC: Yes, that was very—and---
MA: And what did you think of Sandra Oh? That was funny, the picture of Sandra Oh.
AC: The whole, like, Lorelai’s version of Asia---
MA: “And why Sandra Oh?” “She’s a goddess.”
AC: The whole, like, Lorelai’s version of Asia with the Hello Kitty’s everywhere was really really funny. And Lane, I thought was very cute too, with the whole pregnancy and not liking sex, and like I thought that---
MA: Right. The one time she has sex, she gets pregnant.
AC: She gets pregnant and sand in her butt.
DM: I actually thought that’s, that was actually very pointed as almost dark, you know, there’s something kind of sad there, you know.
AC: Yeah, it was a little sad.
MA: And I always thought that you couldn’t get pregnant the first time you had sex.
AC: Really?
MA: That’s what I was taught.
AC: Yeah.
DM: Angel did.
AC: Pretty much.
MMcD: You know, Coca Cola is a very good preventative too. Just you know, so you know.
AC: And don’t believe the rhythm method of it either.
MMc: That’s right. […]
DM: Don’t be a racist, Angel, don’t be a racist now. Come on.
AC: How is that racist?
DM: Well, you wanna say something about who has rhythm. I know how your mind works.
AC: What?
DM: I know how your mind works, Angel.
MA: What’s in the bag?
DM: What’s in the bag that Angel has?
AC: Some sugar-free black cherry halls. Do you want some?
DM: What a very specific flavor. It used to be, you know, just ‘halls’.
MA: That’s Angel’s way of saying “I was sick, but I showed up for work anyway”.
[DM and AC talk at the same time]
MA: Remember that time when she came in with the drip? The intravenous drip? The IV?
MMcD: But she tucked it away very neatly, under her sweater, you know, so.
DM: Uhm, couple of letters more on this whole Luke versus Lorelai thing. Vicky wants to know “can you explain why a dead-beat father Christopher is at all likeable? I don’t understand why anyone does. This has nothing to do with Luke and Lorelai, it’s just how he treated Rory all her life.” Meh, semi-fair point there. I mean Rory didn’t seem too pleased by the fact that her biological parents hooked up.
AC: No.
DM: And uh, Kathryn, who has written us before says she thinks that “Lorelai dealt with the Luke-situation really badly. Just because he wasn’t opening up to her, doesn’t give her the right to confront him, dump him and sleep with the person who would hurt him the most all in one night.”
MMcD: Why not?
DM: Well, it was a busy night for her, for Lorelai. She got a lot of things done.
AC: I did like Rory’s point on, like, uhm, “so how, when did you sleep with dad?”
MA: I feel like Rory was saying everything that the fans where saying on the message boards.
AC: Right. Exactly, like ‘when did this come up?’
DM: And Mike, there was some concern about the ratings for Gilmore last week, is it sort of stabilizing this week? What’s going on?
MA: Well, actually it creaked up.
AC: Oh.
MA: It did better this week.
DM: So maybe the word to mouth was pretty good for them.
MA: Maybe, I mean that’s gotta be encouraging for them, you know, that everyone tuned in the first episode and then didn’t all tune out. That would be really bad. But um, it’s not doing as well as it did last year, but also it wasn’t going up against ‘dancing with the stars’ last year.

And remember, errare humanum est. please, PM mistakes.