lorelaisgirl
Loyal Fan

TV GUIDE PODCAST OCTOBER 13TH, 2006

DM: Daniel Manu
MA: Michael Ausiello
AC: Angel Cohn
MMcD: Maitland McDonagh
START 39.51

DM: Well, another Everwood alumnus, Rina the former showrunner for Everwood, wrote this weeks Gilmore Girls.
MA: Yes.
DM: Which is the first time this season, and we saw the Gilmore parents on the show. What did you think of the episode, Mike?
MA: I--- I liked it. Uhm, there were couple things that I thought didn’t really work, but overall I thought Rina did a really good job with the parents. I loved the interaction between Lorelai and the sort of the robot-prodigy.
AC: Yeah.
MA: Like the stuff where she’s like “Mrs Gilmore warned me that your humor was witty” or something like that, something you never hear come out of a 9-year-olds mouth.
AC: Yeah.
DM: That was cute, that was cute stuff.
MA: But I felt like some cases they took the Emily-stuff a little too far, like she was a little too mean.
AC: When --- with the ice.
MA: With the ice, I felt like that --- I don’t know if Emily would go there and I also felt like the way she was sort of snappy with Sookie --- like sometimes she’s --- I felt like she’s more subtle than that.
DM: Right, right. The Sookie --- I think the snappy with Sookie came a little bit --- that was a little too harsh for that character.
MA: Yeah.
AC: You watched the scene with Sookie?
DM: Yeah, because other characters who are important to the show were in it, unlike Sookie.
You know what I mean? That’s why, that’s why it was worth watching.
AC: Okay. Fair enough. Just checking. But I also had the same thing with Lost that, you know, you were saying that you were having with us, like nothing really happened in that episode until the very end.
DM: With Christopher.
MA: With Christopher.
AC: With Christopher, yeah.
DM: Well there were some developments with Logan, I think. A little more insight in their long distance relationship, etcetera. And uh---
MA: They talked dirty to each other.
AC: They talked dirty to each other. But not actually on the phone.
MA: Could you imagine if we actually heard them talk dirty to each other?
AC: I would have laughed hysterically.
MA: That would have been fun.
DM: I bet it would be very intellectual.
MA: What would Rory have said?
DM: Some, some --- she would have probably done some reference to some obscure literary thing. Like, I don’t think that girl is like, really a dirty talker.
MA: Uhuh.
DM: That’s just my vibe. The vibe I get.
AC: But Lorelai.
DM: Lorelai is definitely a street urgent, practically.
MA: Was that a bootie call? At the end? When she called Christopher? I mean, it’s late at night, she’s on her bed, was she just horned up?
AC: Probably.
DM: Or maybe she wants to have more of a committed relationship with him perhaps?
MA: I don’t know.
DM: I don’t know.
MA: Well, obviously we’re lead to believe that she’s that taking the first step here, or actually the second step. He took the first step in like rekindling something.
DM: Well, she took the first step by banging him. That was step one.
MA: Okay that was step one. Step two was when he came in and said “I love you, let’s do this”.
DM: Yeah.
MA: So third step.
AC: But I, you know, I really liked Christopher in this episode.
MA: Well, you only saw him for thirty seconds.
AC: Yeah. I was just like kind of rooting for him, like “oh, that’s nice that he stepped up” and---
MA: I feel like it’s a little too soon.
DM: For what?
MA: For Lorelai to be calling Christopher.
DM: Because she just broke up with Luke.
MA: Yes.
DM: Who she had been pining for for years and years and years.
MA: Yes. I feel like I needed--- like, this next episode I think we’re gonna jump. Like the whole summer will have passed when the next episode starts.
DM: Mhmm.
MA: I would have preferred her make that phone call then.
DM: Next.
AC: Yeah. I can see that.
DM: And I like the little subtlety that Luke changed his hat.
MA: Yeah, that’s great.
DM: Because Lorelai had given him that previous hat.
AC: And I liked that Rory was the only one that noticed.
DM: Rory, yeah.
MA: And I thought it was hysterical the Lane and Zach thing, where they’re hugging each other, because they’re both exited about the fact that they can't stand that she’s pregnant.
AC: “This baby sucks”.
MA: Which really sets up next week’s abortion episode. Oh wait, spoiler alert. It will be quick and you don’t see much.
DM: Much? Are we talking about the episode or the abortion?
AC: Ohhhh.
DM: Anyhoo, that’s --- there’s nothing funny about that.
MA: No. There’s not.
DM: There’s not at all.
MA: I was actually kidding.
DM: Yeah. There’s nothing funny about that.
MA: Except we don’t actually see the abortion.
DM: A listener named Lauren, I mean Eleanor, wrote a letter about Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. Uhm, she thinks “Lauren Graham has really grown of the show, her dramatic moments are so real and believable, and yet, when Alexis is supposed to have a breakdown and dramatic moment, I’m always annoyed with how unbelievable she is. I think she’s an adorable person, but at this point in the show I just don’t think that her beautiful blue eyes are enough. I feel like I’m in a bad high school musical, and I find her dreadfully annoying.” A little harsh there, Mike.
MA: Totally harsh. Although, one thing I will admit is that Alexis isn’t at her best when she’s doing breakdown scenes. Emotional breakdown scenes.
AC: She’s more witty, funny.
MA: but I actually think that she has matured as an actress. I think she’s kind gotten better. At the beginning it was a little rigidly, but---
DM: She’s definitely gotten cuter. I’ll tell you that much.
AC: Well, you know, that’s the important part.
DM: Well, I mean it’s a visual medium. That’s all I’m saying.

END 44.18

And remember, errare humanum est. (I'm not really sure about that sentence where they talk about Lorelai talking dirty)

Last edited by lorelaisgirl; 10-13-2006 at 12:22 PM