View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 10:05 PM
caf123
Master Fan

Ausiello is up:

Quote:
Question: Can I please have some more Gilmore Girls scoop?— Alli

Ausiello:
It's slim pickings, my dear. All I have for you is... wait, what's this? An exclusive interview with show-runner David Rosenthal, in which he discusses the fallout from last night's controversial Lorelai-Christopher nuptials, among other things? How could I possibly have forgotten?

I'm assuming it's not going to be smooth sailing for the newlyweds, right?
David Rosenthal: It's one thing to go off on this romantic weekend and get married; it's another thing to actually come back and deal with the reality of being married. Lorelai's never lived with anyone. They've never really lived together. This marriage puts a lot of pressure on them both. That's the big theme for the latter half of the season for Lorelai and Chris, and for Rory. She's facing graduation and her future, and she's always thought, "Oh, I'm going to be a journalist." Rory's going to open herself up to the possibility that there are other options out there for her.

Rory's going to embark on a new career?
Rosenthal:
She's never really considered anything else; now she's willing to consider everything else. And there's the other issue of Logan being back in New York. There are opportunities that could pull her away from Logan. Suddenly, it's no longer a college relationship. It's two people out in the world, so the stakes become higher.

How will Logan's return impact Rory in the short term?
Rosenthal:
It will kind of rev up their relationship in good and bad ways. We're going to see their relationship deepen and complicate in many ways.

Will Rory find herself torn between Marty and Logan?
Rosenthal:
No. Marty's feelings for Rory will really be the issue; it's not reciprocated. The man is still holding a torch. It's something he just can't seem to let go of, and it'll definitely cause problems. But there's nothing on Rory's end. It's not her thing — it's his thing.

Back to Lorelai and Christopher, fans are speculating that their marriage is going to be short-lived since David Sutcliffe is allegedly only going to be around for a handful of episodes during the second half of the season. And from that, they're deducing that Lorelai will be back together with Luke by February. Your thoughts?
Rosenthal:
I'm gonna say, "No comment."
[I don't know about you guys, but that "no comment" spoke volumes to me.]

Question: I heard that Rory gets mad at Lorelai about eloping.— Erin

Ausiello:
Actually, I hear Rory takes the news surprisingly well. Luke, on the other hand, finds out when he spots the ring on Lor's finger. That's gotta hurt.

Question: You never talk about Gilmore Girls anymore! What gives?— Candace

Ausiello:
I'm inclined to think I more than made up for it this week, Candy. But here's another extra spoilery tidbit, you ungrateful brat: A somewhat reliable Stars Hollow mole tells me that Episode 13 marks a major turning point in the Luke/Lorelai/Christopher triangle. Apparently, Luke and Christopher choose to deal with Richard's health crisis in very different ways: Luke chooses to run around helping Emily, while Christopher chooses to go off and sulk about a bad fight he had with Lorelai. Cue the inevitable Lorelai epiphany.

Question: Will Everwood's Rina Mimoun be writing for Gilmore Girls again, or was that just a one-time thing? Her "Cotillion" episode was fantastic.— Foulkdub

Ausiello:
Let's ask Rina! "Sadly, I won't be writing anymore Gilmore episodes any time soon. My development is taking up most of my writing time these days. Possibly in the later half of the season I may try to do one more. Your column is still my fave!" Was it tacky of me to include that last sentence? I'm kinda on the fence.

Question: Your landmark AA column had me thinking: The 150th episode of Gilmore Girls is coming up this season. Any scoop on what it might be about?— Callie

Ausiello:
I'm told it'll be just a regular episode. Warner Bros. doesn't really celebrate 150, just 100 and 200. Or, in the case of ER, 900.

Question: I'm sure you noticed that on last Tuesday's Gilmore Girls, "Yale" was really USC. You should have flown out to show Chris and Lor around campus!— Elizabeth, USC '00

Ausiello:
Think they'll still be there on Saturday for the USC-Cal game? 'Cause I will! Fight on, USC! Beat the Golden Bears!

Click

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.

Last edited by caf123; 11-14-2006 at 10:20 PM