View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Kelly_mv
Elite Fan

Milo Interview by Terry Morrow:

Co-star not worried about characters' life expectancy
By TERRY MORROW
March 24, 2006

Milo Ventimiglia has a sense of humor about his role in "Stay Alive." "Basically I'm the Drew Barrymore of this movie," he says with a laugh during a phone interview.

Barrymore was featured in a stunning albeit not-so-pivotal role in "Scream." Sure, she wasn't all that important to the plot, but her scene was memorable.

It's not like Ventimiglia doesn't know the horror-movie drill by now. He also had an unfortunate demise in Wes Craven's 2004 thriller "Cursed." Someday, maybe, he'll even get to live until the closing credits. But his characters' unkind fates don't deter him from working in the genre.

"If it is a cool film, if you work with people that you like, then that's more important. That's what makes the experience for me," says the actor best known for his role as Jess on WB's "Gilmore Girls."

"
Spoiler:
"

At least "Stay Alive" isn't the end of Ventimiglia's big-screen career. He just wrapped up work on the new "Rocky" film, in which he plays Sylvester Stallone's son. The film could be out by the end of the year.

On the tube, he can be seen in "The Bedford Diaries," a WB drama from "Oz" creator Tom Fontana. "Diaries" debuts at the end of the month. He's also working on an NBC pilot called "Heroes," in which he'll have superpowers.

For "Stay Alive," "I got to do a little wire work, play dead and scream," he says, then adds: "I guess it was pretty cool."

Last edited by Kelly_mv; 04-16-2006 at 09:24 PM