Elite Fan

ELLEgirl Magazine

Issue: April, 2006

Picture: HERE.
Thanks to Darcy for hosting it

Interview:

OUR NEW CRUSHES
The Guys On The Bedford Diaries

Just when primetime was getting boring, the WB's new series The Bedford Diaries is here to save you from another night of unnecessary eBaying. Revolving around a college human-sexuality class, Bedford's about what students do between the partying and the studying: knock boots.

Penn Badgley, 19, plays naive but studly freshman Owen. On the show, you'll see him with a head full of curls, but after shooting wrapped, he shaved them all off: "It was such a pain. I had to put product in my hair at several points in the day- and worry about humidity." (Word.)

Ernest Waddell, 20, plays Lee, a working-class guy from Queens studying drama, with a girlfriend back home. "I like that I'm a black male who is not portraying a basketball player or a rapper," says Ernest of his character.

And Milo Ventimiglia, 28, is Richard, an emotionally-out-of-order Park Avenue bad boy. "He's a good person," explains Milo. "But because he's grown up with money, and the drinking and the drugs that he did, people treat him a certain way, so it keeps his defences up." Hmmm, Richard sounds like what some girls call a "project."

Bedford may be the raciest thing on the WB since Joey and Pacey did it on Dawson's Creek (dude, Dawson was pissed!). Tune in and get a glimpse of college life. But, just as a disclaimer, we at ELLEgirl think studying should be your #1 priority. Ahem... yeah.

-AI