Kelly_mv
Elite Fan

March 26, 2006

The Insider interview from BostonHerald.com

Interview:

The Insider: Milo Ventimiglia
By Amy Amatangelo

Name: Milo Ventimiglia

Character: Bad boy Richard Thorne on "The Bedford Diaries" (premiering Wednesday at 9 p.m. on WLVI, Ch. 56).

Hometown: Anaheim, Calif.

Love life: Ventimiglia dates his former "Gilmore Girls" co-star Alexis Bledel.

Where you've seen him before: Ventimiglia was Jess on "Gilmore Girls" and Chris on "American Dreams." He also had guest spots on "Boston Public" and "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit."

Where you'll see him soon: Ventimiglia is filming the next "Rocky" movie, in which he plays Sylvester Stallone's son.

Fun fact: When he was first starting out as an extra in a Dr. Pepper commercial, an agent encouraged him to change his last name to "Venti." He refused.

On his character: "I realized he's a bit of a lost little boy. He comes from a place of privilege growing up. He's more misunderstood and wants to be accepted and actually just fit in... I think he's got a dark side... I think, personally, for me, it's finding that balance where you actually want to do something grander that just, like, 'Oh, he's the diabolical kid or he's just trying to pick on one person.' So, yeah, I think he's done some things that anybody else could perceive as rotten. But at the same time I think he tries - he tries real hard to do the right thing and the good thing as much as anybody else."

Where you'll see him in five years: Headlining the new "Rocky" franchise.