View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 04:30 PM
heart packed in ice
Fan Forum Hero

I transcribed the podcast. I wasn't sure of some of the things but I think it is pretty much what she said. I am so effing excited about this! And how AWESOME is Joy when it comes to giving advice? Also, her little byyyeee guys and when she speaks Italian! Aww! I loved when she said "beautiful north west weather." She sounded so cute!

Bethany Joy's first podcast:

Quote:
Hey hey hey everybody! This is Bethany Joy and um I’m welcoming you to my website. It’s so exciting! Thanks for coming and checking it out. Well my husband and I are camping out in LA for a while right now before we get to go back home to Washington and just spend time in our house there and our family and friends and it’s kinda relaxing in the beautiful north-west weather. And right now I’m just kinda hanging out, going on auditions, writing, babysitting my friends’ kids that kind of stuff. So we are all having a really good time. And let’s see I guess I wanted to answer some questions that you guys sent to the website a while ago. I know you have been waiting for that so here we go.

Diane Maria from the UK asks:
“Who or what would you say has been your greatest inspiration when it comes to your music?”

Well, I have a lot of artists inspirations like Billy Joel and Patty Griffin and you know, Carol King and James Taylor and uh Elton John. A lot of kind of Old School artists although Patty Griffin is pretty recent. But mostly I just get inspired by what is happening in my life and all kinds of music that inspires me and I want to write something that is similar to that. That is usually what I get into. But I feel my inspirations are kind of changing a little bit right now so we’ll see what comes from that.

Rachel from New York says:
Hi Bethany! I’m a huge fan, absolutely love the song Safe and John&Jr and I was wondering if you had plans to put any of those songs on CD or available for fans to hear?

Safe I haven’t sung since that night since I sang it at the Hard Rock Café but John&Jr I definitely would like to record at some point. It’s not gonna be on this album but it’s still sitting on my iTunes you know, waiting to be officially recorded so you just have to wait a little bit. Aspettare, that is how you say wait in Italian, aspettare. Okay, I’m learning Italian so.

Samantha Noon/Noun(sp?) from Brooklyn says:
“I would like to know why you always wear that pinky ring all the time? I noticed it in all your photoshoots and One Tree…oh One Tree aid, One Tree Hill and I just wanna know if this is a special gift from another cast member on the show or a family member or just something you think looks cool?”

Well Samantha, I wear that ring, it’s very personal to me but I can tell you that it’s from a really, really close friend of mine at a really pivotal moment in my life and it’s a reminder of who I am and to sort of never loose sigh of that so I carry that around with me. Let’s see, we got a couple more here.

Erica Love/Lowe from California says:

“Hey Bethany! I was wondering what it’s like to be married in real life?”

It’s great Erica! It’s really great you know it’s hard work but we are having a lot of fun and you know we just really enjoy each other and we laugh a lot and Michael is an amazing, amazing man so it’s great! Hard work but great.

Jill from Philly asks:
“Do you have any advice for a girl who wants to be an inspiring musician and wants to pursue a music career? What would you say to her?”

I think I’d probably would just tell her that music is something that is in you which you probably already know and just know that even if the career doesn’t take off you can still touch with your music. I mean, even if you’re, you know, working a job at Starbucks or you know, working a desk job, you can still touch people with your music in a lot of different ways, you just sort of have to figure out where you’re supposed to be. So don’t pursue it just for the sake of having a music career because that’s really tough but if you feel like you are supposed to be there and you have a passion for it then pursue it with no expectations and just enjoy the blessings and what you read from that. I would say just you know, figure out what you wanna do and then figure out a way to make money off of it. That’s something that my mom told me so I kind of hold on to that.

Let’s see, we’ve got Laura …? from Alabama. She’s asking:
“I’ve been a fan of yours for a while and I was wondering which skin care you use?”

I kinda bounce back and forth. Right now I’m using a skin care line called Jurlique, J U R L I Q U E. I really love it it’s really gentle on your skin and I also use Lamere for a little while but it’s, there’s something in the process how they make it that is difficult for some skin so I think my skin got a little sensitive for a while. I pretty much just make sure I take care of my skin. I get facials once a month and you know, wash my face before I go to bed and in the morning and pretty basic routines.

Amy Pea from Arlington Texas.
Hey Amy from Arlington! You know I grew up in Arlington, I lived there for about four years in Texas. That’s awesome. If you ever drive by CATS, Creative Arts Theatre School you gotta pop in and say hi for me. They got great little theatre shows going on. I used to go there when I was a kid and take dance tap classes and dance classes and acting classes and do all the theatre programs and it was really fun.

“What is your idea of a relaxing day?”

Ah! Well Amy, I pretty much like to do nothing because I’m busy a lot so I just like to hang and watch movies or cook. I really love to bake. I just kinda check my email, hang out, not really do too much. Just enjoy what the day has, not really plan anything. I guess that is kinda the point of a relaxing day, huh? No plans. So there you go, there are some of those questions that you guys have asked. If you have questions of your own, be sure to visit bethanyjoymusic.com and put your questions in and they’ll send them over to me and I’ll sort through them and pick out the ones I wanna answer and check back for the next podcast which should be probably in a few weeks and in the meantime, here is a clip from Never Gonna Be (C’mon C’mon) which I think will be my first single off the album which is currently due in October. So keep your eyes and ears peeled and thank you guys so much for your support and your constant loyalty. It’s just been such an amazing blessing to me and I’m really excited to be able to share the music with you guys and what I have been working on. So have a great rest of your week and I will talk to you soon. Okay, bye guys!