Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

You'll never get that time back - the CRAP MOVIE thread #2(NO LISTS)

Don't just list the movie - if we get lists, I'll close the thread. Tell us WHY you didn't like it. Also, no bashing or criticizing posters just because they didn't like a movie you did, or vice versa. This is supposed to be a place of discussion and everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Shrr, I brought over your rule to remind people Continue on, please

Heres my last post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutfan05
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen and Master of Disguise were both horrible. I couldn't stand it, i hated both sooo much. They were horribly acted and written, it was just a complete waste of my time.
Oh good lord, I hated Confessions as well. I cant say that I hate Lindsay's acting though because I did enjoy her in Mean girls and The Parent Trap but Confessions and Freaky Friday were horrible. I never seen Master of Disguise, and I dont think I ever will. My little cousin use to annoy me by shouting out "turtle turtle" all the time.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:03 AM
Elite Fan

The last "crappy" movie I saw was "Where the truth lies" but here's the thing, I watched only 15 minutes of it. Maybe the rest wasn't so blah..
Old 05-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wedding Bell Blues.

I watched it over ten years ago and I'm still bitter. It's a movie about three girls who go to Vegas with different agendas. One wants to get a quicky abortion somewhere out of their small town. The other is about to get married and she's either never had an orgasm or she just wants to make sure she's good in bed or something. And the last one is there to be the driver essentially. There may something in there about how they want to get a quicky marriage to appease conservative families or something...

I don't remember and I don't care. The story was aweful. It was filled with actors who play B-parts on soaps or even commercials. It was utterly predictable. And the scene where the girl is screwing a cowboy in every stall in the stable until (wouldn't you just know it) she gets that longed-for orgasm in the very last stall??? I could've lived without that. It was just not good.

Trainspotting.

The movie may be good, but it's not my cup of tea. And it was a blind date, that's why I was there. And the guy stood me up. So, yeah...
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Extreme Fan

LMAO. I remember WBB. Not a good movie but too innocuous for hatred. John Corbett was the cowboy, right? Hee. God it's been a long time.

And I think that at least one of the girls was there to get married and divorced because at her age it was better to be divorced than single so she planned to marry the first guy she saw and divorce him in as quick a time... and I really can't remember how any of it turned out.

I bought Me You and Everyone We Know because it was on sale and had won lots of awards. Man that movie was odd. It starts out with John Hawkes lighting his hand on fire and doesn't get any less weird as the movie goes on. I couldn't stop watching because it was odd but I wasn't nominating it for any awards. Since then 3 seperate people have told me how the movie changed their lives. Good for them. I offered to give them my DVD but they didn't take me up on it.
bybrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybrandy

I bought Me You and Everyone We Know because it was on sale and had won lots of awards. Man that movie was odd. It starts out with John Hawkes lighting his hand on fire and doesn't get any less weird as the movie goes on. I couldn't stop watching because it was odd but I wasn't nominating it for any awards. Since then 3 seperate people have told me how the movie changed their lives. Good for them. I offered to give them my DVD but they didn't take me up on it.
I rented that movie as well not too long ago and had the same feelings while watching. The parts with the little boy online and the neighbor posting those perverted notes on the side of his building was just creepy. Not to mention that all the actors seemed so bland and lifeless.

Cassiel: If you'd known this was going to happen, would you have done it?
Seth: I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. ONE.
- City of Angels
Clewless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Cabin boy was the most pointless two hours of my life. Tom Cruise's War of the World was in a crappy class of it's own...
Old 05-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

*wipes tears away*

Movies to never see:
Wedding Bell Blues
Where the Truth Lies
Me, You and Eveyone We Know
Check!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I dont think I will ever seen..War of the World . It didnt catch my interest at all plus Ive heard some pretty bad comments about it, even coming from my dad and he is a good judgement of movies.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
*wipes tears away*

Movies to never see:
Wedding Bell Blues
Where the Truth Lies
Me, You and Eveyone We Know
Check!
Still gonna check out Failure to Launch eh?

I would say another crappy movie was 2 Fast 2 Furious. There is this trend going on that any sequel that is based on a movie that starred Vin Diesel bombs...literally
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Batman Forever - It really felt like it too.

Air Force One - It was a reunion with friends, and we wasted it watching it. Well, my friends liked it.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Elite Fan

Bewitched - Totally changed the way I viewed Nicole Kidman as a talented actress. :snor:

Legally Blonde 2 - Reese should have boycoted this movie. It was aweful.
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

I have to agree with 2 Fast 2 Furious, I didn't actually want to see that film but was outvoted by my friends I hadn't seen the first one, but went to see it anyways and it was the first film ever that I regretted going to see..just sucked, I don't even know what the plotline was

War of the Worlds had a really crappy ending, I'm guessing that they spent so much money on those robot things that they forgot about the ending and completely rushed. Aldo how the hell did the kid survive?? he went off running towards the robots/aliens and survived...I just found that a sugar coated ending, I thought he was going to die, which I thought was fitting but no he has to go and live..

I really didn't like the American Pie movies, just wasn't appealing to me

I didn't like Triple X either, *shrugs* the jumping off of bridges was cool, but the rest was just blah for me
Old 05-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
LMAO. I remember WBB. Not a good movie but too innocuous for hatred. John Corbett was the cowboy, right? Hee. God it's been a long time.

And I think that at least one of the girls was there to get married and divorced because at her age it was better to be divorced than single so she planned to marry the first guy she saw and divorce him in as quick a time... and I really can't remember how any of it turned out.
Oh I agree, it's innocuous. It's the fact that I was forced to watch it (my mum rented it and was convinced that it was going to become good any second now...) that has me bitter to this day.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr
my mum rented it and was convinced that it was going to become good any second now...)
LMAO. That's how I finished the movie. I kept thinking something had to happen in the movie that woudl make it worth my time. Nothing did, really. Just bad.

I almost never stop movies because I think they'll improve. They usually don't.

I also can't get up at the movie theaters because if the movie is good, I don't want to miss anything and if the movie is bad I'm worried that I'll miss the one thing that makes the movie worth watching.

Other movies.

Ghost Dad. The previews for the movie were really funny (at least in my head, I was really young) but the movie was terrible and the only funny parts I'd already seen a thousand times in the previews.

But we went on a day with really terrible thuderstorms (I think the whole reason we went to the movies was either because our power was out or we were out someplace and the rain was too bad to drive) and the movie was REALLY bad and my mom and I were the only ones there and the whole time I'm thinking wow braving the weather might be better than this.

But when Bill Cosby dies he urinates and at the exact moment that it happens a portion of the ceiling loses its battle against the tunderstorm and all this water that had accumulated on the roof floods down into the theater. It happens at the exact moment and I'm thinking, "Wow the surround sound in this theater is amazing" and then I look to my left there is a waterfall coming into the theater.

It was so funy, and we got a book of free ticket vouchers each. Other than that, the movie forgettable.
bybrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
LMAO. That's how I finished the movie. I kept thinking something had to happen in the movie that woudl make it worth my time. Nothing did, really. Just bad.

I almost never stop movies because I think they'll improve. They usually don't.

I also can't get up at the movie theaters because if the movie is good, I don't want to miss anything and if the movie is bad I'm worried that I'll miss the one thing that makes the movie worth watching.

Other movies.

Ghost Dad. The previews for the movie were really funny (at least in my head, I was really young) but the movie was terrible and the only funny parts I'd already seen a thousand times in the previews.

But we went on a day with really terrible thuderstorms (I think the whole reason we went to the movies was either because our power was out or we were out someplace and the rain was too bad to drive) and the movie was REALLY bad and my mom and I were the only ones there and the whole time I'm thinking wow braving the weather might be better than this.

But when Bill Cosby dies he urinates and at the exact moment that it happens a portion of the ceiling loses its battle against the tunderstorm and all this water that had accumulated on the roof floods down into the theater. It happens at the exact moment and I'm thinking, "Wow the surround sound in this theater is amazing" and then I look to my left there is a waterfall coming into the theater.

It was so funy, and we got a book of free ticket vouchers each. Other than that, the movie forgettable.

Well, WBB was a movie rental, so no such luck for us... But that's hilarious.

I do the same thing at movie theatres. I actually start the whole thing about an hour to an hour and a half before the movie. I don't eat or drink just to make sure I won't have to go during the movie...

I used to work at a Blockbuster and we got 10 free rentals a week and we also got to watch the new releases before they were officially released (because, at that point, we weren't allowed to rent them for the first three weeks, but we also had to form an opinion because customers will ask for them). Anyway, the point is that I saw a lot of crap... but I mostly fast-forwarded through all of it, you know?
Reply   Post New Thread