Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Loyal Fan

I think Joe is really turned on by his dominance over her hence his scaring her and the little bit of violence. I think that Cathie, while truly having been frightened by him, is also turned on my his dominance. She truly seems completely enamoured with him even though she knows he is wrong for her.
I do believe that Joe really cares for Cathie. More so than any of the other women. It's shown in the way he looks at her when he's leaving her and when they meet again and are in the cafe - he holds her hand. That's a wonderful moment.
"You stink like sex." -Dean Winchester
Old 06-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think if Joe was a normal guy they could've worked it out. I actually found myself to be sort of disappointed during the scene Joe and Cathie were breaking up. And didn't they kiss before he left? I don't know many couples that kiss when they're breaking up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe and Cathie got completely into S&M. He just needed a whip and she needed stiletto heals. But Joe basically is a rapist. Rape isn't about sex it's about power and control. Something Joe wants and is searching for.

I never noticed he held her hand. I do think him keeping her pic in his wallet after they broke up shows that he's still thinking of her.
When Cathie dies I always wondered why Joe didn't do more to save her. I always scream "jump in and save her you moron! you can swim!" But I think he was relieved in a way that she was gone and couldn't cause trouble for him or tie him down.

I think it's ironic how they met at a beach considering she can't swim. I'm not much of a beach person not only cause "sand is rough and gets everywhere" - to borrow a quote from Anakin, and because I burn rather than tan, but because I can't swim and don't see the point in me going to a beach if all I'm going to do is sit around.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

*snuggles*

Old 06-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree with everything you said. I had the same reaction when she fell in.

Not only is sand rough - but Joe & Cathie made it in the gravel!! I was thinking "Ow!"
"You stink like sex." -Dean Winchester
Old 06-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S.H.A.
Time for a new thread?

Sasha
Probably

I watched the custard scene and it was powerful acting. At first I was laughing at the 'You made custard?' exchange but when he forces her on the floor and rapes her, I was squirming. It looked like she hated and liked it at the same time.

Laura|
Old 06-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalPistol
I agree with everything you said. I had the same reaction when she fell in.

Not only is sand rough - but Joe & Cathie made it in the gravel!! I was thinking "Ow!"
ouch. never thought about the gravel. but now i will.

i also squirm at the custard scene. it's difficult to watch once he starts spanking her.

new thread