Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Supernatural Spoilers

1.11 Faith January 1, 2006

- The teenage son of the family they are helping doesn't get along with the father. Sam relates strongly to not living up to his father's expectations. But Dean doesn't understand Sam's ambivalent feelings about DaddyWinchester. It looks like as close as the brothers are, they each resent/are jealous of the other for different things. Dean feels abandoned and wishes he could have tried for a "normal" life (from Skin) and Sam thinks Dean has always been their father's favorite.
- Dean and Sam discuss death, as in Dean dying. Dean claims that he only has faith in reality, in "knowing what's really going on, and planning accordingly." Sam notes that they fight stuff all the time that people don't believe in and asks if that's faith. Dean says it's the opposite because he's never fought anything that he hasn't seen with his own two eyes. We find out that the brothers are in a church and Dean approaches a 29-year-old woman named Layla Roarke. She asks if it's their first time in church and Dean asks if she can tell. Dean tries to tell her where they're from and she cuts him off because her mother wants her to have a good seat. She also says that her mother is really into "all this," meaning church. Dean notes to Sam that Layla's a beautiful, intelligent woman and has a healthy skepticism about "all this." Layla notes that she's gone to church all her life and that it's important to her. Dean tells Sam that perhaps he's right and that maybe Dean should give faith a shot (he's watching Layla leave appreciately at the same time). Sam is "intensely annoyed" with Dean's attitude. In the church tent, it's pretty much overflowing. The boys miraculously manage to get a seat on the front row near Layla and her mother. On the stage, there are many large crosses and a small cross that Sam immediately sees is odd. It's an early coptic cross. Roy Le Grange takes the stage with his wife Sue Ann. He's blind and middle-aged and charismatic. He starts his sermon about God rewarding the "good and deserving" and punshing the "corrupt." (Dean clears his throat loudly at that and Sam elbows him). Roy goes on about God doing the healing here and Dean makes comments under his breath. Roy hears Dean and singles him out. Dean is not at all embarrassed. Roy says that Dean has come to be healed and that it's okay to doubt because he's been through a lot. Dean notes that's good because he's not buying into it. Sam glares at Dean while Roy prays, asking who he should heal that day. Sam whispers furiously that maybe Roy could have saved Dean's life, but Dean had to be a jackass to him. Then Roy asks Dean to come forward. Meanwhile, elsewhere in town, at the indoor pool, Marshall Hall is about to bite the proverbial bullet. In the locker room, his watch dies, and then the lights die and then he dies...at the hands of a mysterious, gliding shadowy figure. Later, the brothers are talking. As usual Sam thinks it's coincidence but Dean doesn't believe that. Sam notes that Roy saved Dean's life, so why look a gift horse in the mouth. He wants to move on. Dean isn't so convinced...he didn't feel the warmth and white light of the stories of God's healing...he felt something cold and he saw something. Sam didn't see it...Dean notes, "So?" Sam reminds that he's been seeing a lot of stuff lately and if anyone should be seeing things, shouldn't it be him? Dean tells him to have faith on this one...that it felt wrong and that Dean trusts his feelings on this one. Sam gives in and says that he's going to investigate heart attack guy (I'm guessing Marshall Hall) while Dean goes to talk to Roy. Later, at Roy and Sue Ann's, she must ask Dean how he's feeling because he replies that he feels great and that he's trying to make sense of what happened. Sue Ann tells him that it was a miracle. Dean quizzes both Sue Ann and Roy about the miracles that happen around Roy. Roy's blind because he woke up one morning a year or so ago blind and the doctors discovered that it was due to cancer, all over his body. They prayed for a miracle and it happened. Now they have a whole "flock." Sue Ann shows Dean sketches of the new church they're building. Dean doesn't know what to think about that or about Sue Ann saying that Roy's going to share his gift of healing with the world but he has one more question. Dean wants to know why Roy chose him out of all those people. Roy says that he sensed that Dean had an important purpose in life and that it wasn't finished yet. As he's leaving the house, he meets up with Layla on the front porch. She's happy to see him and asks how he's feeling. He says, "Cured, I guess." She grins and looks hopeful. Dean asks what she's doing there and she replies that her mother wanted her to talk to Roy. Sue Ann greets Layla, but tells her that Roy's resting. Layla's mom joins them and begs to be let inside. This is their 6th trip to see Roy. Sue Ann tells Layla's mom to trust in God and then goes back inside. Sue Ann's mom sees Dean and is angry with him for taking Sue Ann's spot again. Layla tells her to stop this. Dean finally understands...Layla's sick. Layla doesn't want to tell him what it is, but her mom says it's a brain tumor. It's inoperable. Dean is sorry. Layla's mom asks why he deserved to live more than her daughter and Dean is deeply affected by this. Later, in the church tent, Dean's clutching his phone and forcing himself through the panicked crowd. He wonders who's controlling the Reaper if Roy isn't. He sees Sue Ann in the corner of the stage and she's praying and clutching a coptic cross. Dean decides it's her controlling the Reaper and runs for her. He dives for the cross and it is knocked out of Sue Ann's hands. She grabs it and is very relieved to see that it's still intact. She looks at Dean with a "dark, hard, determined" face, but then she's back to having the face of a "frightened preacher's wife." She shouts that she's being attacked. Out in the parking lot, David Wright is being held by the Reaper. The Reaper's hand pulls away and David opens his eyes to see the Reaper's grin fading as it moves backwards and disappears. Sam kneels beside David and tells him that he's going to be okay. Then two burly cops are dragging Dean from the tent. Sue Ann speaks to Dean, telling him that she doesn't understand, after everything (after Roy has healed him), that he could attack her. She's "very, very disappointed." She tells the cops to let him go because the Lord will deal with Dean. One of the cops calls Dean "city boy" and tells him that if he catches him around here again, he'll "put the fear of God" in him. Dean says, "Yes, sir. Fear of God. Scary." hee! The cops glare at him, but let him go. He turns around right into Layla. She tells him that it may be a joke to him, but people's faith is very important to them. Dean tries to argue, but Layla won't hear it. She doesn't want him to take her mother's hope away (and she notes that without believing in Roy, she's dying and there's nothing her mother can do about it besides believing in Roy). Dean's conflicted, but he turns to head for the parking lot. The boys are in their motel room discussing Sue Ann. Roy has no idea that she's into the black magic. Sam found a Spellbook in their house. There's a binding spell in there to trap the Reaper. It's a heavy spell calling for human blood and bones and Sam notes that Sue Ann has to be really evil to do something like that. And Dean adds, "Or really desperate." Desperate to save her husband's life that is. Sam doesn't quite buy that a preacher's wife would turn to the dark side and kill people. The cops are after Dean. He hides behind an SUV, but sets off the alarm. He hides under a nearby car and the cops leave. Later Sam finds Sue Ann's creepy altar. There's a picture of Dean there with a bloody X across it. Sue Ann catches him and notes that she gave Dean life and she can take it away. Sam grabs the pic and pushes over the altar. Sue Ann notes that the altar is useless to her now. The Reaper's already on his way after Dean. Then Sue Ann locks Sam in the cellar where her altar was. Outside, Sue Ann is talking to Sam...she says that losing Dean will save Layla and that Sam's life will go to someone equally as deserving. Dean slides out from under the car and is relieved that the cops are gone. However, the streetlights above him die. We know what this means...and so does Dean.... Later, the Reaper's pulling the "glowing ball of life essence" out of Sue Ann's eye sockets. Sue Ann convulses and blood pours from her mouth. Then she's still. The Reaper's grin fades as his job is done. Dean and Sam are there and note that the binding spell is now broken. Suddenly a flashlight beam is seen from behind them. People are coming out of the tent...Sam tells Dean that they need to go and the melt into the shadows without anyone seeing them. The brothers are staying at the Peach Tree Motel this time. Sam's packing up his stuff when there's a knock on the door. It's Layla. Dean called her. Sam notes that "she's got a brain tumor. And she's way into God." Dean responds with, "That is not the only thing I think about, you know." Sam retorts, "Yeah, now and then you think about killing stuff." Heeeeeeee! Layla knocks again, and calls through the door impatiently. She can hear them. Dean steps outside and they talk...Roy's lost his gift and Sue Ann had a massive stroke. Dean feigns surprise at the latter. They also talk about belief and while Layla's mom is dealing with things, Layla is not afraid at all because she notes that if you're going to have faith, you might as well have it no matter what. Dean's impressed with her. Dean gets a kiss from her and she tells him goodbye.

1.12 Scarecrow

- The next episode after Faith is called 'Scarecrow' and apparantly Dean is alone and in trouble, he and a girl have been taken as a sacrifice in an evil community, they are tied up and about to be killed when Sam shows up, Dean's all 'I take back everything I said, i am SO glad to see you...' he asks Sam how he got to the state, Sam says 'he stole a car', Dean's all 'you ARE like me'.

General Information About Supernatural

Supernatural's apparitions will reflect a commitment to folklore. In their travels, Sam and Dean will confront a Windigo, a man-eating creature from Native American lore; the hook man, the scary subject of many a campfire tale; Bloody Mary, a demonic wraith in the mirror; and a succubus, another kind of female demon.

McG, an executive producer for WB's Supernatural, seems more comfortable with the term horror, saying his show is designed to make it difficult to go to sleep after viewing. Joshand Jonas Pate, the twin brothers behind Surface, see their show as a family adventure and use the tag magic realism.

Like movies, TV shows sometimes are lured outside Los Angeles by cheaper costs. The Warner Bros. pilots for Fox's Reunion and the WB's Supernatural were both filmed in Los Angeles. But when the shows were picked up, the productions went to Vancouver, British Columbia.

Supernatural Board
Supernatural Website Thread

Supernatural Media
Beyond Nature: A Supernatural Fansite
Supernatural TV Show
Old 08-10-2005, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Here is an article that has a bit of spoilers, the source is: http://ktla.trb.com/entertainment/wb...efault-nav&fif

Supernatural Takes The WB on a Thrill Ride

This fall viewers will take a journey into the dark world of the unexplained that will deliver the terror of films like “The Ring” and “The Grudge.”

Sam Winchester (Jared Padalecki, “Gilmore Girls”) has done his best to escape his family's eerie history. Unlike his older brother Dean (Jensen Ackles, “Smallville”), Sam rejected their father's obsessive quest to uncover the evil forces that claimed the life of the boys' mother, Mary (guest star Samantha Smith). Putting as much distance as possible between himself and his family, Sam left home right after high school and went away to college. His new life includes a beautiful and loving girlfriend, Jessica (guest star Adrianne Palicki), and plans to enter law school.

Dean, however, took a very different path, following their father, John (Jeffrey Dean Morgan, “Weeds”), into the “family business.” When Dean arrives on Sam's doorstep with the news that their father has vanished, Sam has no choice but to put his personal plans on hold and join Dean on the road.

After four years apart, the reunited brothers are getting to know one another again, and their familiar sibling rivalries are never far from the surface. Despite the strange childhood they shared, these boys turned out to have very different views of the world. Dean still idolizes John and, although he often appears cocky and fearless, in reality he is haunted by memories of his mother's violent death. Sam was too young to remember the awful night that Mary died and has never fully accepted the frightening path his father and brother have followed.

A mysterious phone message from their father leads the Winchester brothers to a California town plagued by a series of unexplained deaths. They soon come face-to-face with the local legend of a Lady in White – a ghostly and beautiful hitchhiker who wanders country roads by night, luring young men to their doom. Though they don't find their father, Dean and Sam discover his journal and try to decipher his writings for clues that will help them destroy the spirit. Once the job is done, Sam tries to return to college life and his girlfriend but finds the malevolent force that claimed his mother has now taken Jessica in the same unthinkable way. Fueled by rage, sorrow and guilt, Sam suddenly understands his father's obsession. Like Dean, Sam is now totally committed to the hunt for answers and, ultimately, for revenge.

Bound by tragedy and blood to their dangerous, other-worldly mission, the brothers travel from the Colorado wilderness to Nebraska farmlands and on to isolated Wisconsin lakes, encountering creatures that most people believe only exist in folklore, superstition and nightmares – the terrifying Bloody Mary, the brutal Native American beast known as the Wendigo, the man with a hook who haunts Lovers' Lanes and the dark Phantom Travelers who portend a violent plane crash. As they follow the clues in their father's journal, the brothers realize that he has passed on to them all the knowledge he accumulated during the past 20 years. What they can't understand is why he has vanished and left them to carry on without him. Taking up the mantle of their father's crusade, Dean and Sam hunt down the evil that preys upon the innocent in the darkest corners of America.

From Warner Bros. Television Production Inc. in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision, with executive producers McG (“Charlie's Angels,” “The O.C.”), writer/executive producer Eric Kripke (“Boogeyman”) and Robert Singer (“Midnight Caller”).

Copyright © 2005, Tribune Interactive
Old 08-10-2005, 12:45 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting a thread for this new show.

I don't think there's already an existing thread here on the board, so we'll keep this one open.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanxs
Old 08-11-2005, 10:28 AM
MST Manager

Sure.

I might have to watch this show, just for the simple shallow factor that HOT Jensen Ackles is in it. *drools*
Old 08-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

I saw the extended preview thing that was on the WB the other day. I think I'm a chicken 'cause even that scared me, lol. But I think I'll watch the show and see if I like it.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Is the extended preview the one on the WB website?

I'm looking forward to something a little spooky this Fall, especially if it has JP and JA in it.

Thanks for the article.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:23 PM
LLB
Passionate Fan

I want to see it for the simple fact that Jensen is in it too. Hee. (I'm a big fan of Dark Angel) I don't like Jared though. But I don't think I'll be able to watch it since I don't have cable and doubt they'll play it on local channels. I'll have to wait I guess.
"When it comes to relationships, maybe we're all in glass houses and shouldn't throw stones. Because you can never really know. Some people are settling down, some people are settling... and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies."
<- avi courtesy of Cress
.Léa.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanxs for coming by, now the thread is picking up. I can post the link, to where you can watch the Pilot
Old 08-20-2005, 02:32 AM
Elite Fan

Psssst. Keep that to PM's, since we aren't suppose to discuss downloading really.

Quote:
'Supernatural' is an eerie natural for WB
By Bill Keveney, USA TODAY
Thu Aug 18, 7:46 AM ET

•The show: Supernatural

•The premiere: Sept. 13, 9 p.m. ET/PT on WB

•The twist: It's a road picture with ghosts.

• The concept: In the producers' Hollywood-ese shorthand, Route 66 meets The X-Files and Star Wars at a truck stop. Two estranged brothers head out in their '67 Chevy Impala to search for their father, who trained them to hunt for supernatural phenomena - and the answer to their mother's haunting demise years earlier.

With Supernatural, WB is pinning its hope on scare tactics.

Horror has been hot on the big screen, with films such as The Ring, The Village and The Grudge all scoring more than $100 million at the box office. WB entertainment president David Janollari says that audience - more female than male - could flock to a horror series, giving it breakout potential.

The films "are scoring huge with the young moviegoing audience, particularly the young female audience. That's our audience," he says.

The series' otherworldliness is a reminder of earlier WB shows Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. And the twentysomething protagonists should be a familiar fit for longtime network fans: WB veterans Jared Padalecki of Gilmore Girls and Jensen Ackles of Smallville (and earlier, Dawson's Creek) play Sam and Dean Winchester.

Janollari sees the show as "a thrill ride - just scary and suspenseful and creepy and cool."

Its significance to WB is evident in a big promotional campaign that includes signs at gas stations, trick mirrors - which turn into ads for the show - in bars and clubs, and multimedia magazine inserts.

Supernatural comes in a season when eerie happenings are multiplying on the fall schedule. Other new fall shows, including ABC's Invasion and Night Stalker, CBS' Threshold and NBC's Surface, also traffic in mystery and monsters. But Supernatural executive producer Eric Kripke says most of those are science fiction, not horror.

Kripke (Boogeyman), joined as a producer by McG (Charlie's Angels) and Robert Singer (Midnight Caller), acknowledges the success of ABC's Lost in making it easier for these kinds of shows to get on the air. They reflect an uncertain post-9/11 spirit in which an enemy "is not only out to get us. He could be living among us."

Although Supernatural may fit with the times, Kripke, 31, has been nurturing this idea for almost a decade. He considers himself a disciple of the late Joseph Campbell and his examinations of mythology. The names of the two lead characters are an homage to the wandering Sal and Dean of Jack Kerouac's On the Road. And Kripke also cites contemporary signposts, including Star Wars and The Matrix, when discussing the heroes' journey.

Structurally, Supernatural will be made up primarily of self-contained episodes: "They'll be driving into town to kill that evil and then they'll drive back into the sunset," Kripke says. A longer thread including their search for their father will be established over time.

Supernatural's apparitions will reflect a commitment to folklore. In their travels, Sam and Dean will confront a Windigo, a man-eating creature from Native American lore; the hook man, the scary subject of many a campfire tale; Bloody Mary, a demonic wraith in the mirror; and a succubus, another kind of female demon.

Although Kripke's research indicates a thoughtful approach, he has a visceral goal. "We want to scare the hell out of you."
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 08-20-2005, 04:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just love this premise. Love it!

Mysteria, thanks for the article.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Loyal Fan

This show sounds intersting to me and Directv had preview for The WB shows it looked good and thought I would check it out but by now reading everything makes me want to see it more

Nathan&Haley,Lucas&Brooke,Liz&Jason,Jackie&Hyde,Dillon&Georgie,Madison&Ephram, Jake&Peyton*Pacey&Joey!
icon by Livin4foxy
Old 08-25-2005, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanxs for the article
Old 08-25-2005, 08:41 AM
Absolute Fan

sounds pretty interesting and its in a good timeslot too, right after gilmore girls. if the show is as good as it sounds it'll do fine.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

sounds pretty interesting this show.... it doesn't air in my country but maybe next year. It does intrigue me...

and the fact that McG is working on this show does promise a lot. I love the OC and if the show will be a hit like the OC is, then WB has got quite a catch.

Pic of Supernatural that was posted by the WB in the fall schedule

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread