Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Special Things About Judging Amy

So, why do you watch it? Are there any things you love most about "Judging Amy"? Just tell me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I am going to post my opinion later when I have more time.
My innocent eyes
Old 12-10-2003, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

i think the main reason what makes "Judging Amy" exceptional is that it shows two sides: first everything work specific and secondly family and relationships between characters. it never gets boring because those two sides are pretty balanced. it's neither the average who-dates-who-show nor just a Crime Investigation show.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nikki

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 12-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikki K:
<STRONG>...pretty balanced. </STRONG>
Yeah, I like the balance it has, that there isn't too much drama leading towards one thing.

I also love to listen to Amy's judgment, she has such words of wisdom that I think it sucks that she doesn't get any recognition for it... I also like that she's not always right, doesn't think she knows everything and isn't afraid of just doing what's best for the children... even if it hurts them. I also like how she always seems to go beyond what's being said, isn't afraid to ask for help. Did I mention I like her judgment. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I also like the stories, just when I think a parent can be the worst a parent can be they always come up with a worst parent.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

i want to add that i also love the fact that there is a lot of comedy in the show without it being ridiculous. and i really like the fact that the show and its characters don't take themselves too seriously. a good example would be the very beginning of 1x19: The Out-of-Towners:

Quote:
Heeding the request of counsel to deliver one of her "rants" at a sentencing hearing, Amy lectures a young drug dealer whose mother has made tremendous sacrifices to provide him with a better life.
i just had to laugh so hard when i saw amy's weird look when she's asked to give the guy one of her speeches. it was like: "I? I have never lectured anyone ever! Really, I swear!!! I haven't lectured anybody, have I?" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
and the speech she finally gives him - priceless.

nikki

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 12-29-2003, 02:03 PM
Passionate Fan

I love the relationship between Amy and Lauren. The first episode was aweome when she said that "her best job was being her mommy."

avi credit to lovely lauren
Old 01-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

that was cute - i'm not a fan of Lauren though, she goes on my nerves. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] - but i think it's totally funny how Amy always shuts her up, when she's asking annoying questions - like at the breakfast table - it's always like:

Lauren: "Why blahblahblah blah blah?"

Amy: "Uhm. We're talking about that later."

Lauren: "When?"

Amy: "Uhm... when you're grown-up!"

Lauren: "But mom-"

Amy: "Eat your breakfast, sweetheart!"

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] it's almost like a running gag on the show.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nikki

Old 02-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Extreme Fan

I like that it's not this perfect picture. She's complicated and things don't always work out and the answers aren't always easy so that makes it easier to relate, to her work as well as her family life.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Yes, I like the fact that the show is realistic. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And I love the whole family dynamic. I can totally relate to Amy, her mom, brother(s), etc.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by hibiscuss:
I like that it's not this perfect picture. She's complicated and things don't always work out and the answers aren't always easy . . .
Yeah, I like that she's screwed up, too. I don't feel so alone in my dysfunction.

Oh, and her nervous babbling is hilarious!
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 09-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

thats my attraction to the show...

No not just RTJ...

I have the same views the main characters usually have -I can see eye to eye with them. The dialogue and behavior is realistic. I can relate to them personally or know people just like them.

And its great looking at RTJ on a weekly basis!

hubba hubba big man

Amy: Why?

Bruce: Partly because I think you're too good for him, too smart, too wise, too complicated, and literally too good.

Amy: You said 'partly'. What's the other part?

Bruce: Something I don't know how to name.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:56 PM
New Fan

I am glald that JA is not soapy anymore

HEllo.

I ve been watching this show for a while mostly in the re-runs and that is one of the reasons I was able to notice the changes that occured as the show moved on from season 1 to season 4 now. Besides that the new season just started in sept 2004 so i ve been watching those too.

With an excellent start, the show went a little dull in the second season... Season 3 was amazing but as it progressed to the 4th .. it became extremely predictable and i really mean extremely predictable as to what the charcters will say. As a fan, i could tell what they were going to say or how the situation will end or what the ruling on the case would be...which I think is really bad for a show because that means it is coming to an end... may be out of stories or whateve.

Also it became very much like a daytime soap. what i mean is the relationship thing went over board. the maxine thing with Jared. Also Amy was in a couple of realationships. e.g with that lawyer and then rob and stu and judge krumble... u kno what i'm saying right?

Then vincent and his relationships until he got married and then he moved away.

Kyle his relationship with sarah and lily, and then in mid season 4, vincent and sarah kissing... VERY SOAPY, dont you think.

To add more, Bruce and his relationships...

I thought that when the show was started... A strong "emphasis" was to be about the life of a judge and something other than a relasionship story of a judge... i think that's exactly what started to happen by season 3...

But now i think it has become reasonable again ... in sense of the shows as well as the story line. Amy is in stable relationship for a while. Vincent doesnt have one. Kyle is moving away. Maxine with Ignacio, looks stable at least. And I can safely say for myself that i ve been unable to predict the stories as of late. I am totally confused with David story line for sure and i dont know what the characters be saying, as there have been new situations brought up in the show.

Thank you writers for the changes in this season.

And now DAvid is here and
Old 01-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzila
No not just RTJ...
See, Ru, you say it's not all about RTJ, but I'm just not sure I believe you . . .
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 03-31-2005, 03:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroos
HEllo.

I ve been watching this show for a while mostly in the re-runs and that is one of the reasons I was able to notice the changes that occured as the show moved on from season 1 to season 4 now. Besides that the new season just started in sept 2004 so i ve been watching those too.

With an excellent start, the show went a little dull in the second season... Season 3 was amazing but as it progressed to the 4th .. it became extremely predictable and i really mean extremely predictable as to what the charcters will say. As a fan, i could tell what they were going to say or how the situation will end or what the ruling on the case would be...which I think is really bad for a show because that means it is coming to an end... may be out of stories or whateve.

Also it became very much like a daytime soap. what i mean is the relationship thing went over board. the maxine thing with Jared. Also Amy was in a couple of realationships. e.g with that lawyer and then rob and stu and judge krumble... u kno what i'm saying right?

Then vincent and his relationships until he got married and then he moved away.

Kyle his relationship with sarah and lily, and then in mid season 4, vincent and sarah kissing... VERY SOAPY, dont you think.

To add more, Bruce and his relationships...

I thought that when the show was started... A strong "emphasis" was to be about the life of a judge and something other than a relasionship story of a judge... i think that's exactly what started to happen by season 3...

But now i think it has become reasonable again ... in sense of the shows as well as the story line. Amy is in stable relationship for a while. Vincent doesnt have one. Kyle is moving away. Maxine with Ignacio, looks stable at least. And I can safely say for myself that i ve been unable to predict the stories as of late. I am totally confused with David story line for sure and i dont know what the characters be saying, as there have been new situations brought up in the show.

Thank you writers for the changes in this season.

And now DAvid is here and
I agree. At one point it seemed like a soap opera. It went from being Judging Amy to 'The Days Of Our Lives' or one of those soap operas. I'm glad that the writers backed off from that. I'm not a fan of soap operas and I don't like to see shows turned into them.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love the show for so many reasons. First of all, because of the interesting storylines. I like to see what Amy is going to rule, and her cases are very realistic. Maxine's DCF cases are also realistic. It's interesting to learn what the real world is like, and the drama in their family relates to my family because we are all very close, but yet so oppisote of each other like the Gray's. Plus, I have a grandmother JUST LIKE Maxine. I love the relationship between Amy and Bruce, and Amy's crazy love life lol. The show in general is just fun and entertaining. It never has lost my interest!

*~*~*~*BRAMY FAN*~*~*~*
Old 03-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUFAN41
I love the show for so many reasons. First of all, because of the interesting storylines. I like to see what Amy is going to rule, and her cases are very realistic. Maxine's DCF cases are also realistic. The show in general is just fun and entertaining. It never has lost my interest!
I agree. I like both the DCF cases and the court cases and how Amy will rule.