Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Life As We Know It News & Articles thread

I'm sure with the new fall season quickly approaching there will be lots of news and buzz surrounding this show.

I was searching zap2it and found an article that's a few weeks old.

Osbourne Prefers 'life' to Reality
(Wednesday, July 14 08:57 AM)
By Daniel Fienberg
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Without reality television, it's difficult to imagine that Kelly Osbourne would be a celebrity. It's even harder to fathom that she would be a semi-successful recording artist, that she would have made her debut on the stage of the MTV Video Music Awards or that she would have played tours around Europe.
Probably her much-publicized trip to rehab for drug and alcohol problems was also linked to the chaotic whirlwind of MTV's "The Osbournes," as is the perception that she's difficult or lazy.

It's no wonder that, on the verge of her scripted television debut in ABC's teen drama "life as we know it," Osbourne is ambivalent about the television phenomenon that brought her to the public eye.

The rest of the article is here.
Samantha #121
Old 08-05-2004, 03:45 AM
Master Fan

some casting info from TV tome:

July 29, 2004

Jessica Harmon and Sarah Strange join the cast of LAWKI. Harmon will play a new love interest for Sean Faris' character (Dino), and Strange will play the mother of Kelly Osbourne's (Debbie).
Samantha #121
Old 08-18-2004, 02:59 AM
Passionate Fan

From The Futon Critic.

Quote:
ABC Delays 'Life as We Know It,' Other News

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- ABC has opted to push back another of its new fall dramas, announcing on Friday that "Life As We Know It" will now launch Thursday, October 7 at 9:00/8:00c, two weeks after its previously announced premiere date.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

rawr. I saw that on TVtome and was hoping it was just them repeating the premier date...but no. They've actually moved it back from the September date. I'm worried...could this be a bad thing? Or do they just want to ensure that the premier won't have the competition of other shows premiering. Hmm...anyone know the dates for NBC's thurday night lineup? Maybe they're pushing it back so they don't have to compete with whatever they're putting there. Although, wouldn't it make more sense to beat them to the punch so the show would have an established audience? Ay...just trying to contemplate the way all this works with ratings and such gives me a headache.
Samantha #121
Old 08-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

I hate when they do stuff like this.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

I found this page that goes into a lot of deepth about the Characters thought I'd post it just incase any of you haven't seen it clicky click
Old 10-08-2004, 02:18 AM
Elite Fan

I typed up this article from the new Entertainment Weekly, which features Sarah Michelle Gellar on the cover.

Boy Story
Hormones are all the rage in ABC's randy new drama. By Gillian Flynn

Life As We Know It
[i]Thursdays, 9 p.m. (ABC)

How does that old showbiz saw go? Never act with kids or animals - and don't ever talk to the camera because it will ge awkward for all of us. If loosey-goosey Sarah Jessica Parker can't pull it off (the device was rightly canned in Sex and the City's first season), what made the creators of ABC's new teen drama think their young stars should do it?
Oddly, it works, primarily because the testimonials come from high schoolers: hockey stud Dino (Tom Cruise look-alike Sean Faris), brainy Ben (Jon Foster), and skittish camera nerd Jonathan (Chris Lowell). The confessionals still seem self-conscious, but a boy talking about sex or friendship or...sex should bungle a bit. The contrivance also allows more realism: You gotta love the articulate kids that populate Everwood, and Gilmore Girls, and The O.C., but real teen conversations are notable for shallowed thoughts and last-minute verbal detours. **note from me: The next sentence kind of is a spoiler, so I'm not going ot put it in**
Life, based on Melvin Burgess' novel Doing It and created by the producers of Freaks and Geeks, revels in off-putting frankness: Dino, for instance, describes taking his girlfriend's virginity as if he were planting a flag on alien territory. "No matter what happens, they can't take that away - I was there first." Once I finished blanching, I thought it was a great line. Maybe Dino's immature and occasionally unlikeable, but I'm ready for a TV teen who isn't a better, more knowing human being than I am. Plus, it felt right: When so much of high school life is transient - love notes trashed, promise rings returned - the idea of doing something "they can't take away" seems logical, if louchely put.
If you're irked by the pilot, don't give up. Jonathan's friend Deborah (Ozzy progeny Kelly Osbourne), the target of fat jokes early on, proves she can defend herself quite nicely. And while Ben's relationship with his teacher (Marguerity Moreau) has the whiff of an old Van Halen video, the writers play up its topsy-turvy, who's-in-control vibe. That cleverly mirrors the dynamics between Dino and his parents (hangdog D.B. Sweeney and Lisa Darr) after he discovers an icky secret. With Dino gaining moral superiority, and leverage, this family becomes quite charged - just like the jangly triangle of guys at he series' center. B
Old 10-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Does anyone know where LAWKI is filmed?
Old 10-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

*sigh* It didn't do all that good. I kind wish ABC would move it to Monday or something, the competition on Thursdays is way to hard.

Source: Zap2It

CBS Dominates Thursday
(Friday, October 08 08:34 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Fast National ratings for Thursday, Oct. 7, 2004
CBS won every hour of primetime Thursday as "Without a Trace" beat "ER" for the second straight time this season.

For the night, CBS averaged a 14.1 rating/22 share, beating NBC, 10.2/16, by a solid margin. FOX's baseball playoff coverage took third at 4.5/7 (although those numbers reflect time period only), while ABC was fourth at 4.1/6. UPN averaged 3.4/5 and The WB 1.5/2.

The Eye network also led among adults 18-49 with an 8.0 rating. NBC was a strong second at 7.2. FOX and ABC tied for third at 2.0. UPN averaged 1.6 and The WB 0.9.
"Survivor: Vanuatu" led off for CBS, posting an 11.4/18 at 8 p.m. "Joey," 8.6/14, and "Will & Grace," 8.4/13, put NBC in second. ABC's "Extreme Makeover" took third with a 5.1/8. FOX's baseball coverage was fourth, and "WWE Smackdown!" on UPN finished fifth. "Blue Collar TV" (2.1/3) and the premiere of "Drew Carey's Green Screen Show" (1.8/3) combined to average 1.9/3 for The WB.

"CSI," 17.1/26, dipped some from its premiere two weeks ago but was still by far the night's most-watched show. "The Apprentice," 10.5/16, kept NBC in second, while FOX's baseball game moved up to third with a 4.8/7 for the hour. The premiere of ABC's "life as we know it" managed only a 3.2/5 against the stiff competition. "Smackdown!" kept UPN in fifth, while The WB went with a rerun of "One Tree Hill."

At 10 p.m., "Without a Trace" completed CBS' wire-to-wire win with a 13.9/22. "ER" averaged 11.5/18 for NBC. ABC got a 3.9/6 from "Primetime Live" (numbers for FOX's playoff coverage weren't available).

Ratings information is taken from fast national data. All numbers are preliminary and subject to change, especially in the case of live telecasts.

Return to all ratings headlines
Old 10-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks for the info CutieKatie.

Quote:
Originally posted by OtHlUvR23
Does anyone know where LAWKI is filmed?
I believe that it's filmed in Vancouver.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:00 PM
New Fan

fan site

not much there but the show just started. http://www.ynotgirl.com/Life/
Old 10-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Hi TriannaisBack this belongs on the News & Articles thread so I'm going to move it over there.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't buy it, but in the new "In Touch" I believe, there's a two page spread with the 3 boys. Hopefully someone will be able to pick it up. Shoot, I can't remember if it's "US Weekly" or "In Touch"...I'll have to check it out.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Not good ratings but it looked like they went up a little, which is probably good in a small way.

Source:: Zap2It

CBS Cruises Again on Thursday
(Friday, October 15 07:56 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Fast National ratings for Thursday, Oct. 14, 2004
CBS easily won the ratings battle Thursday, while FOX's baseball coverage took a hit as the Red Sox and Yankees took the night off.

For the night, CBS averaged a 14.0 rating/22 share to finish well ahead of NBC's 10.0/16. FOX took third at 5.1/8, followed by ABC, 4.1/6; UPN, 3.4/5; and The WB, 1.5/2.

The race among adults 18-49 was much tighter, although CBS still managed to come out on top with a 7.8 rating. NBC was a solid second at 7.2. FOX's 2.4 was good for third, beating ABC's 2.0, UPN's 1.8 and The WB's 1.0.

"Survivor: Vanuatu" posted an 11.6/18 to win the 8 p.m. hour for CBS. "Joey," 8.7/14, and "Will & Grace," 8.4/13, gave NBC second for the hour. "Extreme Makeover" averaged 4.8/8 for ABC, while the rain-delayed National League Championship Series managed only a 4.2/7 for FOX (numbers for FOX reflect time period only because of the live broadcast). "WWE Smackdown!" took fifth for UPN, beating "Blue Collar TV" and "Drew Carey's Green Screen Show" on The WB.

At 9 p.m., "CSI" posted its usual huge rating, 17.7/27. "The Apprentice" was second at 10.2/15 for NBC. FOX's coverage of the St. Louis Cardinals-Houston Astros matchup moved up to third with a 5.5/8. "Smackdown!" grabbed fourth with a 3.5/5, while ABC's "life as we know it" struggled again in its second week. The WB went with a rerun of "Charmed."

CBS completed its dominance of the night at 10 p.m. with "Without a Trace," 12.7/20. "ER" averaged 11.3/18 for NBC. FOX got a 5.6/9 from its baseball coverage, while ABC's "Primetime Live" came in at 4.2/7.

Ratings information is taken from fast national data. All numbers are preliminary and subject to change, especially in the case of live telecasts.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the article, Katie.

I really hope the ratings get better because I just adore this show.