Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Loyal Fan

JA Episode Questions

Ever forget which episode a certain scene took place in or what guest star played what character? Wouldn't it be nice to have a thread to ask all your JA board buddies for help? Well, here it is!

Okay, I'll go first!

In the season 4 finale "Shock and Awe," did Amy accept Stu's proposal right away, or were we supposed to assume that it happened sometime during the summer?
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion

Last edited by chocolatekisses; 08-22-2004 at 04:23 PM
Old 08-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

That's a great idea of a thread! Thanks for opening it!

As for the question... as always, I'm not sure. Didn't she assume that he was about to propose when they bought him that suit and later when they talked in the hospital she told him that she thought he'd ask her and then he did? I'm not entirely sure though...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Loyal Fan

See, that's my problem, I remember him asking her when they were at the hospital at the end, but I don't remember if she answered him then, or if it was just supposed to be understood that she accepted during the summer.
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 08-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

Something makes me believe she said 'yes' in the hospital (or at least was about to) when Peter came in with the bad news on Gillian... but I have no proof as in - I don't have the episode taped or a script or something... maybe Ru can help?! Ru?!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't think she said 'yes' right away. I have that episode taped, I'll have to watch it and see if she did or not.

avi credit to lovely lauren
Old 08-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok... I am only going on my memory...

If I remember right: Amy did accept when Stu proposed. The sound had gone off to a song because Gillian was being worked on right after that scene. It was one of those famous JA go from this scene to something else with only music playing. By the time that Peter came out, Amy had the ring on when sitting next to Stu in the waiting room.

Well thats what I remember

~Ru

Hi guys... school started again so I may not be around like I used to but I still consider this home

Amy: Why?

Bruce: Partly because I think you're too good for him, too smart, too wise, too complicated, and literally too good.

Amy: You said 'partly'. What's the other part?

Bruce: Something I don't know how to name.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

new question...

What is Bruce's middle name? I know in season one, Amy gives him a hard time about not being personable and she tells him a list of things he could tell her about himself -one of which was his middle name. Later in that ep he gives her the answers to her list. I havent seen the episode and I cant remember his middle name...

Any takers?

Bruce: Partly because I think you're too good for him, too smart, too wise, too complicated, and literally too good.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm about 97% sure it was "Calvin."

"Bruce Calvin Van Exel" . . . I like it!
Old 08-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

oooh I like it too but can anyone give me a 100%? (i might need this info for a story, no offense CK)

Does my account of Amy accepting Stu's proposal sound right?

Old 08-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ruzila:
Does my account of Amy accepting Stu's proposal sound right?
I'm drawing a complete blank on that scene, so I really don't know. gg_obsessed, where are you? Have you watched that tape yet?
Old 09-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok... guess I'll have to go with Calvin. If anyone knows any different dont hesitate to post.

Another question: Does anyone know 'word for word' the speech between Bruce and Amy regarding his feelings about interracial relationships? I'm involved in a debate and this would be really helpful info.

Thanks in advance

Old 09-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Venus Smurf's, The Problem with Amy, has the dialogue.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

You're the bomb CK!

Thanks a million

Old 09-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

So it's really Calvin? Wow, isn't that kind of ironic considering he's a Catholic?

Old 09-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok... so I'm keeping 'Calvin' cuz CK has a high accuracy rate..

But does anyone know what episode(s) Bruce's mom was in? and what is her name?

Thanks in advance,

Ru