Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Discussion topics for the board - Please Read

Hi guys,

Anja and I have been noticing the abundance of game threads on this board, while 'discussion threads' seemed to have slipped in number and amount of participation. While it's cool that we have an active contingent of posters in the game threads, we think it's important that we also have some legitimate discussion on Young Americans, which is what will keep our board unique from those of other TV shows.

Our idea is to compile a list of possible thread ideas, and have a new one opened each week called 'discussion topic of the week'. Hopefully that will give rise to some interesting conversations and theories.

So now we would really like to hear your thoughts on what we could talk about. Any ideas for discussion thread topics? Post your ideas here!

Some previous topics for inspiration:
The feasibility of a cross-dressing girl in an all-boys school, and the problems she might encounter
Comparing YA to other shows - plot/character/theme similarities and differences
Create your own episode of YA - what plotlines, themes and quirky scenes would you have liked to see?

Brainstorm!

fics | vids | stupid little life

Last edited by Silversun; 08-25-2004 at 09:45 PM
Old 08-26-2004, 06:01 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

knowing my previous record with thread topics...i think we should have the third one...it's close to what i was trying to do before but it was 'too crazy'..but we definitely need 'the should have, could have, would have' thread...right? right?

my not-too-craazy list
*YA actors: where are they now?
*and threads on stuff which still baffles me: why was it cancelled? why is it that some people say that the show was bad?(it wasn't!) what was the show missing? why was it cancelled? why?
*and other threads on other characters like the lena appreciation thread...bec. she's the jahammer cupid?

we don't really need to do anything to make this board unique...it's already unique...YA's the 'short-lived show' especially if you look at the other shows under the 'PAST' shows...but what's really special is that it lived on and on..we still have reruns all over the world and different languages. we also have fanfic written by great authors,.some even putting the show's own writers to shame...*cough nicky..cough..estee..*only 8 episodes but YA will be remembered forever..because of history...because "who said it's over?"...

heh..look at what the YA drama has done to me...
(but did they really have to cancel it?! YA deserved the chance!...it still does.. )

Last edited by nki; 08-26-2004 at 09:01 AM
Old 08-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the thread!

nki, we already do have a Create your own episode of YA thread, it was lost somewhere on page 2.

I was thinking about having a thread for the parents. How come almost all the parent/child relationships are not really great? How do the parents react to certain things, what do they do to improve the situation, ...stuff like that. Anyone interested in that?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Those are some really good ideas guys. Anja, I reckon the parents thing would totally rock. I would like to discuss it, anyway.

Anyway nikki, I thought some of your ideas might be better off as general threads and not as 'discussion of the week' types, so feel free to start those threads yourself.

Ideas for new threads:
- YA actors: where are they now?
- Lena appreciation

Ideas for discussion topics:
- Why was the show cancelled? - an analytic discussion
- Parents of the YA gang - troubled relationships and incestuous webs

Can you please add the list we thought up Anja?

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 08-27-2004, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

- UC couples thread
- YA fashion thread. How has YA affected your taste in fashion? Who went out and bought a black satin bra?
- Critical discussion: Why was Ryder homophobic? Upbringing? Secretly gay? Predominant boys school culture?
- How has YA affected your life?
- What would you have wanted to see? - Storylines that never were explored
- How the characters progressed through the season - What did you like, what not?
- Parents of the YA gang - troubled relationships and incestuous webs
- Will/Bella/Sean - A Friendship to Last Forever?
- 'Class Reunion' - 10 years from now

Last edited by wolkenfuehlen; 04-29-2005 at 08:15 AM
Old 08-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Definitely pretty good topics. I'll be posting in all of them as soon as you open them.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by wolkenfuehlen
- UC couples thread
- YA fashion thread. How has YA affected your taste in fashion? Who went out and bought a black satin bra?
- How has YA affected your life?
- What would you have wanted to see? - Storylines that never were explored
Yeah, thanks for the list. Those listed above, mos def will have my contribution
Old 09-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Loyal Fan

You guys are awesome! So creative!

How about a class reunion thread. We could picture everybody getting together for a class reunion say, 10 years from now and see what happened to all the characters.