or did she come from hell?
In the end she triumphed...
really showed some class...
she hunted down the beast...
and kicked his demon ass.
noseedough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Loyal Fan

And that's what I call a kick-ass-poem !!!
Great job !!!!!!!!!
Because the best is yet to come..."
misiopuchatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kickass is the new favorite word. And that poem really did kick some ass, John!

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Bravo John I thought Shiri did an amazing job in this role. Its actually the first thing I have seen her in since Roswell too.
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Dreamer 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 11:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

John, that was good!
Too bad the movie wasn't. ~'Nuff said.
Ha, Ha, Ha Lovin' it!!!!
Joie's here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Re: Darklight - The Movie...Thread #2

Quote:
Originally posted by noseedough
Some people call her Lilith...
some people call her Elle...
did she come from heaven?
or did she come from hell?
In the end she triumphed...
really showed some class...
she hunted down the beast...
and kicked his demon ass.

Great Poem. I liked seeing Shiri and this new movie. The last one of hers I saw her in was "Swimfan".
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 06:17 AM
LKB
Dedicated Fan

I think a Darklight series could be quite good. Actually, I think the premise of the movie is better suited to a series, since I was mostly interested in Lillith's internal conflict. A show, if it was character-driven, could really play that out.

Actually, Lillith's conflict really sparked my imagination. I wonder how I would react to finding out I'm not only a demon, but also the first person to ever merit punishment from God. Would being a human being (in her mind) for three years really be able to affect her, considering her history of evil? I mean, what kind of effect, if any, would it have on her identity/nature? And how would she feel about God? I guess I'm just a modern girl, but I was shocked that Lillith was cast out/cursed/etc. simply for refusing to accept Adam as anything other than an equal.

I could go on and on about this, but it'll probably suffice to say that I found the movie's premise/Lillith really interesting and thought-provoking.
LKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 06:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

First, I would like to say that I think Shiri is great actress. She's also very talented and beautiful. With that said, I think that the movie plot could have been much improved.
The special effects were not special and the dialogue was stiff. John De Lancie and Richard Burgi were typecast as an antagonist and a protagonist, respectively which made the rest of the movie too predictible. The secret society sworn to protect the world from Lillith only to keep her alive after she's been captured is a cliche of antithesis turning into a hero (think of Xena as example). I think the movie might have been better if it was more properly developed.
As for Shiri, her acting was good. She's certainly not the Liz of season 1 and part of season 2 of Roswell. She's more of a tough and rough chick that I previewed in season 3 of Roswell. Her facial expression appear rough around the edges but I guess that was required of her character. Oh yes, she does look great.
Not a typical vulnerable and fragile role for Shiri, which is good. She did do an excellent job. Plus, I'm glad that she was the one with top billing or headlining?, meaning her name appeared first in credits which suggests top billing for the actor, though I'm not completely sure. However, I'm hoping that the next sci-fi project will be more developed in terms of storyline and effects. This movie could have been a foray into weekly series, but my deduction is that the chance of this happening now are dismal.

I'm still looking forward to more projects from Shiri. Sorry if my review is a bit harsh.

Last edited by Stargaser; 09-20-2004 at 06:38 AM
Stargaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Banned

Why do i need to be from the Uk? I just saw the trailor and it looked hot, now im going to look the web and see if i can download it somewhere
sexypinkdots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:03 PM
jjj
Addicted Fan

I wonder IF Shiri is interested or hopeful that the movie would be made into a series? Since Lilith seemed to have "erased" 2 of the 5 marks of damnation perhaps they could make it a mini-series tracking her deeds as she cleared her soul?
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Exclusive Look at Sci Fi's Darklight!
Old 09-20-2004, 01:25 PM
New Fan

The fx didn't bug me. When I heard about this being a TV movie I knew not to hope for much in the fx. But, whenever I heard that they made this movie on $2 million I was expecting much worse to tell you the truth.

The reason I liked the movie was more like the reason I stuck with Roswell in the last two seasons(But it didn't hurt to watch this movie as much as it did to watch Roswell after they changed the direction the show was going): The backstory and the acting. I loved the very first of the movie, the way they did the Lilith story and I liked when she saved the boy and got that thing out of her neck. I didn't like it so much the first time but I went back and watched again and I liked it better the second time around. Granted there is still alot of things that bug me about the movie and I hated the last fight with the demons, it is pretty good compared to the other movies the Scifi Channel makes.

I don't think it is the best movie they have done but, it's not one of the worst.
yoshi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

I posted this elsewhere but its my observations after watching it twice more

I wouldn't call the movie brilliant, but it sure had the potential to be.
It was a good tale to tell, just some very slopy execution.
Shiri did very well with what she was given though as did the cast. Unfortunately in rewatching it I began to see how it seems to have been thrown together. They were probably under financial constrains and couldn't address alot of the character development as well as they should have to make it a far better picture.
It does lend itself to a sequal though... but she has only three more thingies to loose from her arm....
Maybe she could do a few things wrong and get some back so they could keep the series going.....

Anything for continueing Shiri-ness on the tube!

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.

Last edited by bigspam; 09-21-2004 at 01:39 AM
bigspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Loyal Fan

i don't think the movie was that bad. it definitely had a lot of potential. i agree, it seems that it was all thrown in. they could have elaborated it more and put it into a 2 part movie. rather than squish everything into 2 hours (well 1hr. and 30-ish minutes.)
Old 09-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Here we go with the caps
Three from cuddly Pooh for a good start

All rights reserved

Enjoy
Because the best is yet to come..."
misiopuchatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top