Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Musicals/Broadway Appreciation #2: Like Marissa says, Anything can happen!

Welcome to the thread for all you "Musical Theatre Enthusiasts" out there, our name dubbed by the one and only Matthew Broderick! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Title comes from this:

If a 4' 11'' chubby New York girl can be a leading lady in a Broadway show and win a Tony, then anything can happen! -Marissa Jaret Winoker's Tony's Acceptance speech

[ 08-12-2003: Message edited Bloody Brilliant ]
Old 08-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thread 2! Thread 2! This is so exciting.

Ooohh, I think my friend saw Aida either today or yesterday. I feel so bad for her. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M & M:
<STRONG>Thanks for starting. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thread 2! Thread 2! This is so exciting.

Ooohh, I think my friend saw Aida either today or yesterday. I feel so bad for her. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] poor girl. poor girl!
Arrow #8
Old 08-12-2003, 07:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Yay, thread #2 [img]smilies/party.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Profaine Angel:
<STRONG>Yay, thread #2 [img]smilies/party.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Isn't it exciting??!!??

ok..I'm thinking of a title..again, a quote from teh Tony's.

If a 4' 11'' chubby New York girl can be a leading lady in a Broadway show and win a Tony, then anything can happen! -Marissa Jaret Winoker's Tony's Acceptance speech

or at least Anything can happen!
Arrow #8
Old 08-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, thread 2! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I've been downloading (or trying to download) songs from "Footloose." [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

Hey Xan!

Writer and Director Set For Birdie Remake

Plans are firming up for the upcoming big screen remake of Bye Bye Birdie, which is being produced by Columbia Pictures and Red Wagon Productions. Stuart Blumberg will pen the script and feature film newcomer Jon Chu will direct, according to Variety.

Blumberg, who began his professional career writing for Mad TV, received sole screenwriting credit on Keeping the Faith. He was one of the writers on The Girl Next Door, a romantic comedy scheduled to be released March 12, and wrote the screenplay for Fear Itself (based on Gordon William's The Siege of Trencher's Farm, which also served as the inspiration for Straw Dogs). Blumberg was a producer on Keeping the Faith and also serves in that capacity for Fear Itself.

Chu is a 23-year-old graduate of the University of Southern California. He is the recipient of the school's Jack Nicholson Directing Scholarship. The director garnered buzz for the shorts Silent Beats and When the Kids Are Away.

Bye Bye Birdie features a book by Michael Stewart, music by Charles Strouse and lyrics by Lee Adams. The musical tells the story of the Elvis-type rock singer who is about to be inducted into the army. Songs include "Kids," "A Lot Of Livin' To Do" and "Put On A Happy Face."

The upcoming motion picture will be the third of Bye Bye Birdie. The musical arrived on the big screen in 1963 courtesy of Columbia Pictures. The Wonderful World of Disney remade the classic in 1995 for ABC Television. According to Variety, this Birdie will have a contemporary setting and "an urban, hip-hop feel."

hmm..interesting.

[ 08-12-2003: Message edited ~*Astaldoantoiel*~ ]
Arrow #8
Old 08-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Astaldoantoiel*~:
<STRONG>

Isn't it exciting??!!??

ok..I'm thinking of a title..again, a quote from teh Tony's.

or at least Anything can happen!</STRONG>
Thats a good idea for a title! Thank you! I loved Marissa's Tony speech. She's so cute. I want to see Hairspray so badly!

Edited to say: Ooh. Bye Bye Birdie with a hip hop feel? Erm... I have mixed emotions on that.

[ 08-12-2003: Message edited Bloody Brilliant ]
Old 08-12-2003, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloody Brilliant:
<STRONG>

Thats a good idea for a title! Thank you! I loved Marissa's Tony speech. She's so cute. I want to see Hairspray so badly!

Edited to say: Ooh. Bye Bye Birdie with a hip hop feel? Erm... I have mixed emotions on that.

[ 08-12-2003: Message edited Bloody Brilliant ]</STRONG>
nice title! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Arrow #8
Old 08-12-2003, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

A hiphop Bye Bye Birdie... ick. I'm sorry, but I love the music of BBB too much. I especially love the Elvis-type songs "Honestly Sincere" and "One Last Kiss," but making them hiphoppy... ick.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by P Y R O:
<STRONG>A hiphop Bye Bye Birdie... ick. I'm sorry, but I love the music of BBB too much. I especially love the Elvis-type songs "Honestly Sincere" and "One Last Kiss," but making them hiphoppy... ick.</STRONG>
yeah..I'm not really looking forward to it..
Arrow #8
Old 08-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloody Brilliant:
<STRONG>

Thats a good idea for a title! Thank you! I loved Marissa's Tony speech. She's so cute. I want to see Hairspray so badly!</STRONG>
Sad, her last was Sunday and apparently the whole cast was bawling. Matt had to take off his jacket and undo his tie at curtain call to try and compose himself.

She should be back though. I loved her as Tracy, big bubble of energy that girl. Did anyone see them perform on the Today show this past weekend?
Old 08-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by OptimisticCynic:
<STRONG>

Sad, her last was Sunday and apparently the whole cast was bawling. Matt had to take off his jacket and undo his tie at curtain call to try and compose himself.

She should be back though. I loved her as Tracy, big bubble of energy that girl. Did anyone see them perform on the Today show this past weekend?</STRONG>
It's always so sad to hear about the people's last shows. I remeber reading the ones when Heather left Aida, and during "Radames' Letter" the letter was filled with post its from the cast. Also in the end..they hugged, it didn't just stop.

Also, with Adam's last show, they said he had tears in his eyes from the first moment he runs on stage.

This is making me cry! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Arrow #8
Old 08-13-2003, 02:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Astaldoantoiel*~:
<STRONG>
According to Variety, this Birdie will have a contemporary setting and "an urban, hip-hop feel."
</STRONG>
No [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] that's just sacrelidge!!! [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2003, 03:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by OptimisticCynic:
<STRONG>She should be back though. I loved her as Tracy, big bubble of energy that girl. Did anyone see them perform on the Today show this past weekend?</STRONG>
I saw that! They were awesome. I really want to see hairspray now. God, there are so many I haven't seen..... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Hip-hop BBB? [img]smilies/puke.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread