Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

"Pilot Junior" Discussion Thread

Didn't see a discussion open yet..

"Pilot Junior"
Thursday, October 14, 9/8c

Dino's secret about his parents' marital problems strains his relationship with Jackie, Jonathan makes a scary discovery that may prevent him from taking the next step with Deborah, while Ms. Young makes a surprising move on Ben.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the episode description, Katie. This episode sounds very good. A little more dramatic, which I think is great. I can't wait to see how his Mom's affair affects Dino. And also, I'm very curious about what Jonathan discovers, I heart Jonathan/Deborah!
And the teacher makes a move on her student. What is the world coming to? LOL.

Old 10-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Elite Fan

This episode was better than the premiere, IMO. I thought it had drama and comedy nicely roled into it.

Oh My Goodness, how friggin' hysterical was it when Jonathon thought he had penis cancer? Just his voice-overs and the doctors office. My favorite was when he told the guys at the end in order to see Dino happy again and I was cracking up along with them. The whole ordeal was too funny, and it ended up only bein a vein.

Jackie needs to go. Seriously, she is the most self-centered person on the show. And kissing another guy in front of Dino? Fine, be mad at him but don't forget you two are still dating..and you just cheated on him. Ugh. Dino needs to drop her because she doesn't seem to give a crap about him. I dislike her very much.

Oh Dino, I will comfort you. Poor thing. All this drama in his life. And it looked like an actual tear from Sean at the end in the corner of his eye. He is turning out to be a much better actor than I had percieved him to be.

I like the guys being weirded out by Dino crying. It added a touch of reality by giving them that realistic reaction (not out loud of course, but you know what I mean)

The teacher/student thing is being done nicely. I'm intrigued by it all.

Cannot wait until next week.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:29 AM
Master Fan

this show is freakin hilirous, love it......... good stuff

Hott for the teacher.....
Old 10-15-2004, 04:04 AM
Master Fan

I don't like Jackie. But I dislike Sue even more. She doesn't have what other TV show bitches have. Jackie was very irritable in this episode, but I've seen worse, so... I hope she'll get better, because as shallow as it is - she's the prettiest girl on the show, followed by Kelly, then the teacher, then the Sue chick.

I like the teacher thing. They're my favorite couple/story-line.

I liked Jonathan / Deb in the premiere but there wasn't much of them in this so I have no opinion.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Watched the second episode tonight...fell in love with the show even more. It's just so much more than your regular teen dramas.

The scene in the beginning with Dino and his mom is just...wow...Sean Farris's acting is very impressive considering it's his first major role.

The whole penis thing with Jonathan is hilarious! It's so cool to see a guy's view in things like that...and my goodness, that bathroom scene with him half naked...HOT! lol And it is so sweet of him to buy flowers for Debbie.

Jackie annoyed me this episode...but I can relate to why she's acting this way, I guess she's insecured and all, but I think it was dumb to let that college guy kiss her.

Finally, the last part with Dino breaking the news to both his friends...very touching. It's refreshing to see guys' friendship so tight. Jonathan is cute for confessing his embarrassing story just to make Dino laugh!
Old 10-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes, Jackie was horrible. He hit the wrong person. I also like the teacher storyline also. What do you guys think of Ms Osborne?
Old 10-15-2004, 01:54 PM
Passionate Fan

I really liked this episode. The pilot was kind of so so for me, but this episode was much better than I expected. It had a good balance of drama and comedy. I liked all the storylines. Dino is getting more layers to his character. I didn't like the way Jackie was acting. I loved the scene between the three guys at the end. I like Kelly Osborne in her role.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely thought this episode was better than the pilot, IMO.

I thought it was hilarious that Jonathon thought he had cancer, and it was just a vein. His nervousness in the Doctor's office and her reaction after discovering it was just a vein was priceless. LOL.

I really liked the scene between Ben and Deb. I thought they had really great chemistry. I think they could definitely become friends.

I understand Jackie being frustrated with Dino, simply because he won't tell her what's going on, but once he does she's going to feel horrible. I don't hate her, but when she kissed another guy in front of Dino..that was crossing the line.

I'll admit I was really surprised when Ben's teacher kissed him. I mean, part of me saw it coming, but she's his TEACHER! Oh, the drama!

My favorite scene of the entire episode was when Dino tells Ben and Jon about his Mom's affair. I loved Ben's line, "I swear to God, if you take another step, I'll take you down!" And Jon's, "And I'll help! I really will.."
LOL. Too funny. But mostly I loved the honesty and truth in that scene. The guys reactions were so real, and I loved that Jon sacrificed his pride to make Dino laugh. I just those three.

Old 10-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks for starting this CutieKatie. I'll top it so it's easy to find.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Chris.

I know I will probably end up giving Jackie another chance. But the whole scene where she looks at Dino before kissing the guy and she has a smug look on her face..I would have taken her out.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I really liked this episode! Jackie was starting to make me really mad though! Kissin some guy right in front of your boyfriend! MMMMK, not really! The whole Jonathon storyline was great! And the way he gave Deb flowers! Awwwwwwww! How cute! All in all, a great episode, although the teacher/student thing freaks me out a lil bit, but I'm adjusting to it!

avi credit to lovely lauren
Old 10-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Extreme Fan

This show is becomming one of my favourites! I liked this episode better than the pilot too. I really liked the end scene when Dino told the guys about his mom. I thought Sean did an excellant job. And I laughed so hard when Jonathan told them he went to the doctors because he thought he had penis cancer. I also really like Ben and his teacher, it's very intriging. Can't wait till next week!
Old 10-16-2004, 02:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

so far the show gets better and better every episode

SYDNEY: You're the point guy?

VAUGHN: I'm the point guy.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

ITA

Quote:
Originally posted by Adorable01
so far the show gets better and better every episode
and JACKIE did make me sick ...why did it have to always BE NOW..tell me now...why can't you tell me now.

I expected Jonathan to hug Dino...even though they are boys..and heck he did..at the end before they went their seperate ways home. BUT THE that the boys shared to get out of the situation of Dino's secret about his mom and the coach.

RIGHT NOW it just dawned on me that Dino's mother and Jackie both has similar qualities. His mother wants her husband to pay attention to her NOW..right now....and forget the deadlines, and work he brought home.

Dino though can't fix this marriage. I want him to not have that pain. And i want the mom to tell both the father and son that she knows there are problems but she is willing to work them out. And let Dino be a kid still.

Ben...he will keep this secret won't he..so that whatever is building up between him and Ms. Young. Afterall she helped him in the liquior store by backing up his fake id....i really thought "ooops, she is going to spill the beans"...
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.