Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-04-2004, 09:52 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Secrets and Lies - Nov 4 Episode Discussion

Secrets and Lies
When Ms. Young decides to call things off with Ben and then reconsiders, their affectionate reunion is witnessed by Jonathan. Meanwhile, Dino confesses to Michael that he wants to move out of his mom's house, and Jackie goes to an Al-Anon meeting to help herself deal with her father's alcohol problem.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

Im actually going to watch this tonight, after "The O.C." I watched a little bit of the "Pilot" and hated it. But, I think I judged it too quick. I watched the last episode recap at abc.com, so I think I should be ok. I didn't realize how many storylines/drama played out in the first few episodes. So, we'll see if I like it or not.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked this episode.

I adore Jon. He has the ability to make me laugh in nearly all of his scenes. I loved when he drew the circle in class showing Deb the difference between the 'inside' and 'outside'. Then when Deb was like, "So when we do have sex you won't tell anyone..? Like Dino or Ben?" And Jon's like, "See there's this door.."

I feel bad for Dino. He's going through a lot, and I can understand him not being able to be around his mom right now. I do think she made the right decision by going to Dino, and letting him know that she's going to be there for him no matter where he lives.

Jon/Deb just ROCK. Love them.

I liked the scene with Jackie and the kid from Al-Alon. Can't remember his name at the moment. He was so sweet, and I loved that he told her that he'd been going to school with her since 5th grade, but was lying. Too cute.

Ben/Ms.Young. I feel so bad for Ben. This is why teachers aren't supposed to get involved with their students. She started things with him, but ends them, then gives him hope again. She's messing with his head, and while their scene at the end was sweet, I think it would be best for both if they ended it.

Ok, I think that's it.

Old 11-05-2004, 02:13 AM
Elite Fan

I thought this episode was great. It had the right amount of drama and comedy, alot of shows have been getting this formula wrong so far (::cough One Tree Hill ::cough). But, yeah I like the characters, especially the guy whos having sex with the teacher. And also Dino. I feel for this kid, and also the girl with the alcoholic father. Right now I am downloading the first four episodes, so I can see it from the beginning. See all the plots unfold, and then I will comment on this episode, and the other ones.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Gawd....Dino is so hot!
I really feel bad for him...the situation he is in...

Jackie is annoying as usual...I don't think she has the right to be angry with Dino. C'mon, she's the one who broke up with him first. Geezz...

Jonathan and Deb are still the cutest pair...so funny about "inside and outside".

And now Jonathan knows about Ben and Ms. Young...oops...but hey, be thankful it's not someone else.

Can't wait for the next epi!
Old 11-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

Cool episode, its my first in watching this show. I've been having to tape it for my mom and I decided to check it out. Now I just have to see the first 3 lol.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, we have more people!

I thought it was a good episode tonnight.

I'm most excited about seeing how Jonathon knowing will affect things. I wonder if the boys are going to be a little upset that Ben didn't tell them.

Who wants to join the "Smack Jackie" thread? She annoys me. Dino needs a girl that will actually be there for him - not Zoey or Jackie.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Passionate Fan

LOVED this episode!!!

I think what sets Ben and Monica apart from the cliched student/teacher storylines is that they really care about each other-- it's not just about sex.

I wish that Dino and Jackie would come together and help each other through their problems instead of making things harder on each other. I have this sinking feeling that one of them (if not both) are headed for a nervous breakdown.

Jonathan & Deb are the funniest couple on the show.

After the preview for next week, it looks like Ben and Sue might be headed toward a relationship..
Old 11-05-2004, 05:01 PM
Passionate Fan

I love this show....it's my new must see show.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

I think something might happen with Jackie and the guy from the meeting.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by funniehunnie88
I really liked this episode.

I adore Jon. He has the ability to make me laugh in nearly all of his scenes. I loved when he drew the circle in class showing Deb the difference between the 'inside' and 'outside'. Then when Deb was like, "So when we do have sex you won't tell anyone..? Like Dino or Ben?" And Jon's like, "See there's this door.."
Omg I laughed soo hard at that scene! I love John and Deb!
Old 11-06-2004, 05:01 AM
Vi
Passionate Fan

I'm really happy with this episode. I'm still not sure how I feel about Dino -- besides the fact that he's hot. I'm starting to really enjoy the Deb/Jon dynamic. Probably because I think Jon is adorably hilarious. I loved the inside/outside conversation in the classroom. bwah.

Ben's still pretty much my fave. This Ms. Young thing, however is going to blow up in his face very badly. I can't wait for next week's episode when we'll see how Jonathan's knowing will affect everything.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Banned

Ben and Monica's relationship was sweet when it last... Things are going to come to an end. I don't ever think or would even try to believe that it was going to really last. While I love them and they had their moments, it is time to move on. Monica is acting too childish then before. Which is in part why I started to like them. They could relate. She wasn't that old and he atleast in maturity wise wasn't that young. The first time that she sees him with a girl his age she goes and does..well what she did.

Poor Dino, but come on already. There are other people to think about. Especially his younger brother. We haven't seen anything really with regards to how Dino could be helping his little bro through this. Granted he still hasn't been through it himself but as the older sibling he needs to act. I'm really not liking him and Zoey. She's seems like a "fun" girl and something he needs to get his mind off real relationships. Still, not lasting. I think he is going to want more which will be strange coming from a guy. Then she will just want some fun and he will try to get back with Jackie. However, she will be with the new guy who was introduced in the episode.

Jon was hilarious as always. He needed to say something though. Deb really was telling his business to everyone. Well, maybe it seemed like more to me from the male perspective.

What is Deb's mothers name? I keep forgetting all of the parents names. Oh, well.... I think that we might be seeing something happening between her and Dino's father. Not right away but maybe in the future if things don't work out with Dino's mother and him getting back together. I see sparks.

Next week's episode looks great. More of what we love and the begining of Sue/Ben....
Old 11-06-2004, 01:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

taped epi's

anyone have a clue where we can find on the internet episodes? i totally screwed up this week....i was taping Jack and Bobby, The new OC and then Life as We Know it....but on what?? i forgot to turn off my vcr (stupid thing why doesn't it work, if it is programmed to tape without it being turned off??? i have another one that does).....so i screwed myself big time...and it sound like it was a really good epi. Jonathan knows !!!!!! i can't wait for next week too. I bet he runs and tells Dino so they can both ask BEN everything.
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Old 11-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

another great episode, I hope this show stays on the air, because this is one of my favorite new shows of 2004.