Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2004, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

Life As We Know It #1

From the producers of the critically-acclaimed series Freaks and Geeks, Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah, and the former co-chairman of the ABC Entertainment Television Group, Stuart Bloomberg, comes a one-hour drama series based on British author Melvin Burgess’ breakthrough novel, Doing It. life as we know it defines the spirit of life through the eyes of Dino Whitman, Jonathan Fields and Ben Connor, three hormone-charged teenage boys on the brink of becoming young men. This coming-of-age story is not just about sex – which dominates their every thought – girlfriends and sports, but about how the pressures of growing up affect their attitudes toward the things and people they love, and how these experiences with their families, friends, coaches and teachers shape them into men.

Dino (Sean Faris) is a rising hockey star with athletic good looks and charisma that make him the envy of his classmates. Fascinated by his beautiful girlfriend, Jackie (Missy Peregrym), he can barely control his teenage sexual impulses. His confidence is wildly shaken when he makes a devastating discovery about the relationship of his parents, Annie (Lisa Darr) and Michael Whitman (D.B. Sweeney). Meanwhile, Jackie quietly struggles with her own sexual boundaries with Dino and relies heavily on her friends, Sue (Jessica Lucas) and Deborah (Kelly Osbourne), to maintain her willpower.

Bright, sarcastic and utterly consumed by thoughts of girls, Ben Connor (Jon Foster) is under constant pressure from his parents to achieve unattainable perfection. Ben is mesmerized by his English teacher, Ms. Monica Young (Marguerite Moreau), and is simultaneously thrilled and panicked at the thought of having a physical relationship with her.

Jonathan Fields (Chris Lowell), the least confident but most creative and grounded of the three friends, finds secret comfort in his relationship with the eccentric, full-bodied Deborah (Kelly Osbourne), because she shares his world view. Unbeknownst to each other, Deborah and Jonathan both entertain thoughts of taking their relationship to the next level, though Jonathan also worries that making things more “formal” will bring ridicule from others.

Thursday, November 18, 9/8c

"Natural Disasters" - Jonathan and Dino discover Ben's big secret. But as Ben grows tired of living a lie and develops a newfound chemistry with Sue, Ms. Young's jealousy gets way out of hand. Meanwhile, Jackie makes a new friend at an Al-Anon meeting.

"With a Kiss, I Die" - While Ben sorts out his feelings for Sue, Ms. Young tries to bring him back into their relationship, which leads him to take drastic action with the school play. Meanwhile, when Dino's fabled conquest of Zo- spreads through the school, Jackie reacts by taking things too far with her new friend.

abc.com

Last edited by Jennifer ~*Justified1/2*~; 11-10-2004 at 05:18 AM
Old 11-08-2004, 02:37 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting a spoiler thread for this show.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Welcome Now all we need is spoilers lol I can't find any.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:29 PM
New Fan

December 2
"Natural Disasters" - Jonathan and Dino discover Ben's big secret. But as Ben grows tired of living a lie and develops a newfound chemistry with Sue, Ms. Young's jealousy gets way out of hand. Meanwhile, Jackie makes a new friend at an Al-Anon meeting.

December 9
"With a Kiss, I Die" - While Ben sorts out his feelings for Sue, Ms. Young tries to bring him back into their relationship, which leads him to take drastic action with the school play. Meanwhile, when Dino's fabled conquest of Zo- spreads through the school, Jackie reacts by taking things too far with her new friend.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info, I'll edit it in. I thought it was coming back on nov 18th?
Old 11-10-2004, 05:16 PM
New Fan

I'd love it if it came back sooner! I got my information from the ABC website, though. I've been wondering why they would pull the show for sweeps.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:29 PM
MST Manager

I need this show to come on a different night. There is too much going on at 9pm on Thursday.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

I actually just started watching and got hooked. Nothing is on at 9 for me I just watch the o.c. at 8 then go to abc. Sometimes I have to tape on two tvs like on monday with las vegas and everwood.

Heres the link, scroll down and it says nov 18th LAWKI
Old 11-10-2004, 09:04 PM
New Fan

Curious! TV Guide isn't showing it listed for 11/18, and the ABC media site says that it's not showing until December, but the ABC consumer site says that it IS 11/18. My Tivo isn't showing any eps for the next two weeks.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:58 AM
Master Fan

ugh this is crazy lol
Old 11-17-2004, 12:36 AM
New Fan

Man....we're really lacking in spoilers here......come on....i know someone out there has some.... --Tee

/X\(o_O)/X\ I'm from the dark side of the rainbow.

FEAR THE PREPS!!!
Old 11-23-2004, 03:39 AM
Master Fan

Spoilers

-- life as we know it - "With a Kiss, I Die" - While Ben sorts out his feelings for Sue, Ms. Young tries to bring him back into their relationship, which leads him to take drastic action with the school play. Meanwhile, when Dino's fabled conquest of Zo- spreads through the school, Jackie reacts by taking things too far with her new friend, Matt, on "life as we know it," THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/PHIL HERSEE)

-- life as we know it - "Family Hard-ships" - Ben learns an eye-opening lesson when his older brother, Sam, comes to visit and, if only for a moment, Dino finds a reason to appreciate his mom again. Meanwhile, Michael and Mia have an awkward discussion about just how far they will go with their friendship, on "life as we know it," THURSDAY, DECEMBER 16 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/DAVID GRAY)

Pics
Old 12-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

hmm...that looks like the dude who was in final destination.
Samantha #121
Old 12-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Scripts from ABC.com:

DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE NEXT EP. DONT READ IF THIS WILL MAKE YOU NOT WATCH THE EP, DAMNIT, WE NEED OUR VIEWERS! just read if you cannot WAIT for next thursday and want to know and THEN still want to watch it all play out (parts are skipped).

Page 6

JACKIE: Yeah, thanks.

SUE: I’m going to be late for class.

Sue EXITS. Jackie and Deborah wait till she’s out of earshot.

DEBORAH: She’s so into Ben.

JACKIE: Totally.

INT. WILSON HIGH – LIBRARY – DAY

Jonathan, Ben and Dino are gathered around the same computer.

DINO (to Jonathan): You’re wrong. You’re just wrong…

BEN (to Jonathan): The facts are simple, numbers don’t lie.

JONATHAN: You’re both letting your emotions sway your critical evaluation skills!

A librarian with too many bracelets and thinning hair, MRS. ADLER, walks by, interrupting. Jonathan quickly hits the mouse.

MRS. ADLER: Boys! Your robust voices are not welcome indoors. Now, what is this argument regarding?

BEN: Well, Mrs. Adler, Dino was saying that the cotton gin was the trigger that increased mechanization in America. While Jonathan here was arguing that, in ways, the invention of the gin ultimately crippled many of the Southern states’ economies due to extended reliance on - -

MRS. ADLER: Okay, while I appreciate your fervor, let’s see if we can retain the debate with less volume.

DINO: Sure, sure.

As soon as Mrs. Adler passes, satisfied, Jonathan toggles their screen back to what they were actually fighting over.

INSERT: RATETHEDATE.com Website (A place where people are rated from one to ten on how hot they are.) The girl on the screen is rated a “5.4.”

DINO (continued): Why are you fighting this, Jonathan? A 5.4 is a good score for her. Look how she’s got fat-face. Plus her shoulders are all slumped like she’s trying to hide something.

BEN: She is. Her mashed in boobs.

JONATHAN: That’s the photograph. It’s not a fair representation of KittyGrrl1989. Any girl can buy a camera, but it’s very tough to take a good picture – to properly frame a face or light a shot…you know, accentuate the positives….

We establish a plain, nerdy kid, DONALD GURSTEIN at the computer terminal next to the, he’s been privy to this entire exchange.

BEN: Excuse me, but I think the two non-virgins have a better idea of who is hot and who isn’t. C’mon, am I right, Chang bang?

PRIVATE MOMENT – DINO

DINO: These are your best friends, they’ll totally understand. Just say: “I couldn’t get it to work…”

END OF PRIVATE MOMENT

DINO (continued): Look, Jonathan, if you ever get laid, then your vote will count.

Dino moves the mouse to type in a low score for KittyGrrl1989.

(Page 11)

JONATHAN: Dunno…

DEBORAH: Did you know about her when we were setting Ben and Sue up?

JONATHAN (panicking): We didn’t set, we weren’t…It was a “group thing!”

DEBORAH: I don’t get it. How do you not know the most basic things about your friends? I know every detail about Sue and Jackie. We tell each other everything. I mean, you see these guys constantly - - what do you talk about for ten hours a day? Sports and boobs?

JONATHAN: Not so into sports.

Deborah EXITS, exasperated, as DONALD GURSTEIN, the guy who overhead the guys in the library, quietly approaches Jonathan.

DONALD: Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, huh?

JONATHAN: What?

DONALD: Your girlfriend. She’s the feisty type. That’s hot.

JONATHAN: Uh - - thanks.

Donald reaches out his hand to shake Jonathan’s.

DONALD: Donald Gurstein. We had P.E. with Coach Needham until I got diagnosed with bone spurs…

JONATHAN: I know who you are. What’s up?

DONALD: I heard you and your friends in the library. You know, arguing about girls on that Rate-the-Date site. You were saying you have the technology to make any photo look better.

JONATHAN: So?

DONALD: So, I was wondering if, maybe you could help me out with some of your mad skills?

JONATHAN: Oh, hey, no. I don’t think so - -

DONALD: I could pay you. Like, twenty bucks?

JONATHAN: That’s real nice but…

DONALD: Look, I just want to be as cool as you, J-Man. Please! Please!

This sinks in for Jonathan, who is sick of being the butt of every joke. A beat, then:

JONATHAN: Okay. I’ll do it but you don’t need to pay me. Just e-mail me your picture.

DONALD: Really? Omigod, thank you. Thank you. Dude. You are the coolest! High five…

Donald puts his hand up in the air to be acknowledge and Jonathan hits it, excited to finally have someone to high five.

(Page 22)

DEBORAH (moved): Aw. Really?

JACKIE: Really.

INT. WILSON HIGH – LIBRARY – DAY

Dino sits at a computer terminal. He looks around, making sure he has privacy. He types in a Google-type website. At the search bar, he covertly types: IMPOTENCE. As the results start to come, he is interrupted by a handsome guy, ANDY, from his hockey team.

ANDY: What’s up, man?

Dino, caught, quickly toggles away from the web page.

DINO: Oh, uh, hey, Andy. Did you hear Coach Calfo is sick? No hockey practice today.

ANDY: Who cares? Is it true you clipped some girl on Chang’s desk?

PRIVATE MOMENT – DINO

DINO (A big sigh to the camera)

END OF PRIVATE MOMENT

DINO (continued): Please. A gentleman doesn’t have sex on a desk and tell. (then) But I will tell you, I’m gonna do her again.

ANDY: Dude! You are the man!

Andy high fives him and walks back to his friends where he shares this information. The group of guys look over at Dino appreciatively. Dino quickly gathers his books and EXITS.

(Page 45)

PRIVATE MOMENT

DINO: You and me both.

END OF PRIVATE MOMENT

INT. WILSON HIGH – AUDITORIUM – A LITTLE WHILE LATER

The crowd begins to mill in. As Jonathan is waiting for Deborah, Donald Gurstein runs over to him.

DONALD: Dude! J-Man! I’ve been looking everywhere for you!

JOANTHAN: What’s going on?

DONALD: You’re the man! That picture you fixed got this girl all into me. We were up all night IMing and I asked to meet me tonight at the play and she is going to! It’s all because of you! You changed my life! Thank you, thank you, thank you for being so cool!

JONATHAN: Would you mind telling that to Ben and Dino?

DONALD: Dude, I’ll tell the whole world.

JONATHAN: Just Ben and Dino would be fine.

INT. MICHAEL’S APARTMENT – LIVING ROOM – NIGHT

Michael, dressed for a night by himself, is in front of the TV. He has a pizza and a stack of videos.

INT. WHITMAN HOUSE – LIVING ROOM – NIGHT

Annie, dressed for a night by herself, is in front of the TV. She is picking at a couple of Chinese food containers.

INT. WILSON HIGH – AUDITORIUM – NIGHT

As the orchestra warms up, the audience trickles in.

Jonathan and Deborah are in the front row.

(Page 49)

ACT FOUR

FADE IN:

INT. WILSON HIGH – AUDITORIUM – NIGHT

The chorus of dancing MONTAGUES, Ben included, battles the dancing CAPULETS in choreographed swordplay.

ANGLE ON THE BALCONY SET

Though it is in the wings, Sue watches Ben wield his sword. She is riveted.

ANGLE ON THE AUDIENCE

Matt takes Jackie’s hand and interlocks his. Jackie seems uncomfortable.

ANGLE ON DONALD GURSTEIN AND HIS DATE

Donald sits next to his date, ASHLEE, a very pretty girl. She’s pissed off.

ASHLEE: You look nothing at all like your picture. How can you lie like that?!

ANGLE ON DEBORAH AND JONATHAN

Watching the meltdown of Donald and Ashlee.

DEBORAH: You’re playing God, Jonathan, interfering with the balance of nature. That gooney guy’s gonna get blown off and it’s because you should’ve minded your own business.

JONATHAN: Give it a sec. She just sat down.

DEBORAH: You should’ve helped him be happy with the how he looks, not turn him into someone he’s not.

JONATHAN: Maybe he can win her over with his personality…he’s a good guy.

DEBORAH: If that girl wanted a good guy, why is she trolling the Internet looking to hook up? She wants the hot guy you made up in the picture.

ANGLE ON DONALD GURSTEIN AND HIS DATE

ASHLEE: -- I mean, what were you thinking posting that picture? I would never date someone like you!

DONALD: Ashlee, please, I - -

ASHLEE: Shut up! I’m telling everyone your photo is fake and you’re, like, a four!

Ashlee exits, leaving Donald in the dust.

ANGLE BACK ON JACKIE AND MATT

Matt has his fingers interlaced with Jackie’s. He starts to kiss each knuckle.

MATT: You have the cutest little - -

JACKIE: I don’t think we should go out anymore.

INT. WILSON HIGH – AUDITORIUM – STAGE - LATER

The play is underway. Sue and Ben have electricity between them as the formal ballroom dance scene plays out.

We catch up on our audience members as they watch:

JONATHAN AND DEBORAH keep looking back at DONALD, who sits alone.

JACKIE AND MATT playing the ignoring game.

DINO still making out with Zoe. At this point, no one is even paying attention to them.

(Page 54)

PRIVATE MOMENT – DINO

DINO: No, no, no, no, no! This is not happening again! (commanding) Go! Do it! Do your thing! Now! (then, pleading) Come on, please, please…

END OF PRIVATE MOMENT

Zoe kisses him on his neck, his chin, goes for an ear…

ZOE: Just relax, Dino. Don’t worry about it. It’s not your fault…

PRIVATE MOMENT – DINO

DINO: It’s totally my fault! Who else’s fault is it?

END OF PRIVATE MOMENT

Dino pulls away from Zoe a little harshly.

DINO (continued): Look, you just don’t do it for me, okay?

He gets up and gets out of the car, not closing the door and leaving a very hurt and confused Zoe.

EXT. WILSON HIGH – PARKING LOT – NIGHT

Still within earshot of Zoe, Dino runs into Andy. Andy assesses the situation.

ANDY: Dino, dude! First, you nail her on Chang’s desk and now you’re hitting that in the parking lot?

DINO: Yeah, I hit that.

Dino high fives Andy and keeps on walking.

As we see Zoe’s hurt expression in the car…

END OF SIDES

Here's a spoiler for the "Family Hardships" episode...

EXT. MS. YOUNG’S MOTHER HOUSE – NIGHT

The front door opens. Steve kisses Ms. Young goodbye, then leaves. She closes the door. Ben watches from the curb, still sitting across from Steve’s car. Steve sees Ben stand.

BEN: What the hell was that?

STEVE: Look, bro, she called me.

BEN: Like this matters. You said you wouldn’t do this.

STEVE: I know but she’s a hottie. You should know better than anyone. What was I supposed to do?

BEN: Anything but sleep with her.

STEVE: It’s a guy code thing. Hot action trumps all.

BEN: Being brothers trumps all.

STEVE: You can’t call dibs on the whole world.

BEN: I wasn’t. I was only doing it with one person.

Steve shakes his head, losing his patience.

STEVE: Grow up already.

BEN: What?

STEVE: Get over it. She’s just a girl.

BEN: You’re a thingy.

Ben grabs his bike, starts to walk off. Steve jogs after.

STEVE: Hey man, wait…wait…

Ben ignores him as Steve catches up

STEVE: Don’t be like this. Listen, it’s early, we can still hit the club. What do you say? E can pick up Sue if you want. Hell, I’ll even let you drive.

Ben shuts it out as he gets on his bike and peddles away.

STEVE: Okay, whatever. Be like that.

Steve watches Ben go.

ANGLE – BEN

Ben is on his bike, shell shocked, as Steve recedes into the distance.

So that's the eye-opening lesson.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread