Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"Family Hard-Ships" Discussion Thread

Ben learns an eye-opening lesson when his older brother, Sam, comes to visit and, if only for a moment, Dino finds a reason to appreciate his mom again. Meanwhile, Michael and Mia have an awkward discussion about just how far they will go with their friendship.

Who's excited for tonight's episode?

Old 12-17-2004, 01:12 AM
Master Fan

oh, me!

I wish I wasn't distracted by this pesky research paper I have to write though....
Samantha #121
Old 12-17-2004, 01:13 AM
Loyal Fan

they *****ing pre-empted it again.
I hate Iowa.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:17 AM
Master Fan

i'd check the TV guide channel, or the menu if you have digital cable, to see if they're showing it later on tonight or in the morning.

but yeah, it sucks that they pre-empted it again.
Samantha #121
Old 12-17-2004, 01:58 AM
Absolute Fan

i just knew from the beginning that sam was going to break ben's heart. I mean he looked up to him so much and i thought it was so cute how he was ready to show sue off to his brother

Jackie, awww i really feel bad for her, i thought the acting for her was really good for her tonight that last few minutes of the show... aww i just felt bad for her.

Deborah and jonathan, cute as always, i just love them together and how they relate to each other!

over all good episode, i think the brother relationship between ben and sam was my favorite part. i don't know why, just really got me

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
Old 12-17-2004, 02:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

Tonight's ep was very cute. It felt like it was missing something, but I don't know what that is. Still, very good television.

Lurving the Michael/Mia action -- those two...and yeah, I did feel bad for Jackie, even though I never really liked her. I get how she feels, and it made me sad for her, 'cause I feel that way about basically every guy that's broken my heart...and they all have. Bastards.

The boys, as usual, are cuteness. They just can't help themselves.

Yeah, wasn't feeling the "take that, Dino, you asshat" vibe tonight...if she seduced him and only expected sex from him, what was she pissed about? I don't get it. Zoe's a loser.

Aww...Dino/Annie bonding. I think it is time to at least start the healing process. I still don't like what she did, but she is trying to make it better.

The Ben/Mumsie & Daddums scene was priceless. He's such a homebody.

Over-all good ep tonight.

I DON'T WANT TO WAIT THREE WEEKS FOR A NEW ONE!!!

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 12-17-2004, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't want to wait either, Janine!

I really liked this episode, it made me all teary at certain parts..but I'm just a big softie.

Ben/Sue- Still loving these two. I loved their conversation by the locker, and then the random kid teasing them about the kiss- too cute. I wasn't mad at Ben about how he acted with Sue, because I know he just really wanted her to meet his brother.

Deb/Jon- Loved these two, as always. They just work so well together. I loved the scene by the lockers where Jon broke their plans, and couldn't believe she wasn't mad. Then she said she was breaking the plans too, and they were both like 'And you're not mad..?" Cuteness.

Michael/Mia- I really love these too! I loved the scene where Michael is admitting the kiss wasn't about the wine, and it turns out Annie was there so she was like 'Oh.. Your washing detergent right?' Smooth Mia.

The Guys- LOVE THEM. I'm just a sucker for their friendship. I loved their interaction in the beginning of the episode. And I also loved that Jon defended Dino against the boss. Aw, I love Jon. He's such a sweetheart.

The Girls- Loved that Jackie/Deb were playing Scrabble..too cute. And Jackie's "backne" I must admit Jackie was more tolerable in this episode. I think because, like Janine said, she's just brokenhearted and I can understand that. LOVED when they broke into Dino's and Jackie tripped.. it was all really playful and cute.

-I love Ben even more than I already did, for being a complete Momma's boy. I loved the hug and the 'I'm Sorry'. So sweet. And him watching the movie with the rents'. What a cutie.

-Loved the Dino/Annie bonding at the end. Even though I wasn't a fan of Annie's in the beginning. I feel bad for her, she just loves her son and wants to reconnect with him.

That is all. I'm chatty because I'm trying to avoid Midterms.

Old 12-17-2004, 03:31 AM
Master Fan

It was a really good episode tonight.

Ben is the greatest I felt so bad for him that his brother was such a jerk. I thought it was so sweet at the end that he was watching the movie with his mom and dad and that he told his my I'm sorry and hugged her so sweet.

I wanted more Ben/Sue but I guess we get that in 3 weeks

Jon/Deb are so sweet

I'm glad that Dino's mom helped him out and they went and had pizza together
Old 12-17-2004, 03:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Everyone summed up my feeling on Ben and Sue perfectly Can't wait to see this progress. It's just too cute. I really hope they don't screw this up!

Ben hugging his mom was cute. He is so different from his brother so when he freaked at his dad with his mom listening in the other room, you could see the regret on his face. When he apologized - too sweet. I like the fact that he is good to his Mom.

I agree that Jackie is becoming more tolerable. She was less bitchy in this episode and it was easier to feel sympathetic towards her. I hope she and Dino end up back together. He was really surprised and happy when she said she was looking for him.

I was also proud of Dino for calling after his mom to ask her if she wanted to grab a bite to eat. That was incredibly nice of him and I'm starting to think better of him as time goes on.

Jonathan was SO freaking cute in this episode. When he picked up for Dino I was just grinning ear to ear. And how he was teaching Dino how to fold the clothes right.

And I CAN'T forget when the girl was trying clothes on in the store and she seductively asks what he thinks - "(voice cracks) I have a girlfriend" (walks away)

Now I know what you all are thinking, "Josh bought the Usher CD and all of the sudden he thinks he's in Night at the Roxbury"... close but not true. - Josh Partington
Old 12-17-2004, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

I thought it was a great episode. I liked how everything turned out, Jackie admitting to liking Dino and Bens sorrow and jealousy. It was soo cute when he was watching tv with his parents.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fifth Element
Tonight's ep was very cute. It felt like it was missing something, but I don't know what that is. Still, very good television.

Lurving the Michael/Mia action -- those two...and yeah, I did feel bad for Jackie, even though I never really liked her. I get how she feels, and it made me sad for her, 'cause I feel that way about basically every guy that's broken my heart...and they all have. Bastards.

The boys, as usual, are cuteness. They just can't help themselves.

Yeah, wasn't feeling the "take that, Dino, you asshat" vibe tonight...if she seduced him and only expected sex from him, what was she pissed about? I don't get it. Zoe's a loser.

Aww...Dino/Annie bonding. I think it is time to at least start the healing process. I still don't like what she did, but she is trying to make it better.

The Ben/Mumsie & Daddums scene was priceless. He's such a homebody.

Over-all good ep tonight.

I DON'T WANT TO WAIT THREE WEEKS FOR A NEW ONE!!!

ITA! I saw no purpose or reason for what Zoe did to Dino. She is a loser no doubt about that. I also liked the bonding between Dino and Annie. She knows that she screwed up but she still loves her sons and of course he loves her as well.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Loyal Fan

This episode was fantastic!! I'm trying not to get hooked, because I fear cancellation.

First off, Jonathan is the cutest guy ever. Ever. I just love Jon/Deb together, its really refreshing in the midst of all the drama.

I feel bad for Dino's mother, he was essentially using her to get what he wanted and all she wants is forgiveness. Still, I don't think she can really deserve forgiveness until she gives justification for cheating.

Ben and Sue are great together, it just clicks! (The previews are making me angry...its just too soon!)

Jackie really made me shed some tears. She was just so vulnerable about everything, and since I don't like her too much, it made her more human. I love the fact that the guys and the girls have their support groups.

And WHY WHY WHY did they move lawki to the same time slot as the O.C.??? Its suicide!!
Old 12-17-2004, 09:50 PM
New Fan

Dino/Annie - I loved the end, but it really did annoy me what he tryed to do at the house about the skates, because he knew that his mom feelt guily for everything. And then when she came to visit him in the store he seems to always ignore her when there are girls around. Lisa Darr= Amazing actress she is good. anyhow i loved the end.

Debs mom/Dinos dad - WoW! to bad deb didnt get the chance to go into that room can you guess how upset deb would be. But i really dont like these 2 together bleh!

Jackie - Wow, she was amazing i really feelt sorry for her when she said "i've been pretending all my life" that cry seen was awesome made me like her even more!! And to see how supportive friends she got awesome.

Ben/parents/brother/sue - is it just me or do i hate his brother, such a bad person to look up to im glad that ben finally saw that miss young is a total b**ch seriously!! love bens parents alltho they are a little overprotective. Sue love her and ben together!! she did get a little annoyed on Ben. lol but hopefully that will change eh?

This show is so freakin real i so love it i can relate to it so much!
Old 12-18-2004, 12:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sick little jag
i'd check the TV guide channel, or the menu if you have digital cable, to see if they're showing it later on tonight or in the morning.

but yeah, it sucks that they pre-empted it again.
They ended up airing it at midnight. I stayed up even though I had an 9:30 final. I was just really angry, because they pre-empted it for a program they had already aired. It is so ridiculous. I think certain affiliates want to kill this show. Did anyone else have my problem?
I loved the episode though, and it was well worth the lack of sleep. I even managed to get 2 of my friends hooked on it. Yay more lawki lovers! And yay, benandsue!
Old 12-18-2004, 01:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, and I just remembered when Jonathan's dad confronted him about his "prescription." He looked so freaked when his dad was talking about it!

Now I know what you all are thinking, "Josh bought the Usher CD and all of the sudden he thinks he's in Night at the Roxbury"... close but not true. - Josh Partington