Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2005, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikes Angel
Anyways yeh when i heard about Rani Mukerjee and Govinda i was like "WHAT!" shes soo beautifull and hes... not and hes like 100 years older than her!, But you cant choose who you fall in love with!
That's very true, we can't - but he still creeps me out...I can't help it!

OTB - that sounds kind of interesting, really - I'm definitely going to see that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navami
Hi
OTB BTW not sure if its true, Rani , let Govinda stay at her appartment when he left home /wife. She (Rani) was not even in town at that time. They are pretty good friends and he is very much liked by all !!
That's very sweet of her to let him stay there during trouble, and I'm not doubting he's a nice guy, he just sort of squicks me - sorry. I didn't mean to offend you if you're a fan of his. Everyone has different tastes.

Isn't there someone here who's mom really likes Govinda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebalance
there is also this really strange programme on star where wannabe designers have to design an outfit for kareena to wear to an premiere. its quite good to watch and despite initially not being a kareena fan she seems nice in it and hardly wears any make up and yet looks really good.
That's an odd premise for a show, but as I'm really getting into Kareena it sounds kind of fun (like you I didn't care for her at first).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa
Does anyone here watch Showbiz India? Is it just me or are the presenters very fake and unnatural? I don't know but they just really annoy me - they ought to learn a thing or two from AVS.
I love the show (so much better and more informative than AVS), but I have to agree - their announcers are wooden, rush their lines, and are almost unintelligible. I don't know what it is. Even the semi-cheesy local Hindi shows are better presented.

Still, as I said - as far as overall information and format I think it's pretty superior.

I haven't watched it in weeks although I usually watch it 'religiously' and even tape it if I'm going to miss it - but I've been sick and I just don't have the energy. Plus, they changed the schedule so it doesn't fit my lifestyle as well (it's on late, now).

OTB - I actually loved Veer-Zaara, but then I went to the theater with friends, it was a huge 'party' and everyone had a wonderful time. It had a lot to do with atmoshpere, you know? If I watched it at home I wouldn't have had as much fun, I'm pretty sure.

navami - I totally want to see Dev and love the music. The previews always looked so good, but tough to watch.

If you get a chance, please feel free to send me a PM about Bewaafa - I want to know the specifics of what happens in this version of the story (and yeah, you spelled it correctly), but I don't want anyone else to get spoiled if they don't want to. I'd really appreciate it.

And I only speak and read Sanskrit from back in my grad school days! Didn't help me at all when I went to India.

So I finally watched Lakshya and I have to say that it was so much better than I was led to believe. It was subtle, which was a nice change, and I found myself drawn in despite everything. I cared about all the characters and the battle scenes didn't bore me - for once they made sense because I don't know that much about Kargil (it happened right after I left India), and it's hard to relate unless you follow an individual's storyline.

Sure, it was glossy, etc., but it wasn't such an incredible downer like LOC, which was too overwhelming, you know?

Next up (I hope) I finally get to see Mujse Shaadi Karoge. Since I'm still sick at home I can't go to the theater.

My LJ for Movies

Last edited by shrrshrr; 05-28-2005 at 11:54 PM
Old 05-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, i finally watched waqt and really enjoyed it.

ok yes it is a family drama, but the film is done really well and the comedy scenes that normally annoy me in other films actually made me laugh, the end is sad though and if you watch it keep the tissues ready. i would recommend watching this film at least once!

also has anyone seen the trailers for dus, i love the song dus bahane!
Old 05-30-2005, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

Hi
I heard Waqt is really good. The theatre closest to my home closed down and now I can't watch movies. I really wanted to watch Bunty aur Bubly this weekend and thats how I found out about the theatre.
No, shrrshrr I am so not a fan of Govinda . I heard that he is a good human being tho'. I have watched just one of his movies Chhote Sarkar . He was funny , but the movie was not .
OTB I am from Bombay (born and brought up) .And came to the US some years back.
Dus looks interesting and the picturisation of the songs look good too. AB jr is everywhere this summer . Hope he does not get over-exposed . Same with Rani .
Shrrshrr Dev is a very good movie and worth watching. Did I repeat myself
I just started re- watching Dhoom
Old 05-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

Oh, good - I didn't want to offend you.

I forgot I wanted to put Dhoom in my NetFlix queue! *goes off to update list*

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-31-2005, 02:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, thanks for answering my question navami, i loved visiting bombay but cant imagine what it would be like to live there.

waqt was really good and i am glad i bought the movie, i wouldnt mind watching it again.

is abhishek going to be in alot of films this summer, he in another one who like kareena i didnt initially like but now think is a good actor. he also looks alot better recently, maybe its the confidence.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

Hi
Shrrshrr Is netflix worth it for hindi movies ? Every summer we join it and watch english movies and get up to date
OTB It was really fun growing up in Bombay. The hustle and bustle , friends, movies, crowd and spotting a movie star once ina while etc, etc. But now I don't think I can live there. I have to visit Bombay while in India. To shop and stuff. But now its too crowded and takes forever to get anywhere. Travelling by bus and train is unthinkable now.
BTW is anybody thinking of the new thread title ? I know we have a few more posts to go ...
I was thinking of 'Hindi Movies from A to Z. Amithab to Zeenat.' I couldn't find anybody recent (female) name starting with Z. What do you think ?
Just a thought.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hi all! I haven't seen any Hindi films. lately, nothing I've really wanted to see. I'm looking forward to Bunty aur Bubli, but i've heard mixed reviews on that one. I thought Waqt looked average in it's previews, but maybe i'll check it out. I haven't seen anything about Dus, but I'll keep an eye out. I might be going to Asia this summer too so I hope to pick up some movies while I'm there, I still haven't seen Dhoom.

navami I like the title.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, what about amitabh to zayed (khan), this way one of the best oldest actors to zayed khan who is really new and just starting in the industry?

waqt is definately worth watching, while i have been hearing mixed reviews on bunty aur bubli.

as for dus, i am sure this is the movie that was due to release a long time ago but the director died whilst shhoting it and it got postponed, originally it starred salman khan, raveena tandan, shilpa shetty and sunjay dutt - now it is being released with some same actors, shilpa and sunjay and some new, abhishek and zayed and esha.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

Hi
I thought the title must have a male and a female name . The female name I thought of is Perizaad Zorabian .( Morning Raaga, Joggers Park) Her last name(surname) starts with ' Z'. Hence I thought of Zeenat .
I also read that B&B is good in the first half and kind of slows down after that.
Waqt is still running in theartres, but an hour's drive away !!
OTB I had the same feeling with Kareena at first, but she grew on me after a while.
I am sure everybody must be aware that Sunil Dutt and Ismail Merchant passed away ? May they rest in peace .
Avs talked about SD and his movies, politics, family and will have IM's last interview next week.

Last edited by navami; 05-31-2005 at 03:12 PM
Old 05-31-2005, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebalance
hi, thanks for answering my question navami, i loved visiting bombay but cant imagine what it would be like to live there.

is abhishek going to be in alot of films this summer, he in another one who like kareena i didnt initially like but now think is a good actor. he also looks alot better recently, maybe its the confidence.
I totally agree with both these statements - I loved Bombay but couldn't live there (still, I'd visit again in a heartbeat), and I think both Abishek and Kareena have improved by leaps and bounds over the last two years or so - could definitely be confidence (and they're both better looking now, too).

Quote:
Hi
Shrrshrr Is netflix worth it for hindi movies ? Every summer we join it and watch english movies and get up to date
Yep, I think so - they're getting better...probably because the big Hindi movie service like NetFlix closed down (and they were both based here in California). I suspect there's a greater demand for Hindi movie titles because they've increased their stock recently.

But if you especially like older films then it's terrific. The only thing - I'm not sure how they are for movies in other dialects as I'm not familiar with them.

They also have many of the new releases that were blockbusters - for example, I've got Mujse Shaadi Karoge and Lakeer in my queue, but Dhoom is still not available (although you can save it, they don't have enough copies to rent them out, yet).

So yeah - I'd do it if I were you.

Also, great thread title - I don't care who you all choose for the 'z' name...whichever you decide on should be fine.

spazzie - where are you going this summer? Sounds fun!

Quote:
I am sure everybody must be aware that Sunil Dutt and Ismial Merchant passed away ? May they rest in peace .
Avs talked about SD and his movies, politics, family and will have IM's last interview next week.
Oh! No, I hadn't heard that, but as I said I haven't been watching the Hindi movie shows these last 2 1/2 months. Guess I should get back into it...

My LJ for Movies
Old 06-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, yeah i heard about sunil dutt, they postponed the music release of dus out of respect as sanjay dutt stars in it.

cant think of any female actresses with names beginning with z, so maybe go with zeenat for the title.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

Hi
It just came to me , Amrita (Rao) to Zayed ( Khan) ?

I was not a fan of Sunil Dutt, pretty much before my time .He is often potrayed as a very sincere man /actor/ father. He was the one who got Sunjay into rehab for drug addiction and stood by him thru' his worst time .
India abroad had some pics of the funeral and it looks like almost everybody from bollywood was there .
Old 06-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Time for a new thread, guys.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, you also have amrita arora, or amisha patel (not that any of us like her) or how could i forget aishwarya rai!!

will hopefully watch lucky this weekend, the only film i really want to see at the moment is parineeta - the trailers make it look really good and the songs are good too.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

OMG How could I forget Ash !! We can go with that Sounds good !!
I also want to see Parineeta. Its a remake , but I have not heard or seen it. The songs do sound good and the actors are likeable too.
I won't get to see any movie this weekend. Have to travel some distance to see a friend.
OTB if you do get to watch Lucky let us know how you liked it. I like watching Salman Khan 's movies. Bad or good movie he is watchable. JMO.