Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion ~ Wedding Bell Blues ~ GG 5.13 (repeat)

Episode 5.13 -
"Wedding Bell Blues (100th Episode)"
Tuesday , February 08 2005 Fresh Episode
8:00 - 9:00 PM ET

THE 100TH EPISODE/RICHARD AND EMILY RENEW THEIR VOWS - The night before Richard (Edward Herrmann) and Emily (Kelly Bishop) renew their vows, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Rory (Alexis Bledel) feel obligated to throw Emily a bachelorette party. At the ceremony the following day, Rory tells Logan (Matt Czuchry) she wants a relationship with him even though he's not ready to commit. Later, when Lorelai, Luke (Scott Patterson) and Christopher (David Sutcliffe) discover Rory and Logan together, half-dressed, the shocking scene leads to an angry confrontation between Luke and Christopher. A furious Lorelai figures out that Emily invited Christopher in an attempt to break up her relationship with Luke. Melissa McCarthy and Keiko Agena also star. The episode was written and directed by Amy Sherman-Palladino

100th episode... chat away

Last edited by Lost in Translation; 04-12-2005 at 08:29 AM
Old 02-09-2005, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Let's see where to begin...*ponders* Oh yeah, my mom blabbed during partys of it. That's it! Tonight I tape the west wing (so I don't miss any) and blab at her. Bah! I did enjoy the dance...."what do they mean "totsie"?" Watch the show and shut up! Okay, sorry for the rant. I'll be back with my impressions after I watch it in it's entirity.
ETA (many hours later): Did Luke notice the guy telling all couples in love to dance or did he want to talk for another reason?
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope

Last edited by Lost in Translation; 02-09-2005 at 03:22 PM
Old 02-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was really good up until the end. I loved the Luke/Lorelai dance. I thought it was really great when Luke was yelling at Logan and Chris for never being there for Rory. Loved that someone finally told Chris off.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I felt the same way. By the way: Where was Chris all those times? Even though he and Lorelai weren't together, they still could've done the parenting thing together. Okay, that was a prime example of Chris bashing and I'm not going to do that anymore (well at least until I really hate him). Back to the discussion at hand, I loved the dance...I'm still pissed that my mom made me miss the band leader asking all those who are in love to join Emily/Richard on the dance floor. But as long as she doesn't make me miss the actual ILY I'll be okay.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Total Fan

This episode was so incredibly well-done. I love Amy's style of directing - it is surprisingly very subtle.

One of the best scenes, I thought, was leading up to the vows, where you just see everyone's faces, and they speak volumes. The motion of the camera when Chris arrives... simply beautiful.

Loved Luke calling Chris out on his terribly parenting. Luke was so right in that tirade, he has been more of a father to her than anyone in her life. He does deserve the right to care about Rory.

I really feel for Luke in this episode. He was trying so hard to just make the night work even though they were treating him like crap! He does absolutely nothing wrong to deserve this treatment!

Lorelai was entirely in the wrong not to tell Luke until it was clear she might get caught, it was a terrible decision.

On the fun side, Babette scaring Luke the next morning, after the party... hilarious.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I need to rewatch it for a few reasons. Luke you're totally right about Lorelai being in the wrong to not tell Luke until she was faced with getting caught. She didn't want him to feel shanghai'd, but wouldn't her telling him at that point make him feel, oh...I don't know, shanghai'd?
Old 02-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's exactly my point. I was totally ranting at Lorelai's obliviousness to the fatc that she was shanghaiing Luke at that moment. I guess she felt it would be better for Luke to be shangai'd by her than by Chris.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What was your fav part (scene) of Wedding Bell Blues?
Old 02-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Seeing Emily drunk on rum and coke.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, they're repeating it tonight, and usually I haven't brought on the discussion for repeats, but this was a special episode so I've decided to top it. Happy posting.