Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-15-2005, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Luke in 5.14 Say Something (Spoiler Warning)

Lorelai (Lauren Graham) is frantic after the disastrous scene at wedding, and begs Luke (Scott Patterson) not to give up on their relationship. However, Luke's decision that he needs time alone leaves Lorelai devastated. Stranded at Yale without her car, Rory (Alexis Bledel) is so worried about Lorelai's depressed state that she borrows Logan's (Matt Czuchry) limo and driver and heads home to Stars Hollow to care for her mom. Meanwhile, Taylor (Michael Winters) has the whole town talking sides on the Lorelai/Luke relationship.
(Cortesy: The WB)
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 02-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Extreme Fan

I am so curious about Luke doing all the emotional stuff
~ KEEPER OF ~ "He called me hotplates.He sooo likes me" Luke checking out Lorelai`s butt Luke & Lorelai's passionate kiss on their first Valentine's Day Luke and Lorelai having MMS during the first snow of season Luke stroking Lorelai's hair and kissing her forehead in WITS ~ she needs his coffee,he needs her smile ~(Luke&Lorelai) ° We have to protect our heart cause it's fragile °
****************************** JAVA JUNKIES FOREVER ******************************
Old 02-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm curious too. He's been more open about emotions this year, but this is going to be big.

Last edited by Lost in Translation; 02-15-2005 at 02:29 PM
Old 02-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't know why but I think that the way SCott will use his voice to express his emotions will be heartwrenching
~ KEEPER OF ~ "He called me hotplates.He sooo likes me" Luke checking out Lorelai`s butt Luke & Lorelai's passionate kiss on their first Valentine's Day Luke and Lorelai having MMS during the first snow of season Luke stroking Lorelai's hair and kissing her forehead in WITS ~ she needs his coffee,he needs her smile ~(Luke&Lorelai) ° We have to protect our heart cause it's fragile °
****************************** JAVA JUNKIES FOREVER ******************************
Old 02-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by javajunkie24
I don't know why but I think that the way SCott will use his voice to express his emotions will be heartwrenching
He's got a moving voice, that's for sure. The way he says "Lorelai" for example drives people insane (or, at least it did). And the way he sounded when he apologized to Lorelai in BNACAP.
I'm going to ave my junkfood and tissues ready for tonight. And I'll be ready for bed, probably tucked under a blanket too.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Extreme Fan

have fun .I can watch the epi tomorrow evening when I downloaded it
Old 02-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Lauren was incredible. she so needs an Emmy.

Here is my thoughts:
Hey guys I just watched the eppisode for the second time. Man I can't stop crying. Luke and Lorelai will get back together, I know this and I hope it is soon. I was ok through most of the eppy untill when Lorelai called Luke amd started talking about the movie she watched. OMG talk about bawling... Next week looks like a good eppisode also but before people start calling Lorelai a bitch she is not she is just hurt and mad that is why she was acting like that in next weeks eppy. She is mad at the hole world right now not just Luke. She feels like every one she loves except Rory and Sookie is turning there back on her. Emily is such a bitch for what she did in getting Christopher to brake Luke and Lorelai up. I feel bad for both of them. Luke still love's Lorelai if he didn't he would not have came to her house when he got the call. Sookie so had it on the money about Luke and Lorelai being made for eachother.

Logan and Rory are really starting toi grow on me Logan is looking better and better in my eyes. Rory's new hair due looks so pretty. it looked like she dyed it in the trailor for next week.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was so sad. I can't believe that they really broke up, I hope that it won't last long.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:26 AM
Total Fan

Wow... I'm still recovering from last night episode...
Old 02-16-2005, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I... I still can't believe it!
I started crying when Lorelai said to Luke "I'm all in." .. that scene was... whoa..
and I knew that Luke will come to her house.. he cares for her a lot.. and i him for this... *sigh*
Old 02-16-2005, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't tape it last night, but I'm taping it tonight. I didn't cry. Am I evil? I felt so incredibly sad, but I couldn't cry.
I loved how Rory marched into the market and made Taylor hand over the ribbons. Grr, that really peeved me that Taylor would do such a thing. I also have expectyed Rory to lay it into Luke from the Limo...I'm glad she didn't though.
I'm hoping that when I rewatch Gilmore Girls I'll be able to cry.
As for the promo: Lorelai's hurt and she's probably lashing out at the one who caused her to be hurt. Mandy's right...Lorelai feels like the whole world is turning her back on her except for Rory and Sookie.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Absolute Fan

I just saw the episode there now, was so heartwrenching. The way Luke looked at the end as he walked away, that would have been a great time for an ILY from her. Lauren Graham was amazing here, she played the part so well, every facial expression done to perfection and if she doesn't get an Emmy for this then they really need to get some more people in to judge. Scott played the part really well here, in the movie theatre at the start you could really see it. I just am keeping the L/L faith that they will get back together soon... I am unbelievably tempted to read the spoilers board just to see when they reunite!!

Btw Janet I didn't cry either, don't really cry about TV or movies so it wasn't unusual but it was still really sad for me too.

L/S support #1 ~ L/L supporter #20 ~ WYMM Supporters #48 ~ ILY supporter #94

Old 02-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Total Fan

This episode was truly superb, for me the all-time favorite. Beautiful and emotional.
So many wonderful and heartbreaking moments!

The scene from theater with Lorelai trying to explain/apologize to Luke. The way he listened to whatever she had to say.
Her pain as soon she began to understand how hurt is Luke. The despair from her eyes, the way she looked at Luke again not ready to leave, yet.
And once again, the obsessive blue blood and blue collar parallel!

The discussion from the kitchen with Sookie (nice and wonderful parallel with their discussion from the first episode of the season)
Lorelai's amazing line "I don't want to have just an ending with Luke"

The Doose's scene... absolutely heartbreaking. Lorelai almost realizing for the very first time that she could potentially lose Luke.
Lorelai practically begging him to understand that nothing happen between she and Chris.

"If you care anything for me at all... please trust me on this"

His acknowledgement that Lorelai just can't cut people out of her life, especially when they are family.

"I need more time, I told you that"

She franticly asking him "When... where?"

She was exactly in the place I've always wanted to see her in with Luke - her being the one with her feelings out on the line, her being the one all in.

"I'm afraid of this more time"
"I want a middle"

Absolutely heartbreaking... and the way Lauren Graham acted... simply awesome. This was her episode.

Listen closely the tone of her voice, almost whispering, so privately, so intimately saying only for him, with her heart wide open in front of him:

"Luke I'm all in... I'm all in... Please trust me! Let me show you what a great girlfriend I can be!"

He just seemed so sad and weary and emotionally drained. And his resolution:

"I can't be in this relationship it's too much"

Her world collapsing :

"No" still not believing that everything it's over!

And she just standing there... that was the moment I completely believed and felt her pain!

Later her "He could have been the one!" only underlined the true color of her pain.

In a quiet and almost shy way, Rory try to encourage her mom:

"Mom this isn't you, laying in bed like this... you should be up!"

The dream... very intriguing Amy's analogy with previous dreams... the clues she left behind, almost like predictions about the future!
The superb dream sequence shot in black and white. symbolic and surreal and so amazingly visual.

Lorelai's softer "Say something" and then the louder and angrier "Say something" was pure poetry!

The last scene left me with the impression that maybe Luke didn't intend to break up with Lorelai, he only wanted to have some time to think about their relationship now that he was fully aware of the Lorelai's family baggage!

But when Lorelai said she wouldn't bother him anymore and respect his decision and space, the reality of the break up hit him full force and we saw that "what have I done" look on his face!

In the end, ASP & DP left them and the audience as well, feeling hurt and miserable!

Last edited by Lands; 02-17-2005 at 08:23 AM
Old 02-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That post was beautiful. Luke you truly do have a way with words. I'll rewatch GG tonight or tomorrow morning and I'll get a more complete picture of my thoughts and feelings on the episode posted here.
I do know that I was upset last night, as I kept sighing in sadness afterwards.
Cat I cried during the boat scene in BNACAP; but I may have been overly emotional at the time (It also took a few viewings before I cried). The other possibility is that I know what Luke is going through, but I don't know the heartbreak that Lorelai's going through.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Total Fan

Thank you Janet, for me this was the best Gilmore Girls episode ever!