Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Katie Holmes and Chris Klein Break Engagement

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...e_katie_holmes
Old 03-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for bringing that over. I feel bad for Katie.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

I just heard about that. I'm deeply saddened.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 03-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

I heard about it like three hours ago....I was really shocked,does anyone know where did that came from???
SeeBones#63 SwingSetter YoBlinger#50 Snickers ZooBaby#43 SMACked#20 TrueLover#153
JavaJunkie FerryBoater#176 Exhibitionist#136 Copulator#184 Masochist Savior#167
Old 03-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have to say that in a way I'm not surprised that this has finally happened. Any relationship expert will tell you that if a man doesn't ask you to marry him within a year then the marriage probably won't happen but then again he isn't necessarily talking about two actors who's careers are flourishing. I do still think that if they were going to get married that it would have happened shortly after DC ended just like what Kerr and James did. James however didn't live in Wilmington the last what few years of the show but in LA close to Heather but Katie still lived in Wilmington which meant her time with Chris was limited. So, I think that in light of that it was wise for them to actually be in the same town with one another for awhile to see if they really were meant to be married and all of that. I am disheartened because I liked them together as a couple but on the flip side it is best they do this now then end up divorced. I like Chris and think that he was a good match for Katie because anyone that ends up with Katie will have to probably learn how to be Mr. Holmes unless they are more successful then she is in Hollywood by then. I'm not saying she will be that famous or anything in the future because I indeed view her career to be short lived over the next few years. This whole thing lends credence to why Katie's ring has gone on and off her hand the last few months and why some incidents that have been reported may have indeed been true.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Administrator

In some ways, this is a surprise, but in other ways, it isn't, because I feel that being in glare of the media like Katie and Chris have been subjected to can put a lot of pressure on a relationship, and the relationships of many couples have fallen by the wayside because of it. I also feel that it's better for a couple to break their engagement then it is for them to get married and end up getting divorced, like, most recently, Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm not surprised they broke up but I am surprised at the timing I figured it would've been earlier. I mean they had a year long engagement and not married right away I mean like Kerr and James did. Plus Katie's career was taking off, Chris's not so much I'm sure played a role. That and all the stories that are coming out not too much of a leap.

Its nice that the ended things before they got married saves them a future divorce. I'm glad that they're split is amicable most folks in Hollywood aren't nearly as mature.

Hey now maybe she can hook up with Josh....

Kidding
Old 03-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh! I really feel bad for Katie . I didn't know much about her relationship with Chris but it has been a long one. But, like everyone already said, it's better to break the engagement now than endure a divorce later.

Well, I live in France and, over there, we really don't know Chris Klein besides through his playing in "American Pie", but maybe it's just me. If he hadn't dated Katie, I wouldn't even know him whereas Katie seems to be able to expect a good future! I don't know if she will be the feminine equivalent of Johnny Deep ( who started in a tv show) but why not,

O'Stevens~Pacey/Andie~Ross/Rachel~Hyde/Jackie

avie made by trutdelamode(LJ)
Old 03-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm a bit surprised by this annoucement and saddened for Katie and Chris. 5 years is a lot to invest into a relationship, and it's sad to see things didn't work out for them. It seems that they have given this a lot of thought though, never really setting a wedding date or giving much details, and they did what was best for them. As with any Hollywood couple, with the relationship in the spotlight, Katie and Chris didn't spend as much time together as they may have wanted to, which might have affected their relationship.

As some of you have said, I'm glad that they've ended their engagement before getting married and that they'll remain friends. There are a lot of Hollywood breakups during these past few months, and some very surprising to me - including this one.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

I'm very confused about this because I just read in last week's people Magazine (with Julia Roberts and her twins on the cover) that Katie was overhead saying at Fashion week "I wonder if I should go w/ Vera Wang for my wedding dress"

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 03-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-a-licious
I'm very confused about this because I just read in last week's people Magazine (with Julia Roberts and her twins on the cover) that Katie was overhead saying at Fashion week "I wonder if I should go w/ Vera Wang for my wedding dress"

Really? Then something must've happened.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Extreme Fan

maybe i'm being mean but i'm glad she got rid of him. i always though he was too boring for her. God she's young, she should enjoy the world, instead of being tied down to Mr. Boring.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondroad17
maybe i'm being mean but i'm glad she got rid of him. i always though he was too boring for her. God she's young, she should enjoy the world, instead of being tied down to Mr. Boring.

I never cared for them as an item either but we don't know if she got rid of him he could've dumped her. I wonder if we will ever know why they broke up.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebear
I never cared for them as an item either but we don't know if she got rid of him he could've dumped her. I wonder if we will ever know why they broke up.
i don't know, but if he did dump her, she's get over him. I never get why she liked him in the first place. They just seemed so mismatched. I always thought she was livelier and more interesting when she's with Josh, with Chris she's just this boring/bland pretty girl. I think the reason why i was so opposed to Katie/Chris (even though I shouldn't because it's none of my business) is how much he seems like Dawson to me, and I hated Dawson/Joey with a passion. I don't know if his personality is like dawson, but his forehead is.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondroad17
i don't know, but if he did dump her, she's get over him. I never get why she liked him in the first place. They just seemed so mismatched. I always thought she was livelier and more interesting when she's with Josh, with Chris she's just this boring/bland pretty girl. I think the reason why i was so opposed to Katie/Chris (even though I shouldn't because it's none of my business) is how much he seems like Dawson to me, and I hated Dawson/Joey with a passion. I don't know if his personality is like dawson, but his forehead is.

LOL I admit I felt the exact same way and probably still do. Though Chris seems sweeter in comparison from what I hear.