Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New Episode ~ Pulp Friction (March 8, 2005)

Rory (Alexis Bledel) regrets her agreement with Logan (Matt Czuchry) that they can date other people after she sees him out on the town with another girl. Later, at a party where everyone dresses as a character from a Quentin Tarantino film, Rory shows up with Logan's friend Robert (guest star Nick Holmes), forcing Logan to admit his jealousy. Meanwhile, now that Lorelai and Luke are happily reunited, Emily can't understand why Lorelai still refuses to show up at Friday night dinner. Emily's second visit to the diner to speak to Luke leads to a bitter mother/daughter confrontation. Finally, Michel (Yanic Truesdale) appears on "The Price is Right" and wins a motor home.

Richard Herrmann, Melissa McCarthy and Sean Gunn also star. The episode was written by James Berg & Stan Zimmerman and directed by Michael Zinberg .
Courtesy: thewb.com
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 03-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved tonights eppy. I ask ya can Luke and Lorelai get any cuter they where back to acting like the old married couple I love it. OMG Kirk was funny I laugh my butt off espicaly when he ended up at lorelai's naked in Luke's boat lol. Now I did think she was alittle harsh to Michele I am glad that she appoligized to him. I think Logan got exactly when he deserves. He could have told Rory abotu the girl but he didn't and he kissed the other girl right infron of her and her mom. I wanted to stone him just like Lorelai. If I was michele I would have kept the motor home because they rock. Luke was so cute when Emily came in yelling at him and he hit speed dial Lorelai 911 lol. The Fight was great about time she really told Emily off. But I do hope they make up soon I feel bad for the both of them right now.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

First off: I hated how we didn't seen anybody (except Emily) find oout about the reconciliation. Second: I wasn't a big fan of the michel storyline. The good thing about it though is we got to see more Michel (YT's a Montrealer so I get to be biased in his favour). We didn't get to see much Luke (let alone shirtless *sigh*) but I love how They acted together...I just wish we saw a talk (not necessarily ILYs, but a perhaps a serious talk would've been nice).
Poor Emily...I'm glad Lrelai stood up to her, but Emily leaving like that. I just felt so bad for her.
I loved how Luke turned serious in the truck. Oh and how they started the date. Very WitS.
Kirk was funny. I'm glad Luke talked to him.

I'm not done, but I need to go to class.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:18 AM
Total Fan

There's really not much to say about this episode... I'm kind of disappointed!

Best lines:

"Say that slower and with your pants off"
"I know Kirk, I was there"
"No cellphones in the dinner"

Oh and... I'm officially in love with Lulu!
Old 03-09-2005, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

Hey everyone!!!!

I love this episdode!!!! If some of you guys understand french, i post my opinion on the french board (it's very long) and i'm too tired to translate it now

All I can say is OMG, they're so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that there were an ILY off screen, it's obvious in the car that they're still affraid to say it. I find them cuter and closer than ever. I love the speed dial thing, the make love and not having sex, and the fact that Lorelai said "we locked the door" and not "I", it's almost like they are living together

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 03-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lulu was funny. Luke you can have her and i'll have Luke. Hee. Sorry girls...
Sookie was Sookie, she's going to kill herself if she keeps working at that pace. I found myself falling more and more in love with Luke and Lorelai yesterday. They still have that teasing/bantering thing. By the way why did he buy that over-priced frisbee/coaster? They also haven't said the ILYs (which is good because maybe AS-P will write that episode. And they had a bit of a nervous thing going on at the beginning of the date, it was awesome. Luke erased that by throwing his arm around Lorelai [lucky woman ] and the comfort they displayed around each other at the end was awesome. He's her lover, friend, confidente, her partner in crime. As she is his lover, friend, confidente, his partner in crime.
As for Rory/Logan: I'd so go to that party, but I would be confused as to what to dress up as or where to get the costume. I recognized two of the songs playing. The first one where there are clowns on the left, jokers on the right (yada, yada, yada) reminds me of up north. It was a Friday or Saturday night, I was over at my cousin's. To the left of me my cousin and his friend were on the computer listening to ICP (hehehe) and to my right, in the kitchen, the adults were drinking. Yep, GG reminded me of summer and that wasn't fair. I'm proud of Rory for not going off with Logan. I hate that he thought she'd drop everything to be with him. Other than that, I'm not interested in their relationship.

The L/L aspect of lastnight's GG:
out of 5 awesome possums.

The episode in general

out of 5 awesome possums.

Last edited by Lost in Translation; 03-09-2005 at 07:17 AM
Old 03-09-2005, 12:29 PM
New Fan

Has anybody else been having random mental images of Luke adopting the Rastafarian culture today?

Nope? Just me then?

That's what I thought...
Old 03-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh God I'll never get over the idea of him buying that cd.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:19 PM
New Fan

Well, the man is a Jimmy Buffet fan too. Maybe Jimmy Buffet CDs are like gateway albums. They lead to harder forms of mellow, such as Reggae Fever.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We'll love him no matter how bad his music tastes are. I do love the bit where he turned a bit serious in the truck. It's as close to an ILY as we're going to get for a while (like I said a few times before).
Old 03-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janetmaca
We'll love him no matter how bad his music tastes are. I do love the bit where he turned a bit serious in the truck. It's as close to an ILY as we're going to get for a while (like I said a few times before).

ITA about the scene in the car. I suspect ASP has a reason for not having them voice a verbal ILY yet. Really hoping we get to see/hear that. I really loved the car scene. Because of how serious Lorelai started out, hating how they were apart and so did he, then she switched to humor as she does saying it's a good thing she's back in his life because it's obvious he was falling apart without her and it's a miracle he's still alive. And the way Lorelai says "Right"? it's a statement as much about her as him. So his "You bet" said in such a serious way spoke volumes, IMO, on just how lost they are without each other. Add her brilliant smile and it's pretty darn close to ILY. It was a beautifully written and acted scene.

Now about Luke buying that Reggae Fever CD....he obviously *was* on the edge of reason. LOL!
Old 03-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really liked this episdoe. The scene where Luke picks her up is so cute. The only part that made me mad was that we didn't get to see Lorelai telling anyone about them getting back together. I hate that they always cut that out.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbarrytx
Okay, I have to comment on the CD. Totally cracked me up, especially since earlier in the day I had put a Bob Marley song in the lyrics thread At first I was thinking -- no way, not like him to buy a Reggae CD. But then I thought about it some more and I thought, well, it does seem like him to buy a crappy CD at a gas station. We all have our guilty pleasures *yes, I own a Mariah Carey CD, as well as a Jimmy Buffet CD. Sue me. How can you not like Cheesburger in Paradise?*
Well I can't throw stones because I own a Jimmy Buffet CD too. And If I'm not mistaken, so does Luke. Isn't he a Jimmy Buffet fan? LOL Wouldn't be surprised if he saw that cheap CD and it's all Islandy and figured it might not be too far off from old Jimmy. Though it's obvious he never even listened to the darn thing. LOL! Poor Luke. He really was lost without Lorelai.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janetmaca

He's her lover, friend, confidente, her partner in crime. As she is his lover, friend, confidente, his partner in crime.
Quote:

We all have our guilty pleasures *yes, I own a Mariah Carey CD, as well as a Jimmy Buffet CD. Sue me. How can you not like Cheesburger in Paradise?*
Excellent said!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Okay, I have to comment on the CD. Totally cracked me up, especially since earlier in the day I had put a Bob Marley song in the lyrics thread At first I was thinking -- no way, not like him to buy a Reggae CD. But then I thought about it some more and I thought, well, it does seem like him to buy a crappy CD at a gas station. We all have our guilty pleasures *yes, I own a Mariah Carey CD, as well as a Jimmy Buffet CD. Sue me. How can you not like Cheesburger in Paradise?*

Overall, I really did enjoy the episode!

And dammit, I want an ILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well said sister suffragette. One day that phrase'll catch on. If it makes you feel better I own (owned? I'm not sure what I've done with it at this point) a Mariah Carey cd, and I encouraged my cousin to listen to No Doubt by giving her their Tragic Kingdom cd.