Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-19-2005, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New Episode!!! 5.18 To Live and Let Diorama (April 19th)

Quote:
When Stars Hollow's oldest resident dies and leaves his house to the town, Luke (Scott Patterson) has an ulterior motive for volunteering to help turn the house into a temporary museum. Dean (Jared Padalecki) is also working on the project, and offers Luke some unwelcome advice about the dangers of dating a Gilmore girl. To get publicity for the Dragonfly Inn, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) does an interview with a travel magazine, but immediately regrets the unkind comments she makes about being raised by Emily (Kelly Bishop, who does not appear in the episode). Meanwhile, Lane (Keiko Agena) suspects that Zach (Todd Lowe) is having a fling with music store owner Sophie (guest star Carole King), while Rory (Alexis Bledel) and Paris (Liza Weil) are both devastated by trouble with their respective boyfriends.

Melissa McCarthy and Sean Gunn also star. The episode was written by Daniel Palladino and directed by Jackson Douglas, who plays Sookie's husband Jackson on the series.
Courtesy: thewb.com
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope

Last edited by Lost in Translation; 04-19-2005 at 03:17 PM
Old 04-19-2005, 07:01 AM
New Fan

Whoo hoo! The hiatus is over.

Domino's is so wrong. Tuesday is the best day of the week!

Yikes to the Luke/Dean interaction. That wasn't so pretty last time.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait. Feels like the day is passing slowly, so my fingers are crossed for a goodie. After today, I deserve a good eppie.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Total Fan

I have to say, not my favorite episode tonight... I think this episode was a good filler and nothing more...

My favorite scene was Lorelai playing mom to Paris, Rory and Kirk... that scene was hilarious!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:55 AM
New Fan

I agree, not the greatest episode. Too many townies, though I must say I enjoy the eccentricity of Stars Hollow in general. How many shows would come up with that teaser?

There were definitely moments I enjoyed, i.e. the butt pinching and mommyLorelai/sibling banter around the breakfast table.

However, you know something is not quite right when Taylor holds Luke's hand longer than Lorelai, or any other girlfriend of his for that matter, ever has onscreen. I totally have to second Gypsy's creepy perve thing.

I'm looking forward to next week.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflecting light

There were definitely moments I enjoyed, i.e. the butt pinching and mommyLorelai/sibling banter around the breakfast table.

However, you know something is not quite right when Taylor holds Luke's hand longer than Lorelai, or any other girlfriend of his for that matter, ever has onscreen.
I completely agree!
Old 04-20-2005, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflecting light
I agree, not the greatest episode. Too many townies, though I must say I enjoy the eccentricity of Stars Hollow in general. How many shows would come up with that teaser?

However, you know something is not quite right when Taylor holds Luke's hand longer than Lorelai, or any other girlfriend of his for that matter, ever has onscreen. I totally have to second Gypsy's creepy perve thing.

I'm looking forward to next week.
So true! What really got to me was how Luke seemed off last night. Look at the first L/L scene when Luke started going on about Lorelai and the interview. Good filler episode though. Do love the Lorelai/Rory/Paris/Kirk scene scene. I also loved that Lorelai had the magazine pull the article. It was very pleasing for me, yes I am a Vicious Trollup. I loved Luke's reasoning for sitting through a town meeting (*gasp!*) and willingly volunteering (*double gasp!*)
Old 04-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Total Fan

i guess that I'm the only one who found the sweet and happy side of Luke pretty funny and enjoyable to watch. He was so excited about the house and it was clear that he wanted to help because he hope to get the house for himself and Lorelai..totally oblivious obviously....I think it was nice to see them so comfortable and affectionate with each other...But I agree not my fave eppy so far. Nothing major happened. It seemed more a set up for the upcoming episodes.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't find his intentions clear at all, all I knew was that he gave different reasons for volunteering. But I nearly died when he told Taylor he wanted to buy it.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor-baby
i guess that I'm the only one who found the sweet and happy side of Luke pretty funny and enjoyable to watch. He was so excited about the house and it was clear that he wanted to help because he hope to get the house for himself and Lorelai..totally oblivious obviously....I think it was nice to see them so comfortable and affectionate with each other...But I agree not my fave eppy so far. Nothing major happened. It seemed more a set up for the upcoming episodes.
You're not the only one, I totally agree with you. It'sa different Luke but still a cute Luke, and i like him very much. You can see that Luke and Lorelai are more and more closer and comfortable with each other. It's a filler episode obviously but still a good one.

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree with the fact that Luke wasn't quite Luke. I mean, he was still really sweet and stuff, but... I miss the gruff Luke...

Anyways, I did love the whole Mommy Lorelai deal. Foreshadowing, perhaps? *rubs chin in a pondering way* Oh, and the whole butt pinching thing? I was like

Looking forward to next week's though!
Old 04-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I rewatched it last night, knowing where things were progressing, Luke didn't seem so off-kilter. But all in all, it raises the question: will we ever see a hot kiss again?
Old 04-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janetmaca
I rewatched it last night, knowing where things were progressing, Luke didn't seem so off-kilter. But all in all, it raises the question: will we ever see a hot kiss again?
That's the eternal question. Amy is always a bit off in showing passion on GG. This happens in every couple. I guess that Logan and Rory have been the most passional couple until this moment. I really hope that Dan is getting something better
Anyhow my answer is yes,we'll see another hot kiss...and probably when it's less expected. We will never see them all over each other though. Amy doesn't want that. Even if Lauren herself pointed it out she didn't follow her advise so... I guess it's her way to rapresent the romance. I still think that she should make a better use of the fabulous Luke&Lorelai's chemistry.