Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2005, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion~But I'm A Gilmore (New. April 26, 2005)

Quote:
After Rory (Alexis Bledel) tells Logan (Matt Czuchry) that she can't have a casual relationship with him and they should go back to being just friends, she is amazed when Logan insists he is ready to commit to her. However, when he brings her home to meet his powerful and intimidating family, Rory is shocked by his parents' negative reaction to the relationship. The following day, Logan's father (guest star Gregg Henry) apologizes to Rory and offers her an internship at one of his newspapers. Meanwhile, when Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) is put on bed rest by her doctor, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) calls Luke (Scott Patterson) to fill in as the substitute chef at the Dragonfly Inn.

Yanic Truesdale, Liza Weil, and Sean Gunn also star. The episode was written by Amy Sherman-Palladino and directed by Michael Zinberg.
Looks good
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 04-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Total Fan

Luke's cooking in Sookie's kitchen. Can you believe it?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The sign is nigh!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Edited for spoiler content

Last edited by Lands; 04-27-2005 at 01:05 AM
Old 04-27-2005, 01:19 AM
Total Fan

dinerdude89 you have a PM!
Old 04-27-2005, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, anybody else disappointed? I mean the Luke scenes were hilarious. but so far and few between, in my opinion. Of ocurse my headache wasn't helping. There was just too much Rory/Logan for my taste. I admit I loved the little rant Luke went on and then saying that because they were in a relationship that he'd end up going back into the kitchen and he storms back into the kitchen.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Total Fan

Too much Logan and Rory too for my taste! I loved the JJs scenes(especially the back hug and the scen on the couch) we got ,but I want more of them. Last episodes have been too much focused on Rory...her romance with Logan is frustrating me. I like these two, but with this whole committent thing they rimind me of Chris and Lorelai...and I don't like it. It's true that Logan is still 19 and can change,at least i hope so,but as Lorelai said if you need to change someone to be with him maube he's not the right person for you.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Luke and Lorelai understand. They've understood a long time ago that changing people isn't the best way for a relationship to be.

Quote:
LUKE: Yeah, they were lucky. I guess if you can find that one person, you know, who's willing to put up with all your crap, and doesn't want to change you or dress you or you know, make you eat French food, then marriage can be all right. But that's only if you find that person.
So Rory saying that he might change isn't a good sign.

I just hope we'll get some more L/L scenes.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked the L/L scenes (especially on the couch, I don't know why), but I too am getting a bit tired of the Rory Logan scenes. It does remind me a lot of Chris and Lorelai as teenagers, so I'm guessing that may be somewhat foreshadowing. But, I don't know, maybe that's just me.

I have to say that my favorite scenes were when Luke spoke Spanish. The whole time I was sitting on the bed thinking, "He's beautiful, he's sweet, he speaks Spanish- the perfect man!"
Old 04-27-2005, 05:14 PM
New Fan

I actually enjoyed this episode quite a bit. It was a little thin on the L/L interaction, but there was more of Luke than I expected. And the Spanish. Oh the Spanish.

Though I'm not usually a fan of Logan, or even Rory for that matter, I really enjoyed their storyline last night. For all of the aspirations the elder Gilmores have for Rory, and after the way they've treated Luke, it was interesting to see her put in that position. My reluctantly addicted Gilmore girls friend and I were watching the Happy Huntzberger dinner scene and completely missed my suitemate coming in to my tiny dorm room to tell us it looked 'eerie' outside. Beside the point, but we were that enthralled.

I must say, my breath caught a little at the word 'marry' coming out of Lorelai's mouth while talking to Luke about his fan. Also, I loved what I think was ASP's toying with us in the couch scene. The quiet couple moment, the whispered 'Luke' and then all we get is a question about the lamb chops

Anybody else interested in seeing a flashback of that rhinestone penis shirt/towing the car night at the Gilmores?
Old 04-29-2005, 03:55 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinerdude89
I too am getting a bit tired of the Rory Logan scenes. It does remind me a lot of Chris and Lorelai as teenagers, so I'm guessing that may be somewhat foreshadowing. But, I don't know, maybe that's just me.
That's not just you. I've seen many similiarities with the C/L storyline
And I think that Lorelai has as well seen that,that's why she told Rory that maybe if she needs to change someone he isn't the right one,that maybe this relationship isn't right for her.As Janet said L/L never tried to change the other becuase they love each other and want each other the way they are.