Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New! Blame Booze And Melville~5.21

Quote:
Rory (Alexis Bledel) is surprised by the performance review she receives from Logan's (Matt Czuchry) father, Mitchum Huntzberger (guest star Gregg Henry), at the newspaper. Luke's (Scott Patterson) plan to buy the Twickham house is threatened when Kirk (Sean Gunn) makes a competing bid. Lorelai (Lauren Graham) is thrilled when the travel magazine featuring The Dragonfly Inn hits the stands, but worries about Emily's (Kelly Bishop) reaction to the article. Meanwhile, Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) goes into labor and Emily becomes a personal patron for a ballet dancer.

The episode was written by Daniel Palladino and directed by Jamie Babbit.
courtesy: thewb.com
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 05-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

This Episode was amazing omg. LL sceans incredibale. RL seens not as good. I felt so sorry for rory at the way michem said that to her. Lorelai was so pretty when she told Rory she was't pregnate I think her hair when she has it like that maked her look so beautiful. I was dissipointed that luke did not stip and get in the towel like the other mean I was looking for to seeing that. Kirks body looks wierd every time I see him shirless it remins me of et. Lorelai hideing in the den was cute. The Lorelai Emily stuff was refreshing after lastweek. YAY for Sookie having a girl. I laughed my butt off when she broke the news to jackson that he was going to get a visectemy. His reaction priceless. Kirk the Millionare is kinds neat. I am still in shock over Rory being the one with the idea to steel the boat Logan is a bad infulence on her and I am not likeing it one bit. I want my seaon 1 innocent rory back.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It wasn't up to snuff, but compared to the past few episodes it was much better. The teaser was cute with talking about Gregorio and such. As for Luke, I found his muttered "buddy" to Taylor cute. And the haggling over a dime with Kirk was funny. Okay, I hate to say this because I'm really bad with Star Wars and Star Trek and such: but did anybody else notice that the guy who's face was covered by the towel kind of resembled Yoda? He just seemed like an old-wise being who's known Luke's family forever.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janetmaca
Okay, I hate to say this because I'm really bad with Star Wars and Star Trek and such: but did anybody else notice that the guy who's face was covered by the towel kind of resembled Yoda? He just seemed like an old-wise being who's known Luke's family forever.
Maybe more like Anankin Skywalker or the emperor in the latest SWIII trailer...
Old 05-11-2005, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lands
Maybe more like Anankin Skywalker or the emperor in the latest SWIII trailer...
Umm yeah, I saw the trailer for the latest Star Wars.

Anyone else a little relieved Lorelai's not pregnant?
Old 05-11-2005, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

5.21 Blame Booze and Melville

Lorelai

After a few episodes a little OCC, I'm happy to see the real Lorelai again. Lorelai who teases Luke and Rory, who make a mom goes crazy... The pregnancy scare is interesting. Lorelai want other kids but not right now, she wants to take care of herself and that's normal. Somethong upset me a little though: she thinks that Luke is not a family guy and doesn't want any kid, there's still a lack of communication between those two. I'm also wondering: Lorelai got pregnant at 16, she doesn't use any kind of contraceptive? That's a little weird.

Luke

He's still adorable when he is proud of Lorelai, it's important in a relation ship. I think he whanged a lot since the beguining of the relation, he's ready to buy a house and start a family with Lorelai; he wasn't like this at all. I still don't like the fact that he's not telling her about the house, I expect a fight in the fianl because of this. I also think that we have the old Luke that I love: grumpy but so sweet.

Rory

For once her storyline didn't bother me. It wasn't all about Logan and boys, but about her future. I waited a long time for that. First I like her reaction when Lorelai tells her she might be pregnant; she says that could be a good thing cause it's Luke and they could head somewhere. Of course she's releived when her mom is not pregnant but that's because Lorelai doesn't want a kid right now.
What happens to her in the paper is really interesting. Rory always been a good student, who was always perfect and we know she doesn' handle failure very well. I don't think that Logan's father really meant to be mean, but I guess it's not really pleasant to hear. For Rory it's like the end of her world, and it'll be interesting to see how she handle this.

Luke et Lorelai

Finally my favourite couple is back. For a couple of weeks I was almost wondering if they were still together. We have a little kiss in the dinner and I really loved the limo's scene. I notice that Luke (or Scott) still love Lorelai's (or Lauren's) legs . There's alot of cute scenes between them like in the bed and i missed that. Plus Lauren and Scott still have awsome chemistry. I think that they're more and more serious now. With the built of the couple over the season that WYMM in the promo would not be surprising.They head there I think.

This was a really good episode btw and I can't wait for the final

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 05-11-2005, 06:21 AM
Total Fan

Jess very good analysis of the episode!

talk to the person you are in a relationship with

Colleen, I completely agree with you!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jess, great analysis!
Colleen: glad to know I wasn't the only one.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I liked this episode a lot compared to the last few ones. We got L/L stuff, which i , of course. I was glad that there wasn't an overload of R/L stuff, because that's been annoying me. I felt bad for Rory when Mitchum was talking to her, and I want to see what she will do next, and if she'll tell her mom. The pregnancy scare...I liked it, because it was something new and different. Sookie had a girl

the promo just killed me lol. i hope it's not just the EPB