Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Episode discussion - 1x04: Cinderbella (old thread)

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] A Night to Remember [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

The approaching Rawley Summer Cotillion inspires Will to approach the girl of his dreams, Caroline Busse, but when she already has a date for the dance, he invites Bella to go with him, although both their eyes are distracted by others. Meanwhile, Scout tries to make the most of his evening with Paige, and Hamilton and Jake reveal secrets in an intimate moment.

Transcript (html)

Hee! I was sooooo looking forward to this episode when it aired in my country, because I knew what was going to happen and couldn't wait for the J/H scenes! Ahh... I think everyone breathed a sigh of contentment when they finally got together. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 04-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>Hee! I was sooooo looking forward to this episode when it aired in my country, because I knew what was going to happen and couldn't wait for the J/H scenes!</STRONG>
Really? Me too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I really loved all the J/H scenes, but I also liked the Will/Caroline one at the end. You know, when he gives her the piece of paper that reads "Hi I'm Will from New Rawley"? That was kinda cute, somehow a fresh start for them.
Sadly, Lena disappeared after this episode. I liked her.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Lena was cool. I loved how intuitive she was about J/H.

Will and Caroline didn't really grab me, but I was impressed with Caroline after she found out he was a Townie and didn't think it was a big deal. Hey, does anyone else get the feeling that it seems like only Will is making a big deal out of the fact he's from New Rawley, hardly any of the Rawley kids even care. Kinda silly if it's true.

Anyway... back to the J/H moments! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I loved the "do you rent or do you own" conversation.

Old 04-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ahh, my favourite ep...

I was not a Caroline fan, but it is true, she was cool with him being a Townie and all, but like you said! No one else seemed to care [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I suppose though, that considering it is a sensitive spot for Will, who would feel so insecure around these people due to their differing backgrounds, no one else would think about it as much as he would.

And yes! That conversation was adorable [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I also like the Will asking Bella to the Cotillion scene... how cute was that scene? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited emjay ]

~ "Gas, gas, honk. Gas, gas, honk. Honk, honk, punch. Gas, gas, gas." ~
Old 04-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

after "randomly" visiting this board last night, I decided to see if my YA tape still worked, and guess what? it does!

I've just finished watching Cinderbella and here are some thoughts...

Grace - Someone needs to slap that girl back into yesterday. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Finn - Ugh, I don't know. At the beggining of the show I loved Finn, but when I see him in this episode I find him creepy. SO not cool to have an underage student almost naked in your room. It still gives me the shivers.

Scout/Bella - I didn't really felt for them like I was supposed to when they were in the terrace. I don't know, I never got into them as a couple. Even though they're not bro/sis they didn't know that at that moment. So amazingly disgusting that they almost kissed.

Paige/Scout - Poor girl, what does she see in that dude? She's an amazingly gorgeous girl to be dragging her ass after Scout. I just don't get it. But I do have to admit that they looked really cute together in both English Class scenes. I really liked the way they were staring at each other. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Maybe that's it. I don't like them together standing up since she's so much taller than him, but sitting down I have absolutely no problem with them. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Bella/Sean - Oh, how I love those two! It was absolutely adorable on Sean's part to be around knowing something could go wrong in the station. His "and well, Grace is Grace" comment had me "aww'ing" for like a minute. I loved when they danced in the middle of the street while Bella was singing. It was SO romantic and cute and perfect! I was a big shipper of these two when the show was on.

Bella/Will - Ah, my favorite UC pairing, and it all started with this episode and the scene in the diner when Will asks her to the Cotillion. I saw the potential. They know each other so well, they've been best friends forever. [Or maybe it was the fact that when YA aired P/J had just gotten "officially" together in DC and I was totally pissed about it and wanted two new best friends to fall for each other. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]]

Will/Caroline - Heh. I wasn't impressed all that much by it all. But I gotta say that Will was right, he didn't technically lie, she wanted to locate him and assumed whatever she wanted. It was really cute, though, at the end when he gave her the note; at 15-16 you can get away with stuff like that still. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Lena - I still can't believe how forward that girl is! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] "Hell, I'm a 15 year old girl, I even have a crush on you". [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] When I was 15 I didn't walk around telling guys I had crushes on them. Still, I love her cause she's my JaHammer Cupid. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But, I do gotta say that I felt for her when she saw Jake/Hammie walking to class late together, it was SO obvious that they were together, and her face. Aw. Poor thing.

And saving the best for last...

Jake/Hamilton - Oh, be still my little JaHammer heart! This was one of the best episodes for us. I was so happy when Hamilton realized he had fallen for Jake, the person she is, NOT her gender. When he kissed her for the first time, I couldn't help it, but my eyes teared a little. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] And the ending, that ending! It was so hot! ::xio fans herself:: I especially loved the fact that Jake was standing in the tip of her toes to be at mouth level with Hamilton. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] So beautiful. Gotta give full thanks to Lena, though, because of her they were together, I mean earlier than it would've taken them cause we all know they would've gotten together eventualy, right? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

All and all, I think Cinderbella was the best YA episode! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited ¤}{îÖ¤ ]
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
Old 04-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

mintie - I can't even remember the Will asking Bella scene! I only taped J/H moments! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] And now the site I was downloading episodes from has disappeared off the face of the earth. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Xio! That's your name! Ah, I get it now... hee, your screen name is clever. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by ¤}{îÖ¤:
<STRONG>Finn - Ugh, I don't know. At the beggining of the show I loved Finn, but when I see him in this episode I find him creepy. SO not cool to have an underage student almost naked in your room. It still gives me the shivers.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] Yeah, it's amazing how creepier and creepier Finn becomes.

I really don't like Sean, he just got on my nerves in Our Town. But I guess he was pretty sweet at the gas station.

Lena as cupid is great. She's awesome, she's my favourite minor character, I think; if you don't count Ryder as a minor character. [img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img] Sure she's forward, but anyone less forward wouldn't tell J/H to get a move on.

Oh man! I loved how Hamilton kissed Jake before he knew she was a girl! I keep saying this but that was just soooo important to me! The tippy-toe kiss was definitely aww-worthy. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>Xio! That's your name! Ah, I get it now... hee, your screen name is clever.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] thanks [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:
<STRONG>Oh man! I loved how Hamilton kissed Jake before he knew she was a girl! I keep saying this but that was just soooo important to me!</STRONG>
The fact that he did that was totally important to everysingle JaHammer I knew. It proved to us and to the world that they had REALLY fallen for each other. The fact that Hammie threw caution to the wind and decided to be with Jake thinking that he was gay and not caring one bit about it was the BEST gift this little show gave to us fans. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
Old 04-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh wow, this is probably one of my favorite episodes. I loved the whole Will and Caroline part.

My Thoughts
Old 04-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*RaineDayz*~:
<STRONG>Oh wow, this is probably one of my favorite episodes. I loved the whole Will and Caroline part.</STRONG>
Better than the JaHammer part? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2004, 03:25 AM
New Fan

as the show didn't last a long time, we had it on a strange hour slot in france. one day i was watching TV just finding smthg great to watch and i felt in love with YA. hammie's so cute (just a sad thing: his voice in french is totally horrible, like a castrated duck, poooooor hammilton) and his story is just... cute to death [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] why the show had been stopped?
1*04 is my favorite one.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by le dilettante:
<STRONG>hammie's so cute (just a sad thing: his voice in french is totally horrible, like a castrated duck, poooooor hammilton)</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] That's hilarious!

<STRONG>
Quote:
why the show had been stopped?</STRONG>
We (the fans) have no idea. It's terribly upsetting and unfair. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] You'll find a lot of WB-hate on this board. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, if you read fanfic you might be interested in two separate fanfic series that take YA further. (Self-pimping! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
New Beginnings
Nicky's YA Episodes

[ 05-04-2004: Message edited Silversun ]

Old 05-04-2004, 04:05 AM
New Fan

thx for the links it's nice.
about french dubbing, u cannot imagine how many slaughters are made each serie. the voices are horrible and not adapted to the guys and girls (ian with a reedy voice... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] ) on screen. after a while u can forget it, but it gives me killer-pulsion anyway!
Old 05-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

It's annoying that they go to the lengths of dubbing when many people would prefer subtitles instead. Subtitles would be much easier to do, too.

Old 05-05-2004, 02:05 AM
New Fan

english-spoken shows (on the tv) are never subtitled, it's only on the DVDs that u can choose the original version or the french one. it's pretty annoying, but it's a fact in TV that u'll never see subtitles, a lot of people don't love it 'cause they find it uneasy and exhausting to watch.
sad and stupid.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun
Better than the JaHammer part?
NOTHING's better than the JaHammer parts!
|| Manny/Craig