Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2004, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Episode discussion - 1x06: Gone (old thread)

Bella, Will and Scout find themselves in the crazy position of having to outsmart an evil upperclassman, sweet-talk a cop while driving a stolen car, and retrieve a confessional letter before it destroys their lives. Meanwhile, Hamilton and Jake secretly go on their first official date, but with Jake in a dress, the sexual roles are confused as Hamilton tries to wear the pants in the couple.

Transcript (html)

Return of Ryder! Yay! [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 04-27-2004, 05:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

'Cute coat!' has to be one of my favourite quotes [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I liked the end scene, where they were all together... cutesy poo and all, but nice in my opinion [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Grace creeps me out. If any of my younger sisters acted like her, I'd thrash the hell outta them [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] ok maybe not thrash... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I was always happy to read those fics which gave her character a little more depth than what we saw in the show.

SCOUT (cont'd): Oh. By the way. Jake and Hamilton???
WILL: Oh, yeh. Definitely.
Cut to the interior of Jake's room.
HAMILTON: Oh. NO. Definitely not.
JAKE: Yeah, they have no idea we're together.
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I loved that!

I thought Jake's dress was gorgeous, but the lunch... I felt bad for both of them, I mean obviously, she's not really to up with the whole 'foxy lady' thing and he just wanted to compliment her.

I thought the whole 'Townie' issue was dragged out a bit here... at least with Bella. But the look the cop threw the guys after talking to Bella? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

~ "Gas, gas, honk. Gas, gas, honk. Honk, honk, punch. Gas, gas, gas." ~
Old 04-27-2004, 10:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by emjay:
<STRONG>
I thought the whole 'Townie' issue was dragged out a bit here... at least with Bella. But the look the cop threw the guys after talking to Bella? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Yeah, I especially liked that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I used to be schizo but now we're fine.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] Can't remember what this episode was about... damn me for only taping the jahammer parts! At the time I thought I was doing myself a favour - and I was cos I was only watching the J/H parts... but no more cos I can't remember anything about the other parts.

Cute coat was a great comment though. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You think that's when Bella figured out Jake was a girl?

I think Jake could have been nicer on the date. I know she's all independent and stuff, but she could have been a bit more tactful with the 'foxy' and the blunt 'but I don't like salmon' comment.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Awww, buggered isn't it? Coz outside of the JaHammer, this ep was kinda funny [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I had to re-read the script for it, and it had me [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I definitely think that when Bella heard that from Jake, she was pretty suss... not necessarily had it all figured out though(maybe she thought he was gay?)

I agree that Jake could've been nicer, but if she was feeling condescended upon, then she'd react to that... also Ham's 'cross dressing she-men' comment wasn't all that nice. I'm sure he was trying later though and that only made her feel like he was being more condescending, bloody crossed wires [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited emjay ]

Old 04-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>

Return of Ryder! Yay! [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]</STRONG>
YAY!! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] I so loved this epi!!

Life as Mia
Old 04-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, the 'cross-dressing she-men' comment was a low blow.

Let's talk about Ryder! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] Which is all very well and good except I don't remember what happened with him in this episode... [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] I do remember he was hot though. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Let's talk about Ryder! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] Which is all very well and good except I don't remember what happened with him in this episode... [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] I do remember he was hot though. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
He was [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

This was the first episode with some real gang interaction. I love the scene at the end where all of them are sitting in the diner [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah, I liked that scene.

I couldn't help but get a kick out of how Ryder looked wearing Grace's coat [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] as well as the look on his face when he thought that Joe had taken his car. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

God, they totally played poor lilRyder! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I know... Im the worts person here, because Ryder was all bad and always trying to play good old Will... and I always wished he did! [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

*runs away from flying objects*

Life as Mia
Old 04-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Nah, I feel the same Mia. Just one of these days you wish Ryder would get away with murder. Stringing Will along must be all sorts of fun because come on, Will does get pretty stuffy sometimes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyway, could someone explain to me what the deal is with Gone credits? Are they different to the normal credits? I don't remember at all. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2004, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Nah, I feel the same Mia. Just one of these days you wish Ryder would get away with murder. Stringing Will along must be all sorts of fun because come on, Will does get pretty stuffy sometimes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] Im so with you!! Just today I got all the YA epis because a freind of mine downloaded them all for me... so I was rewatching all the Ryder moments (I know... I am way to obssesed with the guy) and I just couldnt stop laughing!

And I will have to rewatch the credit things you said... I dont remember about them being different

Life as Mia
Old 04-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ryder pics from Gone

Life as Mia
Old 04-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Anyway, could someone explain to me what the deal is with Gone credits? Are they different to the normal credits? I don't remember at all. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I think the episode had no credits, they were ... gone [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm not sure if this happened intentionally, but as far as I know, it only happened in the US.

Mia, lovely Ryder pics [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Well I'm so glad to be back folks. I'll try to post here more often. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As far as the ep itself, it remains to be one of my favorites, just 'cause of the hilarity of it all. The whole thing is bloody side-splitting...from Ryder's smart-ass comments (nice pics btw, hubba hubba [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] ), to the petty yet highly entertaining JaHammer fight over salmon and scallops, to Bella, Will and Scout's run-in with Deputy Dewey... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Never ceases to get a rise out of me.

One thing though...well, maybe two or three. The JaHammer fight...let's just sit and analyze shall we?

1.) Jake started it all by laughing a little too damn much at Ham calling her "foxy"...I wouldn't mind being called foxy by him, WTF??? I mean, look at the boy for Christ's sake, you don't argue with a face like that. Sorry. [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]

2.) Ham did hit her back, but it was way harsh -- "cross-dressing she-men" ( [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] to MJ)? OUCH!

3.) Jake...Jake Jake Jake Jake Jake, get over your feminist wiles and let the boy pay for the damn check! IT'S FREE FOOD YOU LITTLE INGRATE!...Crikey! [img]smilies/headslap.gif[/img]

Anyway, I had to get that off my chest. Very cute and needed exchange just 'cause it's J/H, but a little pointless.

Loved the Will/Scout/Bella car scene though, especially Scout's comments and facial expressions [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]...not so much feeling the cheesy S/B action with the letter and all that -- don't have to watch that part more than once.

Over all, I give the ep a 4.5 star mark (out of 5), very nicely done, and Jake did look foxy. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

DIALOGUE OF THE MOMENT:

JAKE: Okay. Here's one: Chloe Sevigny or Hilary Swank?
SCOUT: I think, Chloe.
HAMILTON: Nah. Hilary. Definitely Hilary
WILL: Clinton?
HAMILTON: Swank.
WILL: Of course.

The Hamilton...oh the Hamilton... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

[ 04-30-2004: Message edited The Fifth Element ]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]