Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Judging Amy Round Robin

Here's a Judging Amy Round Robin. I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly so correct me if I'm wrong CK.
If I understand correctly each of us writes a paragraph and we take turns. It's like the 300 word story except instead of only writing one word at a time we write a paragraph. The next person picks up where the person above left off with a new paragraph.

Vincent entered the Gray house after a long absence. No one knew he was coming. He decided to surprise them. He stopped in mid step when he saw Amy was gripping the vacuum cleaner as if her life depended on it. He looked around to see the house looked very clean. He wondered if she was upset about something and was perhaps taking her frustration out in the form of cleaning. He came up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder. Not having heard Vincent come in over the noise of the vacuum Amy whirled around and looked frightened. "Sorry, Amy. I didn't mean to scare you."
Old 06-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Yep. That's the idea, Mal. I'm not sure if you meant Kyle or Vincent . . . I'm gonna go with Vincent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalloryKeaton
Kyle entered the Gray house after a long absence. No one knew he was coming. He decided to surprise them. He stopped in mid step when he saw Amy was gripping the vacuum cleaner as if her life depended on it. He looked around to see the house looked very clean. He wondered if she was upset about something and was perhaps taking her frustration out in the form of cleaning. He came up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder. Not having heard Vincent come in over the noise of the vacuum Amy whirled around and looked frightened. "Sorry, Amy. I didn't mean to scare you."
Amy took a deep breath, "That's ok; I'm fine. What's up?"
"I was about to ask you the same thing." Vincent flopped across the arm of the couch and crossed his arms over his chest while he waited for Amy's answer.
She tucked her hair behind her ear before speaking. "What makes you think there's something up with me?"
Vincent propped his head up on his elbow, "It's Friday night. Lauren is with Michael, so you're perfectly free to go out, and instead you're here." He gestured toward the vacuum, "Doing this."
"Haven't you ever heard of a girls night in?"
"Yeah, but if I'm not mistaken that involves something fun: movies, pedicures, margaritas. You, however, are cleaning, and I happen to know that you clean when you're stressed."
"I do not." Amy's response wasn't nearly as confident as she'd meant for it to be.
"The night before your wedding, you cleaned the grout in the bathroom with a toothbrush, when Dad was in the hospital, you cleaned out the attic, and when you came home after you and Michael had your first fight, you shampooed the carpets. When I walked in just now, the smell of Pine-Sol nearly choked me and you were about to give yourself a hernia with that vacuum. So what's up?"
Amy sat down on the floor in front of Vincent. "Fine. I'll tell you, but you've got to promise to keep it to yourself . . . at least for now."
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 06-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatekisses
Yep. That's the idea, Mal. I'm not sure if you meant Kyle or Vincent . . . I'm gonna go with Vincent.
Oops, thanks I meant Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatekisses
Amy took a deep breath, "That's ok; I'm fine. What's up?"
"I was about to ask you the same thing." Vincent flopped across the arm of the couch and crossed his arms over his chest while he waited for Amy's answer.
She tucked her hair behind her ear before speaking. "What makes you think there's something up with me?"
Vincent propped his head up on his elbow, "It's Friday night. Lauren is with Michael, so you're perfectly free to go out, and instead you're here." He gestured toward the vacuum, "Doing this."
"Haven't you ever heard of a girls night in?"
"Yeah, but if I'm not mistaken that involves something fun: movies, pedicures, margaritas. You, however, are cleaning, and I happen to know that you clean when you're stressed."
"I do not." Amy's response wasn't nearly as confident as she'd meant for it to be.
"The night before your wedding, you cleaned the grout in the bathroom with a toothbrush, when Dad was in the hospital, you cleaned out the attic, and when you came home after you and Michael had your first fight, you shampooed the carpets. When I walked in just now, the smell of Pine-Sol nearly choked me and you were about to give yourself a hernia with that vacuum. So what's up?"
Amy sat down on the floor in front of Vincent. "Fine. I'll tell you, but you've got to promise to keep it to yourself . . . at least for now."
"I have this case at work that's eating at me. Ok, so not literally, but you know what I mean." Amy sighs.
Vincent raises an eye brow "Do I?"
"Vincent, come on, stay with me on this."
"Ok"
"Well, this case is complicated and the prosecutor isn't helping matter's any. The defense isn't any better. There are witnesses who are refusing to testify and a four year old that looks ready to jump out of his skin."
"And I thought my job was stressful." Vincent shakes his head.
"Plus, Donna wants me to throw her a surprise birthday party, which is fine except she keeps telling me exactly what to do. What's the point in throwing her a surprise party if it was her idea?"
Old 06-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalloryKeaton
Oops, thanks I meant Vincent

"I have this case at work that's eating at me. Ok, so not literally, but you know what I mean." Amy sighs.
Vincent raises an eye brow "Do I?"
"Vincent, come on, stay with me on this."
"Ok"
"Well, this case is complicated and the prosecutor isn't helping matter's any. The defense isn't any better. There are witnesses who are refusing to testify and a four year old that looks ready to jump out of his skin."
"And I thought my job was stressful." Vincent shakes his head.
"Plus, Donna wants me to throw her a surprise birthday party, which is fine except she keeps telling me exactly what to do. What's the point in throwing her a surprise party if it was her idea?"
Vincent: "Yes,I get what you mean about the party.
Why not let her do all the work and then just pretend like you are throwing the party?
What's she planning to do,walk in and act surprised?"
Amy:" I guess so"
"I just needed some quiet time alone and I couldn't sit still.
You know me too well.
This job is getting to me.
I think I am going to take a vacation week and take Lauren to a cabin somewhere secluded and just hike and sit by the Lake and ride our bikes for a week.
Do you think she would go for that or would she be too "bored" spending a week with her Mom with no malls?"
Vincent shrugs. "I don't know-you will have to ask Lauren about that!
Where is Mom?"
Old 06-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrrylouise
Vincent: "Yes,I get what you mean about the party.
Why not let her do all the work and then just pretend like you are throwing the party?
What's she planning to do,walk in and act surprised?"
Amy:" I guess so"
"I just needed some quiet time alone and I couldn't sit still.
You know me too well.
This job is getting to me.
I think I am going to take a vacation week and take Lauren to a cabin somewhere secluded and just hike and sit by the Lake and ride our bikes for a week.
Do you think she would go for that or would she be too "bored" spending a week with her Mom with no malls?"
Vincent shrugs. "I don't know-you will have to ask Lauren about that!
Where is Mom?"
"Now that I think about it, I shouldn't mind. Donna's a good friend. If she wants me to throw her a surprise party then that's what I'll do. I guess if she tells me exactly what to do, at least I can't go wrong."
Vincent nods. "That's true."
"Mom and Sean are working late. They're trying to find an emergency foster family for a little girl."
Vincent shakes his head. "I don't know how Mom does it. If I were her I'd be tempted to go and beat up all the abusive and neglectful parents."
"As a judge I'd have to advise against that."
"I know. I guess that's why people like Mom are social workers. They need the best."
"I hope Lauren will want to come with me on vacation."
"You know bribery never hurts." Vincent winks.
"Vincent!"
"What?"
"I shouldn't have to bribe my own daughter."
"Like Mom never had to bribe us?"
"That's different?"
"How so?