Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

The Lonely Hearts Club - OT thread #8

Old thread

Anne, I feel your pain. Sometimes I can understand that they have to add the German title to make the original one more understandable, but I just don't see the point in replacing English titles with other English titles. (It's still better than them coming up with a new German title, though. Remember what they did to 'Finding Neverland'? )

Brek, I really like your questions for Hanson, especially the first one. Let us know if they are among the top 5 questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversun
You know, I am really pissed off at record companies for doing that - all the rabid fans will go out and buy the new records straight away, and 6 months later they'll put out something lovely like that and all the real fans miss out unless they're prepared to buy the same thing again!
I hate when record companies do that. But they know exactly that most of the fans will buy the special editions even though they already have the normal ones. As if they don't earn enough money otherwise.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen
Old thread

Anne, I feel your pain. Sometimes I can understand that they have to add the German title to make the original one more understandable, but I just don't see the point in replacing English titles with other English titles. (It's still better than them coming up with a new German title, though. Remember what they did to 'Finding Neverland'? )

You guys won't believe it, they called it "Wenn Träume fliegen lernen", which actually means "When dreams learn to fly". I mean hello???
Old 08-18-2005, 04:54 AM
Master Fan

Sorry I haven't dropped by lately. Bad mod. I'm not sure what's been happening these few days, time seems to have gone all wonky. What's happening with everyone?

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 08-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversun
I'm not sure what's been happening these few days, time seems to have gone all wonky.
Tell me about it. I get up in the afternoon and don't find the time to do anything because of that. But I can't get up earlier because I'm always awake until 4 or 5 in the morning. It's a vicious circle. *sigh*
Old 08-19-2005, 05:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Tell me about it, too. I mean I should be writing a paper (due August 31st) and I haven't even started yet because I just can't find the time...
Old 08-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Oh, you poor dears. Are you on holidays Anja!

Can someone point me toward a complete song list of what was played on YA? Someone asked me and I can't remember where to find it off the top of my head.

Old 08-21-2005, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

Just a quick hi, I'm just back from my holidays. Had a great great time and got a lot to catch up I see...
Old 08-22-2005, 06:27 AM
Elite Fan

Go write your paper, Anne!!

Nicky, I'm on holidays until the beginning of September. For the songs, you could check the music thread here and then thank me for being very obsessed and saving everything YA related.
Susana, you're back!! How was your trip?

Btw, in case you hadn't noticed, I haven't been around since Thursday because I'm having problems with my internet. I'm hoping it'll be fixed again soon, though.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:51 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Anja! For being so obsessed. I hope your net gets fixed soon too!

Susana! How was your trip? Tell! Tell!

I just got some of my first vidding awards for a couple of Firefly videos. The shameless media whore in me is very pleased.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Anja, yeah I noticed and I do hope you get your internet working properfly soon . Nicky, you have found all the song titles? I think I've got a list somewhre too

Wow guys, NYC is amazing! What such an intense week I had there, it's like being in a movie or like if you already knew the buildings, the streets,... You should definitely go someday, it's an amazing place, different to anything and I'm sure you'd love it. Actually we could go together . Anyway, I'm writing many details in my LJ and post some pics in the next days . Just letting you know that in my flight back NY-Madrid, I travelled with Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith (I wish they would have been Ian and Kate but ) in the same plane!

Anne, I know I already told you but I your avie!
Old 08-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Net is fixed again!

Nicky, you're very welcome. Congrats on winning the vidding awards! That just proves what a great vidder you are.

Susana, I can't wait to read about your trip! Wow, did you actually talk to Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith or did you just see them in your plane? I like the plan about going to NYC together. We definitely should do that someday.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronakat
:
Anne, I know I already told you but I your avie!
Oh thanks you so much!! But credits go to Anja...

Anja , it's not like I don't wanna start!! (I actually started today, finally! Yay!)
Old 08-24-2005, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

That's good to hear Anne. I hope it's going well. And I love your sig. Where is it from?

I loved reading about everything on your LJ Susana! And make sure you post some pics on the pics thread over here too, m'kay?

Aww, thanks Anja! Let's try to catch up over MSN this weekend; feels like it's been forever since I talked to you.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

New thread. It's good to have a ramble.

Different names for movies can be complicated, sounds as if the German titles aren't really relivent to the movies though! In Australia, we like to have more information. Eg. in America it was "The Forsaken", in Australia "The Forsaken: Desert Vampires". Whatever.

Thanks Anja! Hopefully the fellow fans will want it answered too. *shrug* A lot of people are asking STUPID questions, I haven't received my membership CD, when will you come back to whatever place? You'd think people would come up with better questions for their suposed idols than that. The question submition closes at the end of the month. I wait with anticipation.

Just listening to the fanclub CD with 4 songs they recorded especially for their fanclub. "Never Let Go" is beautiful!

Man, I would love to go to NY. My sister and I are busting to go to America.

Went to Ikea this week, I bought 4 DVD shelves, each holds 100 DVD's or 30 videos, should hold my collection nicely. I'm going to try and mount them together. I also got a cool full length mirror with blue mosaic tiles which was 129 down to only 60 bucks. My sister said I picked it up moments before another lady, and she really cracked the sts. Heheh!

Anyone watching reading listening to anything good lately? I've dragged out my old "Dawson's Creek" videos, taped (nearly) every episode, only problem is that most of the videos aren't marked. Grrr. I'm also about to watch the final "Lost" which is in about 20 minutes. Downloaded the trailer for "Everything Is Illuminated", I have to say, Elijah Wood is such a sexy geek!

Just started reading "The Stand" again, I already felt ill after reading the first chapter. This book is just over 1,000 pages long! I'm only up to chapter 7!

Been listening to Hanson, waiting (un)patiently for their live CD, which comes out October 11...

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 08-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Celebriän~*~
Oh thanks you so much!! But credits go to Anja...
Actually, credits go to Nina. At least I think it's hers.

Anne, yeah, I'm sure you couldn't wait to start working on the paper. Good to hear that you started, though. I wish I'd start reading the book I have to read for the new school year.

Nicky, that's because we haven't talked in ages! It's all my fault because I get up so late. I think I won't be able to be around on (my) Sunday morning, but I'll try to be there on (my) Saturday morning.

Brek, did you enjoy the Lost finale?