Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

"YA" Mistakes, Behind-The Scenes, Bloopers etc!

Discussion about "YA" mistakes, behind-the-scenes, bloopers etc!

It always annoyed me in the pilot why Bella let Scout have 2 cokes for free, and more so, why Scout had 2 cokes to begin with. If he bought a second one for later, then why did he open that one too?

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 10-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

We know of two outtake scenes that Ian described in the Friday Five (at Ian Then Some):
Quote:
I along with thousands of others loved you as "Hamilton" on Young Americans! I was just wondering if you could share one of your favorite experiences from the show, whether it be a favorite episode, scene or something that happed off camera with you an the other cast members.

There were many actually, but one in particular was when Jake and Hamilton are in the shower then Finn comes in and catches us. Well, as a joke to me and the people behind the camera, Kate Moennig and Ed Quinn deicide to do a take when Finn walks in the bathroom, Jake runs out in her towel, jumps into the arms of the handsome Finn, and lips locks in a tightly-embraced make out session. It was really funny actually and one of the last scenes on the last day of filming...

What's your most embarrassing moment from the set? (Which set was it?)

ONE COMES TO MIND. WHEN I WAS SHOOTING YA [Young Americans] THERE WAS A SCENE IN EPISODE 107- THE LAST ONE (THAT BRILLIANT PIECE OF A SCRIPT- BEING VERY SARCASTIC) WHEN I AM CHASING JAKE IN MY TOWEL AFTER FINN HAD CAUGHT US IN THE BATHROOM. LONG STORY LONGER- I RUN OUT DOWN THE HALL AND MY TOWEL CAME OFF. YEAH REAL FUN.
Erm... did Ryder change rooms in the show? When he arrives at Rawley in Kiss and Tell, his room looks like this...

...but when they play cards there in Gone, it looks like this...

...huh?
Old 10-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love the stories that are JUST coming out about the show. The locking lips with Finn is something I would have loved to have seen.

As for Ian sans a towel, I guess that wouldn't be too bad.

Maybe Ryder was rich enough that he could afford 2 rooms.

In "Winning Isn't Everything", Jake wipes her mouth with her napkin, thoroughly enough to wipe off her lipstick. Yet when she reaches the docks with Hamilton he wipes lipstick from her mouth. Huh?

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 10-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

That's a great observation Anja. I never noticed that before!

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 10-10-2005, 02:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Behind the scenes, Kate and Matt were falling in LURVE. I think that is just so cute!

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 10-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

In the Pilot there are, as we all know, some scenes from the unaired Pilot. The one where Jake says "I get inside my mom's e-mail account..." was actually DAD'S in the unaired one, and if you look closly you see that it's voice-overed.

I used to be schizo but now we're fine.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

It always bothered me that in the pilot Scout tells Bella that he doesn't have a cell phone, then a few episodes later (Winning isn't Everything I think it was), what does Scout leave behind at the station? His cell phone.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:51 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I believe that it was the scene when Jake tells Hamilton that she’s going to NY. That or Kate and I were just making out on set.... Kidding! It was in a take or a rehearsal and it was all YA stuff.
After all this time, I still feel the urge to say...'yeah, right!'

Quote:
Well, as a joke to me and the people behind the camera, Kate Moennig and Ed Quinn deicide to do a take when Finn walks in the bathroom, Jake runs out in her towel, jumps into the arms of the handsome Finn, and lips locks in a tightly-embraced make out session. It was really funny actually and one of the last scenes on the last day of filming...
good thing we have a colorful imagination, because I don't think we're ever going to see that in live...color.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki
After all this time, I still feel the urge to say...'yeah, right!'
Once you enter Denialville you never ever leave.

I would've loved to see the Ed/Kate scene. *sigh* We really need a blooper reel or something.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Hehee, gosh, I've forgotten this pic. I remember when it was first shown on this Board, and there was a furore about the pic and of course that's when denialville was invented.

Nothing tops this pic for "Jahammer" moments
Old 06-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, it sure doesn't! *sigh*

It really bugs me, how Scout was saying he doesn't have a cell phone, but low and behold - he does have one. I guess he was trying to impress Bella as being a regular Joe.

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 06-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brekkon
It really bugs me, how Scout was saying he doesn't have a cell phone, but low and behold - he does have one. I guess he was trying to impress Bella as being a regular Joe.
Yeah, that would've been my guess, too. What bugged me more was that in WBSHM he didn't have a cell phone with him to call anyone that could get them out of there, and neither did Jake. Even though she packed everything she needed when she'd be back in New York.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:04 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

^What bugs me is this scene that's supposedly being "rehearsed"...never ever aired.

Was he suppose to run towards her and kiss her senseless? I mean, all I can remember was a sad little wave. And Hamilton walking away...

There were no scenes with the two of them with the bike during the WBSHM, right?

Old 11-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki (View Post)
There were no scenes with the two of them with the bike during the WBSHM, right?
No. Which doesn't exactly support their whole "we just rehearsed" story. But, maybe they changed the scenes a bit, maybe the j/h goodbye scene originally took place with them standing at the gas station on front of the bike...

... but somehow I don't believe that.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
No. Which doesn't exactly support their whole "we just rehearsed" story. But, maybe they changed the scenes a bit, maybe the j/h goodbye scene originally took place with them standing at the gas station on front of the bike...

... but somehow I don't believe that.
Anja, we should have asked Ian about that when we had the chance