Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Total Fan

Leos H/G: Her touch gave him goosebumps.

Welcome to the official Leo thread everyone. Home of Harry James Potter and his beautiful bride to be Ginevra Molly Weasley.

Artwork by Nicole

We think Leo (the astrological sign of the lion) is a great representation of Harry and Ginny and here's why:
1) Both are Leos: Harry was born on July 31st and Ginny was born on Aug 11th
2) Both are Gryffindor (Lions) students and quidditch team members
3) Both have firery spirits that seem to complement each other perfectly

If these don't say match made in heaven, then heaven must not exist.

The Leo List
121 members to date
~A~
86amanda86 • acousticmelody • Alea • Amy_Amélie • andrea • **Andrea** • AngelDevil • Angelic pixie • angelina.wood • Anla • anne86 • antillesrogue • Ashli • Atti's Angel
~B~
80sBabygirl • baileycat • bellle4u • bitterkidxsweety • Bloody Brilliant • blueangel • BlUe_EyEd_GoDdEsS1227 • BlushingAmbition • BreathofJasmine • Buckbeaky • BuffyAngelFan04 • Butterflygirl
~C~
Call me Del • Candygirl • Celebrian Saralonde • chandlerbingfan • Cheermione Silverstain • chilenita • chocomaro • ++Clara++ • ~ColieOlie~ • Courtie • *crazychick* • CurlyEm • cutejanam
~D~
~Daniel~ • Daphne Bell • *Dark_Angel*4eva • Darth Liz • DeeQ • Draco's Ginny • DreamerChild13 • dreamsingr • Dreamer who loves candy • Dr. Nick
~E~
Edhellen_Awartha • Elizabeth90 • *Elle* • EphramIsHot • Esther
~F~
frodobaggins07
~G~
Gilmoracholic • Ginny Loves Harry • Girlfriend • _gloria • Go Huskers! • Gosling Fan
~H~
HalesNLuke • HaveALittleFaith • Houston
~I~
iamFez • iLuVsPiKeNmiLo224 • inzaghina • IriSka • izzylizzrd
~J~
- Jade • Jade Stellar • Jelenbean • jjlover01
~K~
kewljules • KidChinoNaley23
~L~
Lana_Llama • Oº°‘¨Laura¨‘°ºO • .*.~.Laura.~.*. • lenfaz • Leo-4-Life • lh2005 • Liz 01 • Living Dead Girl • lucero • Luinélwen
~M~
magicman • *Mana* • *Maria* • *Mariana* • miSStakentriSh • Mini-Mo • m&m fkan
~N~
Neila • neko_chan • nesscafe
~O/P~
Pavlov's Belle • Peaches04 • PerKikiy • PixiePink : One and Only
~Q/R~
Rainstorm18 • rapunzelchick • RavenSpriteEnigma • ReachOut
~S~
SirenSong • SkidoCat • slayerette14 • sofreshsidekick • starlightMint • StarVixen • StellarStar : SassySarah
~T~
taressa05 • Tashi • The Maria
~U/V~
Verbi • Victoria Secret, Veronakat (Susana)
~W~
White Lady of Rohan • will_witch • Wilpen
~X/Y/Z~
XxShOrTiiE08, xxCrashIntoMexx
Joanne Kathleen Rowling *honorary member*
Chris Rankin (Percy) *honorary member*

What J.K. Rowling says about Harry and Ginny

JKR Q&A (pre-HBP)
(Red Nose Day Chat) Q: Will Harry ever notice the long-suffering Ginny Weasley?
]JKR: You'll see... poor Ginny, eh?[/color]

(Dec, 2000 Time Magazine Interview) Q: And what about Ginny (Ron's younger sister?)
JKR: Poor Ginny, languishing in love for Harry, and he's merrily asking out other girls right under her nose! But that's just a boy thing."

(Online Chat 04/03/2004) Q: Do you plan for Ginny to take on a major character role in the next two books?
JKR: Well, now that Ginny has stopped being mute in Harry's presence I think you can see that she is a fairly forceful personality (and she always has been, remember Ron saying that she 'never shuts up' in Chamber of Secrets)?

TLC and Mugglenet's interview with JKR -July 16th, 2005
MA: Did Ginny send Harry the valentine?
JKR: Yeah, bless her.
MA: Was it a Tom Riddle thing, or Ginny Weasley?
JKR: No, Ginny Weasley.
MA: Well, she got paid back for it.
JKR: [laughs] Eventually.
MA: I think you set that up from the train compartment scene [in book one], where he was watching — all the relationships, that scene probably set it up.
JKR: I think so. I hope so. So you liked Harry/Ginny, did you, when it happened?
ES: We've been waiting for this for years!
JKR: Oh, I'm so glad.
MA: Oh my gosh, that kiss!
JKR: Yeah.
ES: It actually materialized!
JKR: It actually happened, I know! I felt a little bit like that.
MA: Had you been trying to get them —
JKR: Well I always knew that that was going to happen, that they were going to come together and then part.
ES: Were you always -----ing it? [We can’t figure out what Emerson actually said here.]
JKR: Well, no, not really, because the plan was, which I really hope I fulfilled, is that the reader, like Harry, would gradually discover Ginny as pretty much the ideal girl for Harry. She's tough, not in an unpleasant way, but she's gutsy. He needs to be with someone who can stand the demands of being with Harry Potter, because he's a scary boyfriend in a lot of ways. He's a marked man. I think she's funny, and I think that she's very warm and compassionate. These are all things that Harry requires in his ideal woman. But, I felt — and I'm talking years ago when all this was planned — initially, she's terrified by his image. I mean, he's a bit of a rock god to her when she sees him first, at 10 or 11, and he's this famous boy. So Ginny had to go through a journey as well. And rather like with Ron, I didn’t want Ginny to be the first girl that Harry ever kissed. That's something I meant to say, and it's kind of tied in.

One of the ways in which I tried to show that Harry has done a lot of growing up — in “Phoenix,” remember when Cho comes into the compartment, and he thinks, ‘I wish I could have been discovered sitting with better people,’ basically? He's with Luna and Neville. So literally the identical thing happens in “Prince,” and he's with Luna and Neville again, but this time, he has grown up, and as far as he's concerned he is with two of the coolest people on the train. They may not look that cool. Harry has really grown. And I feel that Ginny and Harry, in this book, they are total equals. They are worthy of each other. They've both gone through a big emotional journey, and they've really got over a lot of delusions, to use your word, together. So, I enjoyed writing that. I really like Ginny as a character.

Harry/Ginny Fanfiction Recomendations:

By Alphie:
With or Without You - Ginny's disappeared from the wizarding world. Can Harry find her? Will he discover the secret she kept from him for years?

By Anya:
Naked Quidditch Match - A game of magical Truth or Dare leads to some dire consequences for the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

By Arabella and Zsenya:
After the End - It's the summer after seventh year, and Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and the rest of the wizarding world must learn to live without fear.

By Emlizanne:
Remember Me - Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny are four friends with a special bond. But when tragedy strikes, two of their number are torn away - one Cursed, one fled without a trace. Then one day, out of the blue, the deserter returns, with a whole lot of explaining to do...

By Alphie:
Quills and Ink Bottles - Mrs. Weasley has a unique talk with Ginny about her developing relationship with Harry

By Aeterna:
Bridge Over Troubled War - Ginny has Harry's best interests at heart, her mothers best chocolates at hand, and a determination to get through to a friend in need. The wonderful "Chocolate in the Library" scene from Ginny's POV

By Portkey:
Icon - Harry has his first happy Halloween, thanks to Ginny.

By LaFeeMechante:
Jenny When someone you love dies, are they really ever gone? When somebody you care for passes on, have they really left you forever?

By Sciens Mulier
A Particularly Happy Hour …Harry was sitting beside the window in the common room, supposedly finishing his Herbology homework but in reality reliving a particularly happy hour he had spent down by the lake with Ginny at lunchtime…” The missing HBP moment!

Harry and Ginny Sites:

Sink Into Your Eyes great fanfiction archive

Fate Official H/G Fanlisting

Giving Her the Power The Characterization of Harry/Ginny (essay) by Red Monster

You're Still The One A Harry & Ginny Fan Art Site

The Harry/Ginny Workshop - A Workshop to hone your skills for H/G output whether it be essays, debating, fanfiction, art, digital art or video editing. This site contains spoilers for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Our Favourite HBP scene: Chapter 24
Harry looked around; there was Ginny running towards him; she had a hard, blazing look in her face as she threw her arms around him. And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her.
After several long moments – or it might have been half an hour – or possibly several sunlit days – they broke apart. The room had gone very quiet. Then several people wolf-whistled and there was an outbreak of nervous giggling. Harry looked over the top of Ginny's head to see Dean Thomas holding a shattered glass in his hands and Romilda Vane looking as though she might throw something. Hermione was beaming, but Harry's eyes sought Ron. At last he found him, still clutching the Cup and wearing an expression appropriate to having been clubbed over the head. For a fraction of a second they looked at each other, then Ron gave a tiny jerk of the head that Harry understood to mean, "Well – if you must."
The creature in his chest roaring in triumph, Harry grinned down at Ginny and gestured wordlessly out of the portrait hole. A long walk in the grounds seemed indicated, during which – if they had time – they might discuss the match.

Artwork by Marta

Chapter 25
The fact that Harry Potter was going out with Ginny Weasley seemed to interest a great number of people, most of them girls, yet Harry found himself newly and happily impervious to gossip over the next few weeks. After all, it made a very nice change to be talked about because of something that was making him happier than he could remember being for a very long time, rather than because he had been involved in horrific scenes of Dark magic.
"You'd think people had better things to gossip about," said Ginny, as she sat on the common-room floor, leaning against Harry's legs and reading the Daily Prophet. "Three Dementor attacks in a week, and all Romilda Vane does is ask me if it's true you've got a Hippogriff tattooed across your chest."
Ron and Hermione both roared with laughter. Harry ignored them.
"What did you tell her?"
"I told her it's a Hungarian Horntail," said Ginny, turning a page of the newspaper idly. "Much more macho."
"Thanks," said Harry, grinning. "And what did you tell her Ron's got?"
"A Pygmy Puff, but I didn't say where."
Ron scowled as Hermione rolled around laughing.

Artwork by Marta

But Ron's tolerance was not to be tested much as they moved into June, for Harry and Ginny's time together was becoming increasingly restricted. Ginny's O.W.L.s were approaching and she was therefore forced to revise for hours into the night. On one such evening, when Ginny had retired to the library and Harry was sitting beside the window in the common room, supposedly finishing his Herbology homework but in reality reliving a particularly happy hour he had spent down by the lake with Ginny at lunch-time, Hermione dropped into the seat between him and Ron...

Artwork by Marta

PM the thread started or one of the mods if you want to be added to our list.

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr

Last edited by *antarian angel*; 05-19-2006 at 08:22 PM
Old 04-17-2006, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Sam! Here is the opening post from the Leo thread on the Dan board. I'll get you the proper header as well. But this is a start.

ETA: Okay it should be already.

...edited...

Last edited by *antarian angel*; 04-17-2006 at 08:25 AM
Old 04-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Total Fan

Thank you!! I'll put it in the opening, then delete it from your post.

One question though- was there the same opening on the HP board and the Dan board?

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 04-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Pretty much yeah. The only exception was that I used different artwork from marta but yeah the copy was the same.

The members list has been reduced so if any Leos out there who's name are missing please let me know and we'll add you back again.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Outstanding. Glad to see this one is up.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:14 AM
Total Fan

Yes, we're back!!!

I've really missed this place! Any of your guys have LJ's? I have Amy's but no one elses. Just in case something like this ever happens again...

Okay, I come with icons I made last week but couldn't post here. It's a new series I've started called Stolen Moments and I'll be working on more starting tonight!

- 4 H/G mini-movies

Teasers:

The rest are here!

Fez.

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr
Old 04-18-2006, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice Job Fez.

Hey Michelle!

It's been torchure without you guys. Now lets get back to some real juicy H/G discussions.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:58 AM
Master Fan

Love the icons Fez.

Could I be re-added please?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Darn. I wish I could do it, but I didn't start the thread. PM Sam and she'll do it. In the mean time I can add you to the Leo list on the Dan board if you want XxSh0rTiiE08

So just as FF died we were awaiting our WOMBAT results from JKR's site. I received an Acceptable. A little disappointed but I guess that proves I'm keeping up with the average.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Yay the thread is back.

Welcome back Leos.

I was going through some serious FF and Leo withdrawal.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Total Fan

Jen, I'll add you to the list.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Sam. We'll try to get through this thread as fast as we can so you won't be bothered with tasks like this.

So according to the latest interview with the Phelps twins and Rupert from the Jo Whiley Radio Show. And Rupert said that he had just come from filming the scene in Umbridge's office with the Inquisitorial Squad for the OotP film. This scene also includes Bonnie most likely as Ginny was also caught by the squad.

Exciting stuff!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Fez your icons are really amazing.

I'm happy that Bonnie is going to be in more scenes than the previous films. Of course, she needs to be because of her importance in Harry's life in movie 6.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

YAY! FF is back! It just wasn't the same without it.

Quote:
And Rupert said that he had just come from filming the scene in Umbridge's office with the Inquisitorial Squad for the OotP film. This scene also includes Bonnie most likely as Ginny was also caught by the squad.
That was my first thought too. I'm so glad they are keeping the sextet in there - at least, it seems like they are. But from what the director said about exploring Luna's, Neville's, and Ginny's characters, I think it's a safe bet. OotP is going to be so interesting to see, especially as pertains to H/G - hopefully they will have at least a few of the clues from the book, plus maybe even some clues the screenwriter or director added in there himself.

Great icons, Fez, as usual!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

So does anyone know why FF was offline for so long?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top