Old 04-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Deftones #1

Old 04-10-2018, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!!! Love them!!!
Old 04-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you for bumping. Awesome there is a thread for them.

I've been on a huge nu metal nostalgia kick lately (and a everything-I-ever-like-in-middle-and/or-high-school nostalgia kick), so I've been revisiting Deftones discography. Unpopular opinion: White Pony is not my fave, it's Saturday Night Wrist.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

I prefer Saturday Night Wrist as well, i am pretty sure I got into them by hearing Hole in the Earth when I was playing Saints Row 2 (best SR game ever, actually preferred it to GTA as well).

What are some of your fave songs by them?
Major Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yey, another SNW fan! It's so awesome when you can remember exactly which song you heard first and when. I wish I had better memory to remember it clearly for more than a handful of bands, lol. Had to google Saints Row 2. I'm very advanced with games, I play Solitaire, Minesweeper and Sims

I've been mostly listening to SNW and DE lately, so my current fave is probably Mein (great song in general imo and Serj Tankian is definitely a plus because I was practically obsessed with SOAD somewhere around 7th and 8th grade). Also Diamond Eyes, Rocket Skates and Rats!Rats!Rats!.

Old faves, as far as I can remember, were Passenger (I liked Tool at the same time I liked nu metal, so this was perfect too), Elite, Change, My Own Summer, Bloody Cape and Minerva. I was happy about the Max Cavalera collab (obviously I love those ) but was never into the song.

What are your favorite songs? Albums besides SNW?
Old 04-20-2018, 09:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

yeah, ditto, i think most of the ones i remember, we're just through youtube suggestions man, good old solitaire and the sims, i remember coming home from school, chucking on music and playing that :lol

DE is my other fave album, i have a soft spot for it because, then was when i was really getting into them and it was their first album i bought. I had heard hole in the earth and had started checking them out on youtube, and then I saw DE at the shops and spontaneously bought it (i got into them later in my teens, I was 16/17).

man, fave songs is hard hmm, WP: knife party and change (because chino's vocals on that are amazing). DE: rocket skates, beauty school. Adrenaline: 7 words ATF: Be Quiet and Drive , Head Up. Deftones: Bloody Cape, Minerva. SNW: Cherry Waves, Kimdracula Koi: Romantic Dreams, Poltergeist. Haven't got a fave on Gore yet.

But honestly, 80% of their songs could be my fave
Old 04-25-2018, 11:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Awesome. I still need to catch up with Gore and Koi No Yokan. Come to think of it, I never managed to find Adrenaline back in the day, so I might give that one a spin too.

Nice that you enjoy so much of their stuff. Are they one of your favorite bands?
Old 04-25-2018, 10:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

yeah, i haven't given Gore a massive listen like the others. yeah, they are! easily in my top ten. how could you tell :p
Old 04-25-2018, 11:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've seen mixed responses to Gore so I'm kind curious to see how I like it. That "80% of their songs could be my fave" part wasn't telling at all
Old 05-02-2018, 08:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

i have listened to a bunch of other music since i last listened to Gore, so don't remember my feelings on it, will have to listen again.

fair enough. what are some of your fave bands?

Have you listened to Chino's other projects, like Team Sleep & Crosses?

Last edited by Major Blank; 05-02-2018 at 08:36 AM
Old 05-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Omg yes Team Sleep is awesome too and you welcome I was glad to bump this awesome thread.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Cool. What are your favorite Deftones albums and songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Blank (View Post)
i have listened to a bunch of other music since i last listened to Gore, so don't remember my feelings on it, will have to listen again.

fair enough. what are some of your fave bands?

Have you listened to Chino's other projects, like Team Sleep & Crosses?
I haven’t. You?

I’ve been listening to atmospheric black, American black and tech death more than anything else lately, so my faves at the moment are Burzum, Ulver, Agalloch, Weakling, Wolves in the Throne Room, Walknut, Ludicra, Cobalt, Panopticon, White Ward, Death, Atheist, Cynic, Gorguts, Cryptopsy, Necrophagist, Obscura, Spawn of Possession, Augury, Archspire, etc.

Generally, Idek. I’ve thought of Arch Enemy as my ultimate favorite band for a long time, but I haven’t really enjoyed their output since Doomsday Machine and haven’t been listening to them much lately at all. I expect to re-embrace their old work full force when/if I get hit by a melodeath nostalgia wave. Some old faves (outside of atmo black and tech death) I’ve been revisiting in the past few months are Linkin Park, System of a Down, Katatonia, Opeth, Amorphis, Celtic Frost, Bathory and Windir.

What are your favorites?
Old 05-28-2018, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like Around The Fur alot and Saturday Night Wrist.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Star