Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 03:10 AM
Elite Fan

Bruce Springsteen Thread #1 ~ 'Cause he's the boss!

Looks like the previous thread was lost, so here's a new one.

I got tickets for his European tour!!! So cool!! May 16th. It's a small venue, so I can't wait to go!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
pinkpaisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Love Bruce.

The most exhausting concert I've ever gone to in my life. He must be a superhero to still keep it up after all this time , but I think He's cut them down from 4 hours.
xeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm gonna see him live on the 20th of May in Stockholm. I can't wait! And next week the album is coming out.
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:08 AM
Elite Fan

It's a great album!! I think his shows are now 2,5 hours and with the E-Street Band a little over 3 hours.

ETA: I made a wallpaper and some icons. They can be found here.

Yvonne

Last edited by pinkpaisley; 04-23-2006 at 02:27 PM
Old 04-27-2006, 04:04 PM
New Fan

I'm listening to his 1st album now. Lost in the Flood is playing. Wild/Innnocent/E Street Shuffle and The River are my favorite albums of his. My favorite song of his is Cover Me.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think I have one favourite, but I think The Rising comes close...

Yvonne
Old 05-17-2006, 05:10 AM
Elite Fan

Just saw Burce last night! Such an amazing show!!

Yvonne
Old 06-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

guess who's going to a springsteen/seeger sessions concert next tuesday!?!?!

<---------------
Old 06-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Val!! How was it??

Yvonne
Old 07-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley
Val!! How was it??
a month late.. but... it was excellent!!! i actually liked this concert more than i liked his other concert.. but.. i've only seen him twice and both concerts.. naturally were freakin' awesome..
Old 01-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

Where did all the Bruce fans go?

There are rumours of a new E-Street album and tour this year! So exciting! As much as I love the Seeger Sessions Band, I think it's time for a new E-street tour.

Yvonne
Old 02-20-2007, 10:38 AM
New Fan

Nils Lofgren

The E Street band is amazing. Check out Welcome to Nils Lofgren.com he has an amazing CD that came out in 2006 titled Sacred Weapon. Great music, he also has a My Space Page that displays some of his songs from the new CD.
marebear1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Elite Fan

Going to see my first Bruce concert (yes, I am a Bruce virgin ) with pinkpaisley!!

June 18th, Amsterdam Arena here we come!
Brilliant Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very Sad news this afternoon for Springsteen fans

E Street Band member Danny Federici dead at 58
by Jay Lustig/The Star-Ledger NJ E Street Band member Danny Federici dead at 58 - Breaking News From New Jersey - NJ.com

Thursday April 17, 2008, 10:49 PM

William Perlman/The Star-Ledger

Danny Federici, the longest-serving member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, died Thursday afternoon at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York after a three-year battle with melanoma. He was 58.

Keyboardist Federici, a Flemington native, played his last full show with the band in Boston in November before beginning treatment. Veteran session musician Charles Giordano replaced him at subsequent shows.

Federici made a poignant final appearance with the band last month in Indianapolis, playing on eight songs, including "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)," which spotlighted his atmospheric accordion playing.

When Springsteen made his induction speech as a new member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1999, he acknowledged every member of his E Street Band individually, with a few warm, well-chosen words. He described Federici as "the most instinctive and natural musician I ever met" and told him, "Your organ and accordion playing brought the boardwalks of Central and South Jersey alive in my music."

Federici, who played mostly organ as well as some accordion and glockenspiel, was a selfless virtuoso, adding his riffs to the rich E Street sound, but never trying too hard to draw attention to himself. He played with Springsteen before there even was an E Street Band - in the groups Child and Steel Mill - and was one of only three musicians to be in every E Street incarnation.

His organ playing could be soulful, as on "My City of Ruins," or bright and cheerful, as on "Hungry Heart," or cool and jazzy, as on "Kitty's Back."

When Federici took a leave of absence in November to undergo treatment for his disease, Springsteen released a statement saying "Danny is one of the pillars of our sound and has played beside me as a great friend for more than 40 years."

Federici learned his first keyboard instrument, the accordion, by watching "The Lawrence Welk Show."

'I started playing accordion at 7 years old," he said in 2005. "I had quite a little accordion career going on, before I even got involved in rock 'n' roll. I actually have one photo of me sitting at the Flemington Fair with a lousy smirk on my face, in front of like 50 people in the grandstand."

He earned his nickname, "The Phantom," in 1970. At a Steel Mill show at the Clearwater Swim Club in Atlantic Highlands, local residents complained about the noise, and police ended the show early, with a minor riot ensuing. Federici slipped away into the crowd, avoiding possible arrest.

In addition to recording and touring with the E Street Band, Federici released two albums of his own jazz-pop instrumentals: 1997's "Flemington" (re-released in 2001, with one new track, as "Danny Federici" ), and 2005's "Out of a Dream."

The former was named after the town where he grew up. "It took me a long time to come home, to think about who I am and where I came from," he said at the time.

Shows by Springsteen and the band scheduled for tonight and tomorrow in Florida have been postponed.

Read the full story in Friday's Star-Ledger.

I was lucky as a huge Springsteen fan to have gone to two of the shows this tour. One in October in NY and 1rst Boston show. At least he was able to come to one final show perform. Perhaps he knew he had a short time and needed to play.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, that was sad
He dedicated 4th of july asbury park (sandy) to him when he was in Antwerp last Monday.

Pics from pinkpaisley and me with Bruce. Taken the day after we saw his concert in Amsterdam 06/18/08

Brilliant Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread