Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Monalilly {Dom & Evi} #4: He was "really charmed" upon meeting her

^^Banner by GracieLou^^

Appreciation Threads
Evangeline Lilly/Dominic Monaghan Appreciation: Dating or just "Friends"
Evangeline/Dominic Appreciation Thread 2: Sshh it's a Seekrit!
Evangeline/Dominic Appreciation Thread 3: Monalilly: Squee!
Monalilly {Dom & Evi} #4: He was "really charmed" upon meeting her

Title Suggestions
Monalilly {Dom & Evi}: A pair of hot asses! GracieLou
Monalilly {Dom & Evi}: "Dom and I have always connected" - Evi Elms
Monalilly {Dom & Evi}: Dom and Evi sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G *Shannon* and rachel180691

Evi on Dom

“Dominic can’t go anywhere without being recognized. I’ve experienced that a bit and seen his reaction. He is very encouraged by it. He sees it as these people are his supporters and he’s so glad to have that support. So he’s very cordial and I’ve got to see someone be very positive about it, because not everyone is like that.”

"Dominic and I love bugs and nature and the jungle," she says. "I love to get dirty."

"I remember my first audition in LA and I was sitting in a room with him (Dom). I'm a die-hard Lord Of The Rings fan, but I had no idea who he was. No idea, I saw him and thought, 'Huh, that guys is kind of familiar. That's really odd.' An hour later, I was still waiting to go in, because that's the way those auditions are, and somebody made a comment about Lord Of The Rings. And he started talking like he knew all about it. So, I was thinking, 'Who are you?' And all of a sudden it clued in, oh my goodness, you were MERRY in Lord Of The Rings!"

"Him and I used to run around the jungle together and we'd collects bugs and we would go, 'Oooo look at this one. Look what I found.' I mean, he could name every single bug. We're kind of a little bit freaky that way."

Evangeline will not officially confirm her relationship with a man whose most famous role was as a hobbit in Lord of the Rings. "It is still rumoured. Dom is a really spectacular person. And I'd rather leave it at that."

"Dom and I have always connected. We're both obsessed with bugs and when we were filming the pilot we'd run around the jungle colecting them! We have lots of fun playing together."

"I immediately got along with Dominic. He makes me laugh, made me discover typically English groups like The Streets, teases me on my Canadian accent..."

Dom on Evi

"We get along like a house on fire."

"Evie and I hung out for the entire pilot pretty much, because of our characters are kind of together, so we, too, became very close."

"We understand where the other is going. She's a beautiful girl and we're interested in the same things."

"She knows what's important to her, and she isn't willing to have those things change."

"We both have the ability to live in the moment," he says of Lilly, "and we both are not that impressed by what is thrown at you by the industry.”

"Isn't she pretty and sweet? She's a cutie."

"I think she's beautiful."

But Monaghan, also of Lord of the Rings fame, did admit that on first meeting Lilly he was "really charmed". "Here I was chatting with someone who didn't have an awful amount of experience in the world but was really into it, as opposed to a jaded actor who was bored with it all," he said.

"She is kinda cute."

"She's a breath of fresh air."

"She's a Christian, but she's a pottymouth."

"She's a very, very attractive woman. She's just very real. You know, what you see is what you get."

"She's not a good driver. She actually drove me home from work once and mounted the curb twice."

"Also Evy, Evangeline Lilly and I are very close."

Dom and Evi

Dom: "Hi Evangeline"
Evi: "Hi honey."

Co-star Quotes
"Everybody got a whiff of that at the Golden Globes," said Somerhalder, who knew about the coupling before the rest of us. "But I can't get any love. Maggie Grace (Shannon) plays my sister. Emilie de Ravin (Claire) is engaged. Yunjin Kim (Sun) has a boyfriend. That leaves Evie (Lilly), and, well, you know about that." - Ian Somerhalder (USA Today)

Dominic Monaghan, who plays Charlie, has fallen in love with
co-star Evangeline Lilly, who plays Kate in the series....
Emilie: "Yeah, that's right. They're sweet. It's not flaunted on set. I don't know when it happened, but there was definitely some attraction there." - Emilie de Ravin (Aussie Woman's Day)

"Emilie [de Ravin, who plays Claire] is engaged and Evangeline [Lilly, who plays Kate] is in love [with co-star Dominic Monaghan, who plays Charlie], so I've just adopted nine big brothers who look out for me," says Maggie, the oldest of three children. - Maggie Grace (Inside TV)

Since you know them both so well, who do you think would win in a fight between Dom and his girlfriend, Evangeline Lilly?
"That’s a good question. Evie’s pretty tight and fast, but Dom might fight dirty. You know, he’s a Manchester punk kid. Then again, she’s a girl. I don’t think he’d punch her. You know who would win? Whoever’s watching would win." - Jorge Garcia (Maxim magazine)

"Dominic [Monaghan] and Evangeline [Lilly] like to play "glow" miniature golf with those 3-D glasses." - Yunjin Kim

So did he really counsel, as has been reported, Lilly and her co-star and fiancé Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) about the perils of dating a fellow cast member? "Advice on that? I don't know..." he says carefully. "We all go way back. Evie, Dom and I all got to know each other on the pilot and all that demands the physical and emotional discoveries of each other. As early as that they had intense feelings for each other." - Matthew Fox

Monalilly Appreciation List
Elms
GracieLou
Elyx
ColdLinoleum
RoRowen
GracesAngel
virgo
Caliina

Last edited by Elms; 11-19-2006 at 05:53 PM
Old 04-21-2006, 04:44 AM
Absolute Fan

Hee. Love the pics.
I’m actually looking in the mirror right now and I know that in 10 years, I won’t look like this. I’ll look 31, not 21. It’s our spirit that people will remember us for as time goes on and we grow older.-Nikki Blonsky
Old 04-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cute pics.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Cute pictures! Thanks for starting the thread! Did we have a banner before? I can't remember..
Old 04-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Extreme Fan

No problem. Yeah, we had a banner that GracieLou made. She said she would look and see if she saved it.

Some recent tidbits

Honolulu Advertiser

Quote:
Tuesday, April 4, 2006

TROPICAL TOPICS: Charlie and Kate of "Lost" — that's Dominic Monaghan and Evangeline Lilly, an off-camera couple — dined at Baci Bistro in Kailua a few nights back. Posed for pictures, too.
Honolulu Advertiser

Quote:
Thursday, April 13, 2006

SIGHT 'EMS: Where to spot "Lost" cast members, you ask? Try the Honolulu Symphony. On one weekend, the orchestra played to Daniel Dae Kim and Harold Perrineau, who took in the Elvis Costello pops event and mingled with Costello before the show. The next weekend, Dominic Monaghan and Evangeline Lilly heard the Mozart Requiem classical program, after Lilly was a top bidder for tickets at a charity function. ...
According to a couple of different magazines, when Evi did her two day photoshoot for Elle magazine, Dom was with her.

A pic I saw on webshots of a lady who was on vacation in Hawaii last month and met Dom and Evi.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

So cute and laid-back. I love them
Old 04-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice pic.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww the two of them are so dang cute.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:27 AM
Loyal Fan

hey there, thanks for opening the thread but some IMPORTANT information: we were at thread no. 4 and we had a shipper list. and now ill search my banner and edit the post then

a dom quote from an interview with ok! dunno from when,tough.
(...)But we think the real reason Dominic looked like a guy who had just won the lottery is his rumored relationship with sexy LOST co-star Evangeline Lilly(, who was at the same LA soiree). From the glances he gave in her direction when he answered our 20th question, we think the rumors are pretty dead on!
Q: what do you look for in a woman?
D: A sense of humor, sense of style, class, intelligence and really beautiful eyes.

oh and i remember that other interview, when he talked about john lennon and called evi his muse or sth... anyways he said
"When love is in your love you feel like you're on the right track."
i love that one

hooray for me i found the banner...

oh i just read that dom seemed to be with her on the ellen shot- soo cute or maybe he wanted to get sure that she doesnt do too sexy picslmao *JK*

Last edited by GracieLou; 04-22-2006 at 05:36 AM
Old 04-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

You know, they do sort of echo that John Lennon/Yoko Uno type relationship. I've always thought Dom looked more like a rockstar than an actor. Plus, he's heavily into the environment and occurences elsewhere in the world. He radiates a calmness and inner contentment. Evi is similar. She loves humanatarian work. Enjoys life and nature. They're a very eclectic pair. I could see them growing old together and changing the world.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:53 AM
Extreme Fan

GracieLou, thanks for the heads up about the thread number. One of the mods fixed it for us. And thanks for finding the banner. I'll get that added later today.

The journalist who interviewed Evi for Elle magazine mentioned in the article that she keeps a picture of her and Dom in Paris on her refrigerator and a pic of Dom in her car. I thought it was cute, but I imagine she wishes the journalist hadn't focused on that.

From a interview with The Sunday Mail:

Quote:
The series has also brought Evangeline love with British co-star Dominic Monaghan, who plays heroin addict rocker Charlie Pace.

Dominic, who starred as Hobbit Merry in the Lord of the Rings movies, is even reported to have proposed.

The pair have refused to talk about their off-screen romance but Evangeline admits they became firm friends from the start.

She said: "It was a real bonding time, we got very close very fast."
Old 04-23-2006, 06:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elms

The journalist who interviewed Evi for Elle magazine mentioned in the article that she keeps a picture of her and Dom in Paris on her refrigerator and a pic of Dom in her car. I thought it was cute, but I imagine she wishes the journalist hadn't focused on that.
haha yeah i bet so id love to see that pic of her+dom let's hope she doesnt get too much distracted from his pic in her car lol
Old 04-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Extreme Fan

I finally got the banner added.

Evi and Dom contributed to the ITP Foundation's Online Celebrity Doodles Auction. The Foundation is auctioning off a signed doodle from Dominic and a signed photo & doodle from Evangeline. If you are interested, the links are:

Dominic:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dominic-Monaghan...QQcmdZViewItem

Evangeline:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Evangeline-Lilly...QQcmdZViewItem

The ITP Foundation battles the bleeding disorder ITP (immune thrombocytopenic purpura) in children and adolescents. ITP causes bruising and bleeding throughout the body and requires regular monitoring and treatment. The Foundation supports medical research, provides financial assistance to families of children with ITP and strives to raise awareness of the disorder. At this time, there is no cure for ITP. For more information, visit www.itpfoundation.org or write info@itpfoundation.org.

It looks like Evi got Dom to help out, as he drew his doodle on the back of 1/2 of a letter addressed to her from a Beverly Hills talent agency, and she sent his doodle in along with hers.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:12 AM
Loyal Fan

thanks for the info (and adding the banner of cousre^^) i think its cool that they try to help that foundation- lets hope they will get some money together, for now, there are no bids.
besides its so cute that she sent hers and doms together^^ its such little things that prove how close they are.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Little bit of gossip from "The Thumb Guy" (tabloid television correspondent Doug Bruckner). Several years ago, he used to work at KITV in Honolulu, Hawaii. He met/interviewed Evi at the Grand Slam convention in early March. Since then he has scouted out a couple of Lost filming locations in Hawaii in an attempt to get some scoop on the show.

Via his recent blog entry Warning: his entry mentions a current Lost rumor that may be spoilerish. I left that part off.

Quote:
As for scoops?

Our girl Evangeline has reportedly moved in to Hobbit Dominic Monaghan’s house in Kaneohe