Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ghost World (2001) #1

Rebecca: You actually like that guy?
Enid: I don't know, I kind of like him. He's the exact opposite of everything I really hate. In a way, he's such a clueless dork, he's almost kind of cool.
Rebecca: That guy is many things, but he's definitely not cool

Rebecca: Oh look, there he is.
Enid: As always.
Rebecca: Waiting for the bus that never comes.
Enid: I wonder if he's just totally insane, or he really thinks the bus is coming?
Rebecca: Why don't you just ask him?
Enid: Hi. What's your name?
Norman: Norman.
Enid: Are you waiting for a bus?
Norman: Yes.
Enid: I hate to tell you this, but they canceled this bus line two years ago. There are no more buses on this street.
Norman: You don't know what you're talking about.

Enid: We need to find a place where you can go to meet women who share your interests.
Seymour: Maybe I don't want to meet someone who shares my interests. I hate my interests.

[observing Seymour's order from across the diner]
Enid: Oh my God. He just ordered a giant glass of milk.
Josh: ...That's a vanilla milkshake.

Enid: Just list your five main interests in order of importance.
Seymour: I'm gonna have to put traditional jazz, blues... and then ragtime at the top of the list.
Enid: Right, so let's just say music, that way we only use up one.[/CENTER]

~~

I just rented this movie last night and watched it, I really enjoyed it. It was something different. Has anyone seen this movie? What did you think of it?
My LJ

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 03-13-2008 at 06:47 PM
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:33 AM
Master Fan

Ooh, this was the first time you saw it? Cool!

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and thought it was well-done, but also the characters seemed completely genuine to me. Also, Steve Buscemi in a non-gangster role. VERY cool.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Words cannot express my love for this movie. That milk quote was one of my faves but there are so many great lines. It's funny because I just quoted this movie after I was complaining about the cost of going to the movies. I had gotten a medium which is, "only for suckers who don't know the true concept of value."

shrrshrr - I definitely agree about how genuine the characters felt. I mean, it's not necessarily the specifics of the situations but their reactions to things are very real.
summerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Im glad you both liked this movie! I thought it was also well done and the characters were genuine. I loved Steve Buscemi character, Seymour alot, he was funny and someone I can see being friends with, that or Josh.
My LJ
Old 05-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerbug
shrrshrr - I definitely agree about how genuine the characters felt. I mean, it's not necessarily the specifics of the situations but their reactions to things are very real.
Yes! That's it exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainstorm18
Im glad you both liked this movie! I thought it was also well done and the characters were genuine. I loved Steve Buscemi character, Seymour alot, he was funny and someone I can see being friends with, that or Josh.
It's true - but then I've always wanted to meet him. I guess I imagine his personality to be a lot like his character's, Seymour, only cooler.

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh same here! I think if I were to ever met Steve Buscemi he would have me cracking up alot, and I love guys with a good sense of humor. I can also see a serious side to him as well which he has shown in this film. I havent really seen other films of his were he plays a guy that isnt goofing around and trying to be taken seriously so seeing this film, it really changed my thought about him, and how he not only is a good comedian but is a good actor when it comes to drama as well.
My LJ
Old 05-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Agreed 100%. I'm actually trying to get ahold of the film he made - want to see how good it is, and expect good things from it. (although I can't recall the title right now)

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didnt know he made a film, thats pretty cool! Did you try looking in IMDB?
My LJ
Old 05-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Here's his IMDb profile - he's directed a couple of smaller films and some well-known television shows.

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow he has done quite a few things, I never knew he was a director and a producer, thats pretty neat, plus him being in a ton of movies. Its funny because I have seen quite a few movies he has been in, but never really noticed him expect for in The Wedding Singer, Big Fish, and now this film.
My LJ
Old 06-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

If anyone is interesting I made a Seymour/Enid video.

Sorta Fairytale
My LJ
Old 06-25-2006, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

Cool vid dude, I loved it.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank ya

I got your PM, and Im PMing you back.
My LJ